Thread: Brahmam and various GODS

Brahmam and various GODS

Dear members

Can anyone let me know how Brahmam appears as different GODS with lot of forms?

Is it because of maya merging with different proportions with different gunas for each GOD?

Thanks

Re: Brahmam and various GODS

Namaste devotee123,

Quote Originally Posted by devotee123 View Post
    Can anyone let me know how Brahmam appears as different GODS with lot of forms?
    Is it because of maya merging with different proportions with different gunas for each GOD?
    The God is Brahman. The mind which sees God is Brahman. The various forms are also the same Brahman. This all depends upon mind which wants to see God in the form it desires. Mudgala Upanishad clarifies this : "He became as He was worshipped".

You must be confused even more now. This is because your idea of Brahman is not clear. You are assuming Brahman as one entity and MAyA as different entity and also the "seer" i.e. who sees Brahman as different God as different. The Reality is that there is no difference among any of three entities (if we can call these as entities).

It is like this :

The substratum of all dream-characters and whatever happens in dream is the dreamer. There is no consciousness in the whole phenomenon of dreaming except that of the dreamer. Yet, all the characters in dream and also the acting dreamer in the dream appear as different beings ... quite different from the Dreamer. The properties of Consciousness cannot be understood so easily but if you can anaylse the dream-phenomenon, then you can get a good idea of how it all works. The Consciousness has a unique property that its thought can act as an individual being different from the dreamer from whom it arises. There is no time, no space and there is no duality and still the thought-world creates all the multitude observed due to extraodrinary property of power of (Brahman's) veiling the reality and power of projection which we call as MAyA. MAyA is never separate from Brahman. It has no independent existence.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Re: Brahmam and various GODS

I am talking to myself, so there is no question of Namaste

Now that I have conjoured up this eternal dream, I want to seek out the most beautiful dream character in it! In this instance, plane and dimension of this on-going dream, I think the most beautiful of the lot is Me as Sundara GhanashyAm. PItakausheya vAsasam. pArijAtapahArakAya tribhangalalitAmrutam.

And then I want to either find the best devotee of that beautiful form (Shri RAdhA) or be a "me" devotee.

bhaja hare KRshNA japa hare kRshNa,
    le Shri Hari kA nAma re
    jo koi le shri PrabhU kA nAma
    dhanya ho jae prANa re

In this way there are soooo many "me" dreamers generated by Me the Consciousness, and they all want to sing this song. All the like-minded "me" s in the dream get together for sankirtan.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thread Information