Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Physical changes with Religion

Physical changes with Religion

Namaste,

I have a general question. Is there such a thing such as physical changes to a person whom is involved heavily in religion. For example, their eyes may seem to be lighter in color and their skin more radiant.

Is this even possible?

Hari Om,
    Dhanya

Re: Physical changes with Religion

Vannakkam Dhanya: Personally, I think so. Some religious people seem to radiate. Some swamis and saints certainly do. But I also think it's fairly subtle, and not some hugely dramatic change.

Aum Namasivaya

It is absolutely true, even a little Hinduism soon causes physical "halos" and "angelic like" eminence. Personally, when I really am active in Bhakti Yoga (mixed with Karma Yoga) I actually get comments which might be embarrassing at times about "inner beauty", charisma, "angel like" yadda yadda. But when I get too much back into the "nose to the grinder work-job" focus then the "halo" goes dimmer.

I think there is a definite connection between devotional rasas and physical eminence and "projection".

I have seen it in a friend of my daughter (I think I have mentioned her in the past) who always now is promoting veganism and is essentially a "neo-Hindu" (she found some of my Hindu books once in my daughter's room which I didn't put away) and she physically changed and has become "angelic like" glowing and projects beauty.

It is true, especially fast tracked via bhakti.

Om Namah Sivaya

Good Morning,

Thank you for your replies . It was something that i was pondering about for sometime.

Hari Om,

Dhanya

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhanya View Post
    Namaste,

I have a general question. Is there such a thing such as physical changes to a person whom is involved heavily in religion. For example, their eyes may seem to be lighter in color and their skin more radiant.

Is this even possible?

Hari Om,
    Dhanya
    It is said in the Svetasvatara Upanishad, ch. 2:
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sbe15/sbe15101.htm

13. The first results of Yoga they call lightness, healthiness, steadiness, a good complexion, an easy pronunciation, a sweet odour, and slight excretions.

14. As a metal disk (mirror), tarnished by dust, shines bright again after it has been cleaned, so is the one incarnate person satisfied and free from grief, after he has seen the real nature of the Self.

regards

Namaste,

A personal perspective:

When a person is calm inside and stays in a meditative mood most of the time, his face and indeed his whole body would project that. The lack of tension and relaxed muscles would give a dimension of beauty to the face and retard the aging process. We humans don't like to see angry faces of people who are all wound up and are always ready for an argument/fight. That feels very threatening to us. So the opposite of that; a non-threatening, relaxed face is very inviting and friendly to us. That may appear to be glowing without actually being on fire.

I have, at times been influenced in subtle ways by associating with people who were somewhat elevated in their spiritual practices, spiritual thinking and spiritual personality. I never got blinded by any glow coming out of them but felt peaceful and more in charge of myself because of getting peaceful vibes from them. It also attracted me to spend more time with them, to be at the mandir more often to be in their physical sphere of influence.

So, if the aim is to become a 'gora babu' in appearance by merely being 'heavily involved' in religion, I would say, give it a pass. It is just a myth. If the aim is to advance spiritually then 'truly living' the religion and not just being merely 'heavily involved' in religion can be helpful. Whatever physical attribute changes that people notice would be because of inner calmness, not because of any physical glow, or your skin getting bleached or your eyes becoming a shade lighter. BTW, what is wrong with beautiful Indian brown eyes?

Pranam.

Dear friends ,

Physical changes do take place not with religion , but with sadhana . Face becomes brighter , eyes exude happiness , peace &compassion , body becomes lighter,even voice changes .

Dear Dhanya,
    Namasthe!

It is very difficult to recognize from the facial expression or from the style in which they present themselves. Ashtavakra is said to be a saint with 8 bends. He was ugly. Once when he went to Janaka's court, all the scholars there laughed at the way he looked. He laughed back and left the place.

Janaka followed him and asked "Why did you laugh back at us ?"
    and Ashtavakra said "People who are so deeply into "Charma Drishti" (their vision is totally on this skin), what philosophy can they discuss " ?

And he says "Space is not affected by the shape of a temple, even so, Awareness is untouched by the shape of the body".

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Dear friends ,
    Any discussion or exchange of opinions here in the internet forums , according to me , pertains , to ordinary mortals like us and not of those highly evolved souls or siddhas , though we can draw parallels .I have seen some sincere sadhaks haing the aura different from the ordinary mortals .

They do say that there is a certain aura about the spiritually evolved soul that calms and quietens everybody around... including taming of wild animals. This has been revealed in Bio-magnetic radiation studies. (For example http://sailinks-sathyasaibaba.blogsp...-saibaba.html).

Even in ordinary people, there is something called 'Tejas' that they acquire with daily sadhana and taking to ahimsa. Daily recitation of powerful mantras such as Gayathri are supposed to bring one tejas in his bearing, profound intuition and a certainty with which their utterings would happen -- termed as 'Vak Siddhi'.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Thread Information