Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
The jeevatma swaroopa (nature of jeevatma) is one of Satyam(truthfulness), Gnana (Knowledge), Anantha (happiness) and Brahmam (bliss). Verily, these are termed in the right sense to be the 'attributes of the jeevatman'.
Namaste Virajaji,

Thanks for a nice compilation of VishishTAdvaita philosophy in simple words.

I would say anantam = having no end(anta) = eternal (timewise), not happiness. That would be AAnanda = bliss/happiness.

1. satyam (True), 2. jnAnam (full of knowledge) 3. anantam (eternal) 4. brahman' (vast, infinite)

Jeeva shares quality of Brahman' , and the enlightened jeeva can have bramha-bhUta-gyAna -- omniscience. So in that sense we can say these are attributes of jeevAtmA, but originally they are presented as attributes of Brahman', the complete Whole, right?

If we say the jeevAtmA is all of this then jeevAtmA in its purest form cannot possibly be atomic. It would imply there are multiple omniscient and omnipresent souls in VaikunTha (Advaita that is VishsishTa? => One Whole projecting multiple enlightened "I" s ?)

That is why I am curious where you got this statement from , saying these are attributes of jeevAtmA. The original statement of these 4 words is in the Taittareya Upanishad and references Brahman' as in ParaBrahman'.

Etymology
and related terms. Sanskrit Brahman (an n-stem, nominative bráhmā) from a root bṛh- "to swell, expand, grow, enlarge" is a neuter noun
If any VishishTAdvata follower can answer that will be great.

Thank You