Thread: Why should you visit Shree Padmavathi before visiting Shree Venkatachalapathi

Why should you visit Shree Padmavathi before visiting Shree Venkatachalapathi

Namaste HDF

Why should the devotee visit Shree Padmavathi at Alamelumangapuram before visiting Shree Venkatachalapathi at Thirumala?

Also why should we visit Shree Varaha Swami temple at Thirumala after visiting visiting Shree Venkatachalapathi?
    Anirudh...

Re: Why should you visit Shree Padmavathi before visiting Shree Venkatachalapathi

Namaste,

I thought it was Padmavathi temple after Tirupathi Balaji temple. Well that is the way my family have been practicing it for a long time.

From what I know, after visiting the abode of Lord Vishnu ( Tirupathi, on top of the hill ) , one has to pay respect to Goddess Laksmi ( Alamelu temple at the bottom of the hill ) as the legend goes Lord Balaji together with his consort descended the hill ( I am not sure for what reason ). When the time came for THEM to return, Lord Balaji returned to Tirupathi first, leaving Padmavathi at the bottom of the hill.

I hope my explanation helped you ( and not confused you )

Hari Om,

Dhanya

Thread Information