Thread: great (profound) questions...

Threaded View

Re: great (profound) questions...

namaste,

perhaps with time I will address the questions you pose in a more exhaustible manner.
    So, within the last few posts we have ventured from a birthless and deathless universe, to notion of the a hare with horns, and now we are deposited into the conversation of awareness.
    Yet, there never has been any disposition to suggest awareness is or is not. While many use awareness, others use the term consciousness and still others say there is something quite before the two. But for now let's use the term 'pure awareness' as a broad brush stoke to include all 3 items.
    So here is my position: Everything that I see , including the process of seeing, hearing, touching, tasting, smelling, thinking, feeling, walking, and any other form of perception or motive force is none other then this pure awarenss. This is not a unique position and I give no grand insight here. Yet the notion is this: if I say that the univese is not, which is the expression of awareness, I am saying awareness is not, and as said before that is to be rejected. All and everything is an expression of this. So, my position has been consistent from post to post.

The jeweler when looking at a ring does not see the design but peers into the gold that makes the ring. Hence all rings, and jewels have a common thread of the gold. The wise do the same. They do not pay much attention to all the differences the universe has to offer, but sees the unity of the core quality of awarenss that permeates it all. They see pure awareness. They also see the universe as an extention of their own Being, pure awareness. There is no-thing that it is not.What could be more simpler ? Yet for the human condition we deal in differerntiated consciousness and the answer lies in undiffererntiated consciousness. Herein resides the pickle of one's direct experience vs. what the wise tell us.

To suggest that this pure awareness is motionless - my retort would be ' who then just said this ? '. If it is motionless yet I am able to voice it, think it, there is the vibration of sound or thought forms coming from this perfect awareness. If all is this pure awareness but yet I am able to reflect upon it, reverse the thinking process and go to subtler levels of it, can I really contend that it is motionless? Are my vibrations outside of this pure awareness ? This is not possible.

There is much more that can be said but I will not pursue it as it seems it will just stimulate another conversation and take the overall post of 'great questions' off the mark.

iti sivam
    Last edited by yajvan; 28 October 2014 at 08:11 AM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information