Namaste,

I have noted that some people react differently to a religious/spiritual life and the study of scriptures.

Personally I have noted 2 types:

1)The 1st type that becomes more immersed in religion..study of scriptures and develops intense Bhakti and love for God as his exposure to knowledge increases.He sticks to all rites and rituals of religion..enjoys his meditation and beams with joy and experiences a peace of mind.He basks in the Bhakti of Personal God.

2)The 2nd type that becomes analytical and as study gets deeper he/she starts to discard the idea of prayer and eventually even becomes neutral about the concept of God.

He does not become an Atheist or an Agnostic but remains neutral and does not reject neither does he accept nor even concerned about the concept of God.

This types drop all rites and rituals of formal prayer and ceases even to meditate.Life goes on as usual and he faces life as it comes.

I would like to know why these 2 extreme reactions are seen?

Is the concept of God as in Saguna/Nirguna eventually viewed as Neutral for a spiritual aspirant or is the 1st type the correct reaction and the 2nd type a failure or both are right?