Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing Hope

Losing Hope

Namaste,

Hi, recently ( well for the past 1 year plus ) i have been losing hope in Vaisnaism. I have always ( and will be a great devotee ) . However, I don't think My Lord listens to me and in stead gives me so much of problems that I honestly can not handle.

At the back of my mind, i know My Lord is there but something is blocking me from listening to Him.

Do not get me wrong, but I will always be a great devotee of Lord Balaji, however, i find myself being drawn towards Sikhism.

I listen to the Vedas in the morning, then I listen to some prayer at the Golden Temple.

Can someone please help me? I do not want to displease Any Lord. I really need peace and a reason to smile in my life.

Dhanya

Re: Losing Hope

Hari Om!

Your prayers to Balaji are always answered no matter how trivial. As with Guru, one can be put to tests of faith. Please do not abort your efforts to please Him. You will be rewarded handsomely.

How odd that I just completed listening to a discourse on YouTube by a Chinmaya Swami on among other things - Peace. She shares that it is ours and we have nothing to do to achieve it. The chatter of our mind takes us away from the peace that is already ours. Take a moment to quiet the mind in meditation, prayer or however you are able and feel the loving presence that you are. It is there for the taking. I find this true in my own life and the confirmation of the satsang via video provided some tears of acknowledgement.

By the way, have you availed yourself of satsang? Highly effective and might set you in a better frame of mind. Perhaps an "aha" moment smile to your lips?

I admire your listening to the Vedas daily and would like to incorporate this in to my own practice. Thank you for sharing this valuable lesson.

Best to you on your chosen path.

Om

Namaste.,

As soon as you know its Balaji who is testing you, know that He is the solution as well. When you have that awareness, how can you find the dollars you lost in New York in London?

So, go to bottom of the problems and take His help....He surely has the best solution because whoever He tests, He rewards and He does that to only those who has the conviction of His lordship with sincerity and perseverance.

So, with out distraction, be focused and leave the troubles to Him and He will surely take care.

Hare Krshna!
    Last edited by grames; 05 November 2014 at 09:12 PM.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Whatever religion you chose is your choice; whatever path is your choice; Whatever mode of worship is your choice; whatever method of tapas is your choice. Yet know this: There is only one Supreme ( tad ekam)

We confirm this from the ṛg veda I.164.46, and ṛṣi dīrghatamas.

He informs us:
    indraṃ mitraṃ varuṇamaghnimāhuratho divyaḥ sa suparṇo gharutmān |
    ekaṃ sad viprā bahudhā vadantyaghniṃ yamaṃ mātariśvānamāhuḥ ||

The key words here are ekaṃ sad viprā bahudhā
    • ekaṃ = eka = one, single
    • sad = sat सत् = that which really is , entity or existence , essence , the true being or really existent; in vedānta this is the self-existent or Supreme, Brahman
    • viprā = vipra विप्र - a ṛṣi, sage, a brahmin ( the knowers of Truth)
    • bahudhā बहुधा - variously; in many ways or parts or forms or directions , manifoldly
    Hence this says, Truth (sad - existence , essence, Brahman) is One ( ekaṃ ), the sages (vipra - ṛṣi-s) call it variously (bahudhā).

So, what am I saying ? Chose as you see fit, that maximizes your efforts that unfold your self to your SELF; yet the Supreme remains unwavering and the same in every case.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Talking Re: Losing Hope

Dear Dhanya,

I'll tell you a secret.
    If curiosity is not what guides you in life, if it is "wealth", "peace", "safety", "success", "acceptance" - then all this dharam karam & jazz is not for you.

You are then indeed wasting your time. Infact Shri Vishnu may be proactively doing you harm.

So much for this "double edged" legacy called Hinduism!

P.S.
    An erroneous explanation about Sat says: "truth is One." But as we know, truth = satya, not Sat. Satya comes from Sat, it is not the other way around.

What is Sat?
    Sat is : going out of your cocoon, venturing outside, letting fresh air come in, communicating with the "other". And, all this requires the same thing: curiosity.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    We confirm this from the ṛg veda I.164.46, and ṛṣi dīrghatamas.
    Namaste,

No, we do not confirm this from the Rigveda. The rica in question is found in a sukta dedicated to the All-Gods. Check the anukramani-s if you have to. But for the love of the gods, the misappropriation of that rica has to stop.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Sudas Paijavana View Post
    Namaste,

No, we do not confirm this from the Rigveda. The rica in question is found in a sukta dedicated to the All-Gods. Check the anukramani-s if you have to. But for the love of the gods, the misappropriation of that rica has to stop.
    I stand by what I wrote...there is no doubt this overall śloka is advising and is about the viśvedevas as the One goes by various names i.e. indraṃ mitraṃ varuṇamaghnimāhuratho divyaḥ ; yet as the śloka says, the vipra call the One by many names, yet there is only One.

Now , if you are contentious about this, that is fine. If you believe my views are incongruent to yours or to the knowledge you possess that too is fine with me. If you are looking for some type of dispute, then you are mistaking me for another yajvan that I do not know.
    He informs us:
    indraṃ mitraṃ varuṇamaghnimāhuratho divyaḥ sa suparṇo gharutmān |
    ekaṃ sad viprā bahudhā vadantyaghniṃ yamaṃ mātariśvānamāhuḥ ||

The key words here are ekaṃ sad viprā bahudhā
    • ekaṃ = eka = one, single
    • sad = sat सत् = that which really is , entity or existence , essence , the true being or really existent; in vedānta this is the self-existent or Supreme, Brahman
    • viprā = vipra विप्र - a ṛṣi, sage, a brahmin ( the knowers of Truth)
    • bahudhā बहुधा - variously; in many ways or parts or forms or directions , manifoldly
    Hence this says, Truth (sad - existence , essence, Brahman) is One ( ekaṃ ), the sages (vipra - ṛṣi-s) call it variously (bahudhā).

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    What is Sat?
    Sat is : going out of your cocoon, venturing outside, letting fresh air come in, communicating with the "other". And, all this requires the same thing: curiosity.
    This is quite interesting... can you connect the dots for me? I do not see how an action ( venturing out) and truth ( sad = sat; some prefer sattā ) are aligned. I would like to hear your views on the matter.
    Perhaps you are suggesting venturing out or being curious to find this sat ? ( these are just my observations - not putting any words in for you).

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~
    namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
    karam & jazz is not for you.

You are then indeed wasting your time. Infact Shri Vishnu may be proactively doing you harm.
    I caution the reader that these words must only be seen as the author's opinion or point of view. Where can the most high, the most divine, the most caring ( as viṣṇu is the one that supports this whole creation) find fault or bring grief to one of his own ? Where can this magnanimous Being , this perfectly stainless Being wish to bring harm , as all things from top to bottom are none other then his own SELF.

iti śivaṁ
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    I stand by what I wrote...there is no doubt this overall śloka is advising and is about the viśvedevas as the One goes by various names i.e. indraṃ mitraṃ varuṇamaghnimāhuratho divyaḥ ; yet as the śloka says, the vipra call the One by many names, [/SIZE]yet there is only One.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]Now , if you are contentious about this, that is fine. If you believe my views are incongruent to yours or to the knowledge you possess that too is fine with me. If you are looking for some type of dispute, then you are mistaking me for another yajvan that I do not know.
    Namaste,

And I stand by what I wrote, and I stand by the anukramani-s as well. Since they, obviously, are authoritative on the matter to whom the rica-s of that sukta are dedicated. And yes, I was contending. But no, I was not looking for a dispute.
    Last edited by Sudas Paijavana; 06 November 2014 at 09:13 PM.

Thread Information