Thread: Inspirations

Threaded View

Re: Inspirations

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Whereas I admire learning about verses which give us something unique to ponder over and provide an opportunity to grow, it would be even more beneficial if the members could relate to us as to how the verse helped them grow, how did they get inspired, in what way they changed their lives. A personal touch with some practical application in our lives always enhances the beauty of verses. At a personal level, how something changes one's life would be the source of inspiration, otherwise people tend to admire the poetry and move on. Making something part of our daily lives takes a big effort and an inspirational verse may help that effort. So, how a verse helped in someone's day to day life with some practical examples would go a long way in making others connect with the inspirational component of the verse. It will help others to latch on to to the sublime; else the purpose of the exercise gets lost in mere admiration of poetry. Just a thought, in case more is to be made out of this thread. If however, the intent is to bring to the table beautiful verses and let those interested in exploring it more do it on their own, then the current format serves the purpose.

Pranam.
    Namaste, praNAm

You bring up an important point. So let me start by saying that first verse I posted here - "eshA brAmhi sthitI pArtha" is a sample example of all such similar verses in the Bhagavad Gita, chapter 2 , sthitapradnya, chapter 12, "yo me bhaktah: sa me priyah:" (such a devotee is very dear to Me), chapter 13 (what is jnana ans what isn't), 14 (symptoms of the triguNAteet - one beyond the 3 modes of nature), 15,17,18.49-57 (avyabhichAri bhakti, signs of the liberated, bramha-bhUta) etc.

Almost 15 or 20 years ago these verses started fascinating me, I was awed by
    merely reading and re-reading about them. Later, I did not read the Gita regularly, but whenever I felt any lack of peace over the world and worldly, the favorite retreat was the Gita, and these verses in it. They made me feel instant peace. Instant. Not exaggerating. One day 9 years ago, dearest ShyAm swept the devotee off their feet.
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 23 September 2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: added quote to which answer was given
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information