Thread: Astra of Raamayanam and Mahaa Bhaarat

Astra of Raamayanam and Mahaa Bhaarat

Namaste,

I am not sure if anyone thought in this line.

Great warriors / Kings like Karna, Arjun, Shree Lakshman, Shree Raama, Dasaratha etc etc had spent considerable time to acquire special weapons like Bhrammastra, Anjaliastra etc etc. What happened to those weapons. What happened to them? Is it possible to retrieve them?

In February, Batra led a successful effort to pressure Penguin India to withdraw copies of a book by Wendy
    Doniger, a religion professor at the University of Chicago, which he felt insulted Hinduism. Then, in June, the Gujarat government directed that
    several of Batra's own books be
    added to the state's curriculum.
    Batra's teachings range from the trivial to assertions that simply cannot be taken seriously. His books advise students not to celebrate
    birthdays with cakes and candles, a practice Batra considers non-Indian.

More troublingly, they instruct
    students to draw maps of "Akhand Bharat," a greater India, presumably restored to its rightful boundaries, that include Bangladesh, Sri Lanka,
    Tibet, Nepal, Pakistan and
    Afghanistan.

Batra also believes that
    aircraft, automobiles and nuclear weapons existed in ancient India, and he wants children to learn these so-called facts.

m.timesofindia.com/india/Modis-educational-reform-may-promote-ideology-of-Hindu-right-NYT articleshow/44742331.cms
    Last edited by Anirudh; 09 October 2014 at 11:39 AM.
    Anirudh...

Re: Astra of Raamayanam and Mahaa Bhaarat

Pranam

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste,

I am not sure if anyone thought in this line.

Great warriors / Kings like Karna, Arjun, Shree Lakshman, Shree Raama, Dasaratha etc etc had spent considerable time to acquire special weapons like Bhrammastra, Anjaliastra etc etc. What happened to those weapons. What happened to them? Is it possible to retrieve them?
    My understanding of this great Astra Vidhya (knowledge ), although used bow and arrow (sastra) were actually released by invoking the said weapon from specific Devas and released by the means of mantra sidhi.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

The weapons used by great warriors in ancient time were obtain through hard working, tapasya and yagya of various gods. They were called divya astra which can not be obtain by common person. It is uncertain that if those weapons are still obtainable in this time period or not. But if you want to try its not saying how many years you will have to spent in sadhna before getting any one of them.

Namaste,

As Ganeshprasad has alluded, the weapons were the property of and remained with the devas. They were released for specific purposes with proper invocation. So, even though they were part of the arsenal of the spiritual warriors, they were like loaners to be used sparingly in extreme situations and were released by the devas themselves on behalf of the devotee that had been booned with their use. And please don't ask me for scriptural backing of this claim, as none may exist, and my thought pattern might have come from childhood stories and reinforced by human logic.

Mr. Batra is going overboard with his claims, but I applaud his efforts in taking on Wendy and the publishing house Penguin Books. We probably need people like him to counter the other extreme represented by the likes of Wendy and some of the home grown people like Romila Thaapar, who like to trash Bharat at every opportunity.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 10 October 2014 at 07:20 PM.

Namaste

Thanks for sharing your views...

I did a little bit google research. It seems Shree Parasu Raam has got the knowledge of these weaponry.
    I also found that, Shree Parasu Raam didn't return to Vaikuntam as he wished to stay back in prithvi Loka.
    If anyone has more information about the life history of Shree Parasu Raam or scriptures that talk about Shree Parasu Raam kindly share them as I am interested to learn about the life history of Shree Parasu Raam.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information