Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Semen retraction

Semen retraction

Namaste,

It seems like a common trend for those expounding a fleshed out version of ''Brahmacharya'' or alternative to it : to speak of literally sucking the semen back in while having sexual intercourse. What is the root of this? & what is your opinion of it?

I have seen many people speak of this in recent times, I even read some sources in taoist books. I have no idea whether this is legitimate, real, or even helpful.

Apparently the semen goes back into the spine and helps maintain kundalini energy. I also remember someone like Deepek Chopra saying this practice is no longer required but I can't remember the explanation.

Clarification would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Re: Semen retraction

Hari Om!

Yes, what you speak of is Ojas and is perfectly beneficial for almost all in my humble opinion.

Asasram Bapuji speaks to this in His book "The Secret of Eternal Youth" and I would be delighted to send anyone a copy of the glorious book in English at no cost if interested. Please email or Private Message if interested.

Additionally, Swami Sivananda's book "Brahmacharya" is helpful.

Please avail yourself of these resources, especially the first because it is inspiring and a relatively short read.

Om

One simple comment: Pure nonsense.

Please read Bhagavad Gita under a guru who comes from a sampradaya [tradition] of shankaracharya .
    Don't fall for such weird ideas and notions without proper understanding.

Love!
    Silence
    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    Please read Bhagavad Gita under a guru who comes from a sampradaya [tradition] of shankaracharya .
    Don't fall for such weird ideas and notions without proper understanding.
    Exactly ! The term in SAdhanA is "Urdhva-retA" (literally meaning : semen going upwards) which doesn't mean what IC has understood. It is arising of natural Brahmacharya through YogAbhyAsa which takes the power of sleeping Kundalini in MoolAdhAr Chakra (which tempts us towards sexual activities) upwards to higher chakras.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Dear Devotee ji,
    Namasthe!

"Urdhva-retA" ? where is it mentioned in Bhagavad Gita ? Can you please give me the quote ?

There is no raising up or going down. Scriptures state that you are "Purnah", "Complete" --- now itself ! Where will u go up ? how will u go down !!

Proper understanding is needed - and one revels free!

Love!
    Silence

Namaste SS,

Quote Originally Posted by silence_speaks View Post
    "Urdhva-retA" ? where is it mentioned in Bhagavad Gita ? Can you please give me the quote ?

There is no raising up or going down. Scriptures state that you are "Purnah", "Complete" --- now itself ! Where will u go up ? how will u go down !!
    It is not there in Bhagwad Gita. I found it in one of the Upanishads (if I remember correctly) but I can't readily remember it. I will give you the reference once I locate it.

OM

This link gives some information on this :

http://kundaliniexperiences.blogspot...rdhvareta.html

Seems to be related to some sort of tantric sadhanas.
    nothing to do with vedanta !

These kind of nonsense notions hold people back and also create some weird notions! One should have clarity as to what one is after...

if i want moksha, liberation ... i need to study moksha shastras, Bhagavad Gita. And that has to be learnt with shankara bhasyam..

Kundalini ideas mostly lead one astray in my view!

Love!
    Silence

Vannakkam:

So if it's not Vedanta, it's nonsense? Only the Sankaracharyas are the true leaders of Hinduism?

That seems oddly narrow. I thought Hinduism was a wide religion accommodating many different viewpoints. Sadly, perhaps I was mistaken.

If you are a Vedantin, seek answers from a Vedanta teacher, yes, If you're a Vaishnava, seek your answers from a Vaishnava teacher, etc. That seems a more logical approach ... (to me).

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    So if it's not Vedanta, it's nonsense? Only the Sankaracharyas are the true leaders of Hinduism?
    EM, save yourself from getting hurt. What is meant is that knowledge should come from proper shashtras of one's parampara/denomination and should have been interpreted by a proper authority (guru). It should not be from some self-styled authority writing blogs. There is so much garbage on the internet which is taken as the gospel truth. I did not read anything disparaging in the writer's comments. (Give the guy a break, he's only 36, on the way to something big.) That is what I wrote in my other post to Aanandinii, sometimes one needs interpretation of what we Indians are saying. What was said may not be what you think was said. So, give your mind some rest. You need it!,

This sucking back of semen and many things associated with kundalini movements, and other far out concepts, are creative interpretations of Hinduism by people who watch too many star wars movies or smoke some undesirable things.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 24 October 2014 at 06:38 PM.

Thread Information