Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspirations

Re: Inspirations

Namaste

Right ear means neither coming from left or right lobe, it means correct ear Dharma ear, prajna ear wisdom ear.

Harih Om
    When the Yoga enters into deeper states of trance, the heat of the Kundalini begins to course through the body, the subtle body is activated and the brain experiences a reverberating natural silence. The Yogin experiences a sense of purity, rejuvenation and alertness within. At this point, one may hear subtle sounds in the ear, smell burning incense or floral fragrances (which have non-worldly origin) and gain sight into the occult worlds. The sounds which the Yogin hears tend to vary depending on the inner plane of consciousness to which one is currently attuned. This post is a collection of these subtle sounds as noted in various ancient scriptures. As we see, there is lot of similarity in these descriptions.
    I have been hearing the internal sound through the right ear for almost one year. I recognized the sound during guided meditation by focusing on the silence or simple awareness in the mind. This sound is constantly present and always there and could be perceived almost effortlessly. This sound that I am talking about is similar to a sound that a normal ocean shell makes when one puts it on the external ear and listens to it. By the way one closet family member experienced the kundalini awakening one year ago at this time and it could support that my sound experience is associated with the Nada-Bindu.
    https://auromere.wordpress.com/2010/...yoga/#comments

Namaste

A previous entry by LightofOm

He who perceives inaction in action, and action in inaction, is wise among men; he is steadfast in yoga while performing all actions.

He who has excluded desire and motive from all his undertakings, and has consumed his karma in the fire of knowledge, him the wise men call a sage.

He who has abandoned all attachment to the fruits of action, always content, not dependent, even when performing action, does not do anything whatever.

Performing action with the body alone, without wish, restrained[controlled] in thought [mind] and self, with all motives of acquisition abandoned, he incurs no evil.

Content with whatever spontaneously comes to him, transcending the dualities [dwandwas: the pairs of opposites], free from envy, the same in success or in failure, even though he acts, he is not bound.

The karma of one who is free from attachment, who is liberated, whose mind is established in knowledge, who does action only as a sacrifice, is wholly dissolved.”

-Śrīmadbhagavadgītā 4:18-23

"In the midst of honor and glory, he lives leisurely, undisturbed..."

-Excerpt from Daodejing 26

And what to say of this?

“Although he may have brilliant prospects to look at, he quietly remains (in his proper place), indifferent to them.”

"Unpleasant things at least have the advantage of causing us to withdraw into ourselves in defense and retain our independence and integrity. But pleasant things draw us outward into identification with them and forgetfulness of our true nature as the Tao. We literally lose ourselves in them. Great and wise, then, is the one who can live in the midst of glamour and glory, untouched and undisturbed by it.

Pranam

Namaste

Brahma-bindu Upanishad
    Words strung together in compilations, serve only to
    protect and hide knowledge, as husk and chaff the grain ; let
    the wise look for the grain and cast away the chaff of words
    when that grain of truth has been found.'

Dandavats

Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 03 August 2018 at 01:10 PM.

Chapter 6: Sankhya-yoga

TEXT 30
    yo mam pasyati sarvatra
    sarvam ca mayi pasyati
    tasyaham na pranasyami
    sa ca me na pranasyati

SYNONYMS
    yah—whoever; mam—Me; pasyati—sees; sarvatra—everywhere; sarvam—everything; ca—and; mayi—in Me; pasyati—he sees; tasya—his; aham—I; na—not; pranasyami—am lost; sah—he; ca—also; me—to Me; na—nor; pranasyati—is lost.
    TRANSLATION
    For one who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me.

Chapter 7: Knowledge of the Absolute

TEXT 14
    daivi hy esa guna-mayi
    mama maya duratyaya
    mam eva ye prapadyante
    mayam etam taranti te

SYNONYMS
    daivi—transcendental; hi—certainly; esa—this; gunamayi—consisting of the three modes of material nature; mama—My; maya—energy; duratyaya—very difficult to overcome; mam—unto Me; eva—certainly; ye—those; prapadyante—surrender; mayam etam—this illusory energy; taranti—overcome; te—they.
    TRANSLATION
    This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.
    Chapter 7: Knowledge of the Absolute

TEXT 14
    daivi hy esa guna-mayi
    mama maya duratyaya
    mam eva ye prapadyante
    mayam etam taranti te

SYNONYMS
    daivi—transcendental; hi—certainly; esa—this; gunamayi—consisting of the three modes of material nature; mama—My; maya—energy; duratyaya—very difficult to overcome; mam—unto Me; eva—certainly; ye—those; prapadyante—surrender; mayam etam—this illusory energy; taranti—overcome; te—they.
    TRANSLATION
    This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 08 August 2018 at 09:23 AM.

“We may be conscious on a sensory level, but learning takes place on a mental level,” he continued, “which is why it’s important to pay attention to our mental consciousness. We need to examine our consciousness at a deeper level than our waking state, dominated as it is by sensory experience. Consciousness is subtler when we dream and there are no external sensory distractions. In deep sleep it is even subtler, but the subtlest consciousness manifests at the time of death. Indeed there are some people who are able to access this level of consciousness and their bodies remain fresh for a time after clinical death has taken place. Scientists are investigating this phenomenon to understand what is going on.
    “On a sensory level consciousness is related to pleasing sights, sounds, smells, tastes and aspects of touch. But anger and loving kindness are not sensory experiences. They take place on the level of the mind. Modern education tends to pay more attention to material goals and sensory experience. Although all spiritual traditions teach about love, tolerance and so forth, in spiritual practices longstanding practices for developing a calmly abiding mind (shamatha) and analytical insight (vipashyana) have given rise to a thorough understanding of the workings of the mind and emotions.

HH Dalai Lama

Thread Information