Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your plan to honor Devi?

Your plan to honor Devi?

Namaste,

The holy navaratras are about to commence. What's your plan to honor Devi(s)?

I will be reciting Chatusloki, Mahalakshmi Ashtottaram, Durga Ashtottaram, Sarawathi Ashtottaram each day... I will not be reciting my usual parayana stotras, in order to make time to recite ones appropriate for devi.

I was looking into reciting Durga Saptashati, however it seems daunting to me as it is huge, I'm new to pronunciation and thirdly, one needs to follow certain rules to recite it in a specific number of days. However, I would like to know if there are any Saptashati newbies like me who have plans to recite it for the first time this Navaratri...

Happy chanting & praying!

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Your plan to honor Devi?

Namaste Viraja,

I will be on "Fruit diet" for all the nine days. We do Kalash/Ghata Sthapana (as a symbol of Ma Durga) at home on first day i.e. Mahalaya and after that every day one form of Goddess is worshipped i.e. First Shailputri, then BrahmachAriNi, then ChandraghantA, then KushmAnDa, then SkandamAtA, then KAtyAyani, then KAlrAtri, then MahAgauri and finally SiddhidAtri.

On ninth day, we invite unmarried girls and offer them food, dakshinA and some gifts. The Puja ends with Homam (Sacrificing in Fire).

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste

I will be going for darshan as much as posfible to our local Devi of my area.
    Here is Her picture (below). She is Durga. She is the Goddess of our area.

Namaste!

I will be attending temple every day for morning aarti. Except Saturday as I will be too far from my temple so I will attend a different one in the morning. I've written it down, that means I'm gonna do it!

Namaste friends,

Each of your vows/plans for honoring Devi is very inspirational to me to do more. It is a great thing to attend temple on all 9 days, I too live very close to a temple, probably I might visit there everyday morning too.

Devotee ji, only fruits for 9 days! Great sankalpa!

Thanks & Regards,

Viraja

Namaste!

Add to that I will also be attending a big pooja on Saturday at the temple on the other side of the city. I can't wait! My only problem is that I do not have enough saris!

I've never celebrated Navratri. I started this year by telling my mother I respect and bow to the Devi that resides in her & I hope that she + the divine accept my humble salutations.

I am quite busy, so I am going to take advice from Yajvans comments on MahaMrityunjaya thread where he plays mantras softly in the background and play hymns dedicated to the goddessess. (Thankyou Yajvan-ji)

I hope you all have a wonderful navratri

Divine Kala ji: Your mention of Saris brings back to my memory the navaratris we used to celebrate when I was very little. I remember being dressed as 'Krishna', 'Radha', 'Andal', etc... and being taken to neighboring houses where they would give us little children lots of small gifts or even small toys! It used to be like a mini-fancy dress competition with all neighboring kids dressed up in real fancy accessories and clothes!

Enjoy the temple visits during this season and wish you great fun with the saris too!

IcyCosmic: Murugan went round just his parents and got the Mango. Matru devo bhava!

Happy Navaratri to you too!

Namaste Viraja ji

I will install a Kalash and lit a lamp in my mind. I will invite Shree Lakshmi Maatha and request her to reside permanently in my mind. I will read the complete Sundara Kaandam TODAY.

Few days ago, watched a TV serial "Neele Chatri Waale".

Story is set in the back drop of Shree Shiva in modern attire (T-Shirt, Jeans & blue umbrella) keeps visiting one middle class sales man named Bhagwaan Das from time to time to offer guidance. Shivaya is visible to Bhagwaan Das ONLY.

Bhahwaan Das in order (to fulfill his responsibility) to make the ends meet goes on postponing small activities like playing with his son, wishing his wife on wedding anniversary etc etc to the following day.

He has to pay his home loan EMI, so forced to work for long hours and sometimes also on week ends.

(Bhahwaan Das will postpone anything other than office duties to the next day.)

When Shivji (in one HIS visit) points out his mistake Bhahwaan Das postpone the meeting with HIM to next day and goes on to explain is plan for the next day.

In an ironic tone Shivji says "Bhahwaan Das is the first HUMAN to inform HIM about the activities that are to be performed in future"

In this mad run to secure the future of his family (when he is stuck in office,) on the following day, his entire family gets severely injured in road accident.

I will update this thread whether I am able to execute my today's plan...

Lets discuss about Friday on Friday.

PS : I do not want to ridicule any member's plans, shared that episode as it instructed me live the present moment. Kindly dont take offense.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 24 September 2014 at 07:58 PM.
    Anirudh...

Namaste,

I have been instructed not to share details, but this year will be a special one!

JAI MATA DI
    || जय माता की ||

Thread Information