Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Lord Shiva answer?

Re: Does Lord Shiva answer?

Pranams,

My own sense on the issues of prayer is complex, I agree with Silence Speaks that to cry is very much part of the the journey, maybe that exists also in the absolute sense , but the tears will be different

isavasya prabhu, such a wonderful input.

Once one hears the name of the Lord then a deeper subconcious prayer is opened, if we are aware of it or not, there is no turning back now

Ys

Md

Quote Originally Posted by isavasya View Post
    What is the nature of intervention? Direct or indirect?
    I don't know if direct intervention is possible or not.
    Namaste

Direct intervention is possible. This firm faith, that it is possible is more important. It is very simple. If you do not trust me or believe in me, why would I interfere to "help" you or even say hello, if you do not even acknowledge my existence beside you (not to mention everywhere in the universes). If I am standing by your side, to your left, right front back, all 8 directions, but you do not see me or think I am not there, then I would just leave you alone. Even if I said hello you ignore me, so I leave it at that.

[PLEASE NOTE: Here "you" is not literally addressing anyone in particular, it is used just to illustrate.]

Two will tell you with faith that direct intervention is possible
    a. those who have experienced it themselves
    b. those who have firm faith (nishTha-shaddhA), in the shAstra (scriptures) and bhAgvat narrations (experiences of saints retold, like divya prabandhams and charitrAmRts) that give numerous examples of direct intervention by Shri Hari or Hara (Shiva) or Devi BhagavatI.

However, if one says, the scriptures tell me Shri Hari ran to Gajendra in an instant but I frankly do not know if this really happened, then that is an agnostic take, which will have to mature into nisThA (conviction) and shraddhA (faith), but better still, elevated to prema that sees and acknowledges Him no matter what the place,time,situation.
    Last edited by smaranam; 31 October 2014 at 01:04 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste Mystical soul,

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Soul View Post
    Hello everyone
    I was reared in a religion where we were directed to place our prayers of petition before God no matter how small or seemingly insignificant.

Does one also place petitions before Shiva and Ganesha? I hear people mention "boons" which I figure are blessings from God, but do we ask, or just praise and in the praise, God will know our wants and hence answer if we are worthy?
    Yes...
    In case this question seems trite, in some traditions I hear people frequently mention how God made "this or that" happen (as in divine intervention for healing, employment etc), but I seldom if ever hear it when talking God in Hindu dharma.
    Peace
    My friends who are staunch devotees of Shiva say Shree Shivji is too quick to grant boons. It seems he can be easily pleased.
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste Mystical soul,

Yes...

My friends who are staunch devotees of Shiva say Shree Shivji is too quick to grant boons. It seems he can be easily pleased.
    I have been told to "put him to the test" but to me that seems like making Shiva trite. So one thing about life is that if I just keep living some strife will come and then I will call upon him. The faith is there, when I just look at Shiva I see and feel the epitomy of power, strength and protection.

Thank you,
    AUM

Dear Mystical Soul,
    May I suggest you to take a look at the following thread :

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=9732

Love!
    Silence

Re: Does Lord Shiva answer? Yes, yes yes <3

Beloved Mahadeva answers every single time.

But, because of our limited functionality, we may not always be able to perceive it.

Also, sometime the answer takes a life time to unfold!

You see...above here...beyond entropy and time, is a space which time itself unfolds upon the layers below. What seems like such a very long time to us, is only a tiny instant to Mahadeva.

Our time line here on earth is so infinitesimally small...sometimes He takes a beautiful Hand, and pulls our small line out to adjust something or another...to right something which has turned incorrectly.

You may feel that shift happen, if you are sensitive enough....you may feel like you were on a roller coaster...unable to get off at the moment.

So what seems like a long time to us, in reality...the dream is so very short.

There is a story about a Queen, falling asleep...and having several lives while she had nodded off...and when she woke up...she felt all the love, loss...happiness and so on...that each life had brought her...as if each one was happening in a normal way.

Just as when we dream we may seem to have lived an entire life in just those few short hours.

