Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Transcendental Ecstasy of Bhakti

Re: The Transcendental Ecstasy of Bhakti

This was a good post , I really liked reading it.

I've been living more and more single-pointedly with my focus on God over the last 2 years or so, and I have experienced similar things to what you are describing.

I grew up in a mostly Christian household and, After truly living with bhakti, I began to experience more and more the 'kingdom of God' that Jesus spoke of making me realize the universalness of God.

Glad to see other "average joes" have experienced similar things.

God bless.

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by LightofOm View Post

I have heard many lectures on bhakti ...... but I never fully experienced the reality of its greatness until today.
    Thank you for translating that transcendental rapture into words. It is a testimonial and an inspiration to those who have not ascended to that stage yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brahma jijnasa View Post

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]BG 18.74: Sañjaya said: Thus have I heard the conversation of two great souls, Kṛṣṇa and Arjuna. And so wonderful is that message that my hair is standing on end.

BG 18.75: By the mercy of Vyāsa, I have heard these most confidential talks directly from the master of all mysticism, Kṛṣṇa, who was speaking personally to Arjuna.

BG 18.76: O King, as I repeatedly recall this wondrous and holy dialogue between Kṛṣṇa and Arjuna, I take pleasure, being thrilled at every moment.

BG 18.77: O King, as I remember the wonderful form of Lord Kṛṣṇa, I am struck with wonder more and more, and I rejoice again and again.

BG 18.78: Wherever there is Kṛṣṇa, the master of all mystics, and wherever there is Arjuna, the supreme archer, there will also certainly be opulence, victory, extraordinary power, and morality. That is my opinion.
    Thank you for cataloging the scriptural references. Coupled with the text of the experiences of a devotee like LightofOm, it sheds new light on Sanjaya's words. That blissful state, whether experienced once or repeatedly or perpetually is the ultimate fruit of all sadhana.

Pranam.

Pranams

Experience is everything in our progress, but how it comes about I think is a mystery, although sadhana lays the foundation.

I listened to one conversation with Swami Laxman Joo recently where he was telling that he had an amazing experience and described what he could of it. The person asked how long it lasted, he said about 4 Seconds, but within that moment it would have seemed longer because they are packed to the brim of vijnana realized/experienced knowledge. He then said the experience was so powerful it cannot last longer because it would destroy the body, such was the force of his experience. He then added that after that experience life will never be the same again. So these experiences that we have are very important and worthy to take notice of, weather we keep them in and private or share them is down to the person, most of us transform on a deeper level when we have these types of experience, the process is not an intellectual one, but is supported by realized intellectual knowledge, this would be shastra which is a form of as far as I know of Paramatma. I think if we share with humility and wonder then it is a great thing to read, if it becomes a competition to see who is having the best experience in the practice then its just egotistical and has no value.

Ys

Md

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Thank you for cataloging the scriptural references. Coupled with the text of the experiences of a devotee like LightofOm, it sheds new light on Sanjaya's words. That blissful state, whether experienced once or repeatedly or perpetually is the ultimate fruit of all sadhana.

Pranam.
    Namaste

Sure it is, bhakti is the mother of all dharma.

regards

Thread Information