Re: Help me..To find best yoga school In India
This is a noble request. So, one needs to be aware of this yoga from a few angles . One is how its defined classically by its roots and the other is how patañjali defines it in his yogadarśana (the yoga sūtras of Patañjali) - this can be addressed if there is interest. Yet it my assessment minakshijain is considering it from the view of ~exercise and stretching~ no doubt.
I want to learn yoga and start teaching in my gym.
Let's take a look , and then let me offer one idea for minakshijain to consider in his quest for a school of yoga.
Yoga is rooted in yuj the act of yoking , joining , attaching, harnessing. But to what? To the Supreme, to pure awareness, to bind one back to the source, to yoke one back to anuttara ( the Supreme). Yoga is also defined as a means , expedient , device , way , manner , a method.
Hence with 'method' we get various yoga-s; here are some of the names of the major approaches:
What minakshijain is most likely interested in pursuing is haṭha yoga. This term haṭha means a few things; many see this as the sun + moon ( ha + ṭha ). Yet too 'ha' can be viewed as the Supreme, a form of śiva or bhairava , also destroying or removing ; and ṭha is consider the the moon's disk , but this ṭha can also mean 'a place frequented by all '. So, we look at it in 2 lights:
- rāja ( some write rāj ) - king , sovereign , chief or best of its kind
- karma (some write karman) - action consisting in motion ; act, special duty, skill in action
- jñāna - knowing , becoming acquainted with , knowledge , (esp.) the higher knowledge of SELF, Supreme.
- bhākti or bhākta - ' the faithful ones'
- haṭha yoga - 'by force' ;' by all means '; persistently ( as in staying in one position)
- kriyā - action; doing , performing , performance , occupation. For me this looks much like a definition for karma yoga
So, for minakshijain... it seems to me that which ever location you select for learning this haṭha yoga , consider the one that sees this 'yoga' as more then an exercise regimen but an approach that will bring you to the fullness of Being ( śiva ). Any thing less and you can just think of a place to go learn jumping jacks and save yourself a lot of time and energy.
- ha + ṭha = sun and moon suggesting the combining and bringing in harmony that of the sun ( spirit) and that of the moon (mind).
- ha + ṭha = the Supreme + 'a place frequented by all' - intimating that haṭha yoga will bring one to the Supreme.
It also suggests with 'ha' the form of śiva or bhairava , as that which will destroy the impediments that holds back or limits one from frequenting the place where the Supreme resides.
because you are identical with śiva