Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bhairava

Re: Bhairava

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    Namaskar,

Yes, I agree. But I also pray that fewer should be drowned in the power of vimarsha, of which a more than fair chance may exist. ----

Forget it.

These are just thoughts which have no meaning. Thoughts alone is karma --- I pray that you may truly avoid that.

Personally, I consider it an easier task to worship Her as mother, knowing fully well that worshipping as a partner or as a daughter may be equally good.

Why will not mother grace?

Om Namah Shivaya

Namaste,

However you choose to worship, it is a reflection of HEr infinite expression, IMO.

Whatever allows blessed union is Holy!

"Beloved"

(YMMV)

ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna View Post
    Maybe it is true only in the context of Tantric path, since other scriptures may say very different things. However i do not think that every path leads to the same result. And thus "perfection" (siddhi) may mean different things in each darshana. Every individual [from his own limited level] is free to choose what he wills and act accordingly. If say someone wants to achieve the aim of Sankhya (and now i do not speak about its ultimate possibility or whether it is indeed good & worth), it would be logical and necessary to meditate upon and apply correspondent metaphysical schemes. The point is that nature of method must be same as nature of its result.
    This is wise. At least from relative level of human understanding. Thanks for the posts.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

Thoughts alone is karma
    I totally agree with U, Atanu

Post Re: Bhairava

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna View Post

Unfortunately we again couldn't meet while being in India, but i hope it gonna happen sooner or later .
    Namaste Ajuna,

Yes, I was expecting to see you, perhaps at the Kumbha Mela (where you there?) or at least in Varanasi afterwards.

Hari Om
    ~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga View Post
    Namaste Arjuna,

It is true that unless Shiva is united with Shakti there is not perfection.

...in such human terms as to suggest that man cannot achieve perfection without the company of women (or vice versa)!
    Namaste,
    Perhaps this is the wisdom of grhastha (householder) and purusartha, the development of the heart? ...expanison of compassion to round out ones full ashrama experience.

pranams,
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Smile Re: Bhairava

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post

Perhaps this is the wisdom of grhastha (householder) and purusartha, the development of the heart? ...expanison of compassion to round out ones full ashrama experience.
    A kula is a herd, troop, flock, swarm, assemblage, or multitude (of animals or things), and particularly a race, family, community, tribe, caste, company, or gang (of humans).

kula indicates the residence of a family or seat of a community (specifically as much ground as can be ploughed by two ploughs each drawn by six bulls), a house or dwelling, a noble or eminent family or race (and thus high station).

kaula therefore means relating or belonging to a family, extending over a whole family or race, heritable in a family, or sprung from a noble family.

kaula is the vidyA of gRhastha, the esoteric science of the noble householders.

kaula promotes eternal life and prosperity (at least for the family or community) here on earth.

Namaste All,

Actually, it seems that a man in perpetual samadhi has his atma (which is he) and its consort 'the pragnya' in perpetual coitus. This possibly answers ZN. My POV.

And possibly Bhairava is that angry one whose coitus gets interrupted or gets delayed. It is said that Bhairavi neutralises the anger of Lord. (To avoid the risk of misinterpretation I clarify that this is the great coitus of Atma).

Om Namah Shivaya
    Namaste,

I have been forced to come back on this since I was made to realise that the latter paragraph was just a random thought, nor scriptural neither meditative. Bhairava is protector of Dharma.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Namaste Ajuna,
    Yes, I was expecting to see you, perhaps at the Kumbha Mela (where you there?) or at least in Varanasi afterwards.
    Namaste Sarabhanga,
    I think i was in South by that time... Usually i don't spend much time in UP. Only Bengal/Assam and South India.
    Anyway, we'll try to meet up in India again .

Hari Om
    ~~~~~

Namaste Arjuna,

It is true that unless Shiva is united with Shakti there is not perfection.

!
    yathalokena dipasya kiranair-bhaskarasya ca |
    jnayate dig-vibhagadi tadvac-chaktya sivah priye ||

just as parts of space are known by the light of a lamp
    or the rays of the sun, in the same way, Siva is known
    through Sakti. ...Vijnana Bhairava - sutra 21, Swami Lakshmanjoo

A beautiful and most insightful treaty i.e. Vijnana Bhairava for ones consideration, one of the foundational agamas. It is considered the essence of Rudrayamala Tantra. This is a boon as the total works of Rudrayamala Tantra is now incomplete and lost due to time.

pranams,
    Last edited by yajvan; 30 June 2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling...
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

i love bhairav

The following describes a statue of Bhairav in Kathmandu, said to have miraculously fallen from the heavens.

" He wears an ornate golden headdress, snakes writhe from his ears instead of earrings and coil about his neck, and in his hands holds an upraised sword, a chakra, a trident, severed heads and a bowl so reddened with vermilion it might contain blood. Carved flames dance about the tableau.

Purists would have the statue cleaned of its colour but here it is unnecessary, the black figure hung with red arid yellow and white against a raw cobalt sky in which are set a vermilion and yellow sun and moon with human faces, projects a stunning force no ordinary stone could achieve. There is sacrificial blood on the figure which appears necessary for so powerfully primitive a god who instils majesty with fear and protects with terror.

From dawn till late evening there are worshippers at the spot, mostly women wrapped in shawls and making offerings of rice, vermilion, incense and oil lamps and flowers.

How so massive a statue was brought to where it now stands in the old palace square, miles apart from where it was discovered, is yet another riddle that attaches to the image.

When it was raised in its present position, guarded by two stone lions and attended by a panel of ashtamatrikas, it took on a new quality.
    People accused of cheating or lying were brought before the Bhairab to swear their innocence. If they lied, they would surely die of a mysterious bleeding. Modern justice has discontinued the practice, but it is possible that in dark ceremonies no passersby see, oaths are still taken before the frightening presence. "

From The Mystery of the Black Bhairab - http://www.nepalitimes.com/issue/11/Culture/8882

There was a period for a week or so about two years ago where I was doing nothing but Bhairav meditations and studying the Vigyan Bhairav text. I went to Marshalls (it's this closeout store of designer department store stuff) I was sifting through the import goods and I happened upon a nice bronze face mask of Bhairav! Quite a vicious looking on too, with skulls and fangs. What are the chances of finding this in the fundamentalist Christian suburbs of Tennessee?

It was only $3. I took it to the register. A african american lady picked it up and exclaimed "Ew what do you want with this ugly thing?" I smiled and said "Some people use them as protection for their houses, they hang them on the outside of the door." As she rung it up she asked "So you don't believe god will protect you?" I laughed and replied "Yes, he is a god!"

She didn't say anything to me after that....

Thread Information