Thread: Interested in learning Vedic Astrology

Interested in learning Vedic Astrology

Namaste

I am attracted to this branch of science. Attraction is due to two factors.

1) Who am I
    2) Why am I

I believe in self study and have the ability grasp any subject easily. Is there any simple beginner eBooks available in the public domain.
    Anirudh...

Re: Interested in learning Vedic Astrology

Namaste Anirudh ji,

I haven't laid my fingers on any one book on Vedic Astrology. Nevertheless, I know a few names who are well renowned in this field, whose works are highly acclaimed. You might want to explore books by Vedic Astrologer Shri Sanjay Rath. His books are recommended most frequently in lists like this, whenever a newcomer expresses his interest in learning Jyotish sastra as you have done.

Shri Sanjay Rath also offers fantastic courses (degree programs) in Vedic Astrology and many of his works revolve around spiritual themes as in your quest to know yourself. I think he offers 2-yr and 4-yr degree programs in Vedic astrology (Jyotish).

Also, there are many online Jyotish courses that address a student from beginner to advanced levels. American Council of Vedic Astrology (ACVA) also offers some online certification programs.

In my understanding, you can learn Jyotish a little on own pursuit, but best to learn this sastra from a teacher, and best yet, from a guru in a parampara (lineage).

Also, you might want to explore works by late Shri B.V.Raman and want to study his works for self-study.

Thanks and regards,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Viraja ji

Thank you very much for the pointers. I downloaded couple of beginner level eBooks. They have invoked the desire.

It would be good to learn from the Guru but they are like good women. Hard to find them in Kaliyuga. Just joking.

I will explore the academic part also.

I was bit occupied, so couldn't reply to your Dushshasana question.

Draupadi was mensurating and hadn't had a wash. She was staying in her private chamber. Those days women are given high respect and freedom. Draupathi's Vasthra Haran is the deciding moment of Mahaa Bharat war.
    I will write a PM. Bye
    Anirudh...

Pranams Anirudh,

In Zen there would be one answer to both your questions.

1) Who am I= Don't know
    2) Why am I= Dont know

We are born with a scientific mind, one that questions, we label things according to langue and culture, we super impose our human condition on to nature. Zen would be to just listen.

Ys

Md

Thread Information