Namaste friends,

I had an experience today that was like no other. I was performing some personal kirtan with my mridanga and I was overwhelmed with ecstasy. It was unlike any other type of ecstatic feeling I have felt before; it was totally transcendental. After that I performed several rounds of japa which completely brought me out-of-body and into a state of bliss I had never reached before.

The first moments of ecstasy began while doing a simple bhajan on my mridanga drum. Normally I will play for half an hour and then go into japa, but this time I played for much longer! I do not know the exact time (a couple hours at least), but all I know was that I couldn't stop playing! I didn't want to ever stop playing! The connection I had made with God during the kirtan was life-changing. Words cannot explain the love and the sense of unity I felt with my ishta devata. I could have played forever if my body would allow me! I remember thinking in that moment...

"All desires have ceased except for this one: to sit here and play this drum for God. This is all I could ever want."

Eventually I put down the drum and I moved onto my meditation. I felt very light and extremely ecstatic in that moment. I grabbed my japa beads and began to chant and within minutes I felt like I had lost all connection to my body. I can't quite explain the feeling; it was like I was a star shooting through space. I just remember feeling an intense amount of bliss. Once again, I wished that the moment would never end. After several rounds everything was back to normal again, except for me. I had been changed by the experience in a way that I could have never imagined. I just wish I could give this experience to everyone.

I have heard many lectures on bhakti and how wonderful it is, and I've practiced my spirituality in this way for quite some time, but even after years of practice I still didn't know exactly what it was all about. I've certainly had moments of clarity, but I never fully experienced the reality of its greatness until today. Truly this is the highest yoga. I solemnly pray that everyone can experience the transcendental ecstasy of bhakti like I did today. I know that if we could all somehow get there then the world would be a much better place.

I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Peace & Love & Light to All,
LightofOm