Namaste,

I think daily sadhana is a must for anybody who is looking to make progress spiritually. I like what Eastern Mind said about brushing our teeth and bathing; I thought that was a good analogy for this particular subject. We practice daily sadhana to replenish our spiritual health and remain pure, just like we practice maintaining daily hygiene to keep us clean. However, it goes even further than this. Yoga is not something that is simply practiced for thirty minutes each morning; yoga is a lifestyle. We should take our practice into every area of our life. Whether it be work, school, social activities, daily chores, family relations, etc., our practice should always be with us. In this way, all our activities become a form of meditation and therefore all our activities become purified. In this way, we transcend the mundane life and enter into a life full of meaning and purpose.

The Bhagavata Purana candidly states:
"Anyone whose work is not meant to elevate him to religious life, anyone whose religious ritualistic performances do not raise him to renunciation, and anyone situated in renunciation that does not lead him to devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, must be considered dead, although he is breathing."

-SB 3.23.56

May all our activities become a form of service unto the Supreme.

Hari Om Tat Sat

Love and Light,
LightofOm