What we ask now, may have a far off answer...

As a fruit ripens on the vine...so do we ripen and become suitable for the answer.

I remember laying upon my bed as a child in the twilight hours before night. I would cry so hard my pillow would soak through. I was just a little girl...the first time I asked Him to give me His name.

And every night, all day long...I spoke to Him, He is my dearest friend...with me my whole life through.

One lone day, after decades of seeking...I received the answer.

Mahadeva is our Beloved Father, He is in always and forever in a state of Bliss.

His Love for us, infinite.

As our Love for Him.

Endless as the Stars in His Crown.

As a Father is almost always seeking to be pleased with his child...this is He.

Go to Him, greet the Beloved Sun and say...Good morning Mr. Beautiful!
    Lay a flower at His Beloved Feet.

Sing Him a song, write a poem...

Love is Love and can never be any less. <3

So ask away, but I will caution you...

Sometimes, what we ask for...in our deep sorrow and ignorance can come back to harm us.

So I always pray to our Beloved Father....

"Oh Mahadeva! I am so ignorant...and can not know what is best for me...so I ask of You to make all my wishes for me....because one wish from You is as a billion wishes made by a fool such as me."

Hari Om <3
    Last edited by NayaSurya; 08 November 2014 at 07:46 PM.

Namaste Mystical Soul,

Exactly as Silence-ji and NayaSurya say, and as I said to a friend recently, pour out your heart and love at His feet. He will always reply, though the answer may not always be the one you want. Like a parent telling the child it's not time yet, or you're not ready yet. Be prepared for those responses too, and don't mistake them to be no response as some do. If you listen carefully and speak with him as a friend often, you will hear those responses just as clearly as the positive ones.

I do think direct intervention is possible, anything less is to put limits the limitless and bind the unbound. I have experienced such direct responses, He is there and He knows and He replies. I understand your feeling about making Him seem trite, but whenever I start thinking along those lines I feel Him laugh. It's just Human thinking.

Yes, He is easily pleased but then He sees the perfection of all from outside of Time and Space, so How can He be anything but pleased with that? If you perform something perfectly for a Boon and then ask, you will get it even if it's not the right time, so as people say do take caution in what you ask for. Some say He is perhaps too quick to grant boons, but then He can see the fruits of one's wishes, He can see all outcomes while we cannot. I agree that it's best to ask him to do what is best in relation to your own wishes, it's also what I practice.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste,

I say this with sincerity -- when I have my darkest days it is only Lord Shiva that is of any real aid. Emphasis lays on the ''only''.

The amount of stories my dad has told me revolving Shiva in his life is also phenomenal. He has not practiced tapasya of any sort since childhood, but has been a extreme devotee of Shiva since childhood.

I think a more apt question is, does the divine answer?
    Yes.

I said, acctually yes ! He will !
    Here i not promoting some specific method of whatever sect.
    Because the key is our heart, the problem is in ourself and the reason is simple but also difficult for some people :

Dont think what you have get, but try to find what we lack and not yet do it to PROVE our bhakti to Him.

Difficult for some people, because some people have the strong greed about WHAT THE BENEFIT FOR ME, HE MUST GIVE ME

My self,
    i always think to find what is lack in myself,
    Then
    Yes ! He answer me in many amazing ways.
    In Darshan ( visible, in form or sound )
    In Understanding
    In many many ways.

Because i believe, all of this is about : I must improve my self.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Sorry, I did not look at any of the other replies, sorry for that, the answer to the question is... Yes. But, conditions apply.

Condition number 1(The most important): You must be completely sincere and honest in your prayer.
    Condition number 2: You must've been extremely pious and righteous.
    Condition number 3: You must be open minded to receive and must be able to recognize the answer.

Satisfying condition 1 is more than enough
    I don't know who I am, nor what I am.
    I don't know what I need to know.
    I don't know who you are, nor what you are.
    All I know is that you love me, Oh Sarvathma.
    Lead me on the righteous path, so that I may reach you.

Thread Information