Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Inspirations

Re: Inspirations

Namaste,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI3DYO6VMC4

Waheguru means Wondrous Enlightener (beyond explanation) who eliminates the darkness of our mind with the light of his divine light. It also denotes the concept of oneness of God

However people sincerely call on me, I come to them and fulfill their hearts’ desires. They use many paths to reach me.” [4.11] also translated In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly. Everyone follows my path, knowingly or unknowingly, O son of Pritha. Here, Lord Krishna states that he reciprocates with everyone as they surrender to him.

For some reason I love this verse. It lets me know that as a sincere seeker God will meet me where I am. By hearts desires I don't feel that he means worldly desires, but spiritual desires and understanding. I pray to Lord Ganesha and Lord Shiva for the most part and Goddess Saraswati and Lakshmi however these words from Lord Krishna are some how very reassuring and comforting when I feel doubts about my spiritual progress
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Namaste

Gita 3.8 . . . (2)
    A Sanskrit verse, a traditional verse says:
    उद्योगिनं पुरुषसिंहमुपैति लक्ष्मीः - दैवेना देयं इति कापुरुष: वदन्ति |
    दैवं निहत्य कुरु पौरुषम आत्मशक्त्य - यत्ने कृते यदि न सिध्यति को अत्र दोष: ||
    'Lakshmi or Fortune comes to that lion among human being who is industrious', udyoginam purisasimham (उद्योगिनं पुरुषसिंह), 'that lion among human beings', upaiti Lakshmi (उपैति लक्ष्मीः),
    'Lakshmi runs towards such person with blessings'. Daivena deyam iti kapurushah vadanti (दैवेना देयं इति कापुरुष: वदन्ति), 'the low level human beings, kapurusha (कापुरुष) says that, he or she depends on one's own destiny', So, says the verse, daivam nihatya (दैवं निहत्य), 'throwing away all concept of destiny', kuru paurasham atmashaktya (कुरु पौरुषम आत्मशक्त्य), 'through your own inner strength, be industrious, be active. Yatne krite yadi na sidhyati ko'tr dosah (यत्ने कृते यदि न सिध्यति को अत्र दोष, 'in spite of all your efforts, if you did not get exactly what you wanted, what is wrong with it? That intense struggle, that effort, is the important thing. And most people do get when they undertake the struggle. Sometimes you may not get, that is no reason why you should give up industry and activity. Then he says that the activity we do with and in this body, can be made an instrument of our own spiritual liberation. That is the essential teaching of the Gita, that,normally, all the work you do increases the bondage, but because of the spiritual turn you give to it, you find work becomes an instrument of spiritual liberation.
    Source: 'Universal Message of the Bhagavad-Gita

Namaste

http://www.totalbhakti.com/bhajan.php?main_cate=Bhajan#
    sita ram sita ram by Gbhagwati

We are not these mortal bodies, we are divine.....

Namaste

Stages two or three ( in meditation ) have no clear cut dividing line, yet those who reach this level will at some great moment realize that a subtle yet tremendous change has taken place within. Henceforth they will be in the world, yet not of the world, serving the world yet definitely liberated from its thrall. In meditation they will find that objects are transcended, and even names and definitions left behind, Here is a world whose scales of values is the essential nature and not their outer semblances, where for the first time the meditator is freed from the tyranny of forms. Henceforth karma of the past MAY hold the student to sensuous and therefore valueless pursuits and interests, but his inner eyes will have seen the Vision Glorious, and the hand of time alone will hold him from his heritage.

"I am not my physical body, but the one who uses it
    I am not my emotions, but that which controls them.
    I am not my mental images, but that which creates them."

Excerpts form Concentration and Meditation, a manual of mind development.

Namaste and Dandavats

Through antariyami guidance ( no credit to this individual being ) I came across this today and thought to post in the spirit of continuation and to help like the spider flicking sand to build the bridge to Lanka, to uproot the wickness of ravana within this mortal being, in seva to reach Sri Rama, and to show the wholeness and complete synthesis between the acharyas and dharma traditions, not trying to prove anything, especially not one as being better than the other, so thought worthy of sharing, along with thoughts that have deeply inspired and given rise to partial insights on the great synthesis and great union of dharma shastra and associated cultures and also the insights that rise within via causeless kripa. I haven't listened to the whole series of talks but the beginning signs seem to be very good, and I look forward to listening to them as time permits.

And how wonderful it is that Pūjya Swāmi Parmānanda Bhārati, has gracefully shared this information to the English speaking world, which has caused great havoc and unrest with this particular teaching due to not understanding the great Acharya Gaudapada and Māndukya Upaniṣad .

I first came across Śri Gaudapādācārya teachings when researching the teachings of Sant avadhuta nagarjuna( Sant~a human being revered in Indian religions for his or her knowledge of "self, truth, reality" and as a "truth-exemplar") number of years back, at one of my refuges a place called amaravati, Nagarjuna is accredited within the mahayana tradition~ great vehicle maha~great or wide, broad - yana~vehicle, carrier, raft. Nagarjuna's teachings as I found are extremely complex, with his teachings on sunya ~emptiness is form and form is emptiness , ring any bells . Most of the translations within English are very complex, aside from his teachings letter to a friend which is very touching and guiding. Its also my life ambition at least in a slight way to show that Dharma was always unified and never at odds with each other and diversifies into the hearts and mind of all the diverse and wonderful branches that we are becoming more well known, and of course within our own being. Perhaps once this context is fully understood then the potential of all the dharma traditions can unite help the situations of the world to be a better place for future generations. There certainly is some very good infrastructure.

As I understand when the Buddhist period was nearing to end and partly because of invasion the Buddhist period was not equipped in vows to fight and protect India enough, so gradually the synthesis began, the baton of knowledge was passed on and paved the way for Adi Shankara to unite India back under Shruti Smriti and Bhagavada Gita. (and others of course)

Some deem Kali Yuga as something to do with linear time, I feel it means something different, it is only a part of our own individual cyclic existence and one can be at any moment in time in any of the four yugas and one day above or beyond at any given moment.

As its Monday I offer my prostrated obeisances to Rudra~ He who destroys He who drives away the miseries and limitations of samsara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awtk2M2u22M

"OM": This imperishable syllable is all that is. Its expansive
    expression is: What has been, What is, What shall be. All this is
    "OM." And whatever else there is, beyond the threefold division of
    Time, that, also, verily, is "OM." For all this is Brahma, the Eternal;
    and the Self, Atma, is the Eternal. And this Self stands in four
    worlds.

in seva

Pranam

Today the Sun~ surya is shining, please may he remain even in dreams and deep sleep.

Harih Om Tat Sat Jai Guru Datta.
    Last edited by markandeya 108 dasa; 13 February 2017 at 08:05 AM.

Thread Information