Thread: Strange

Strange

Namaste,

Isn't it strange that when the Lord (Vishnu) has been married not just to Sri, but to Bhooma and Neela, all his surrounding is desireless Aanmas who are in eternal servitude to the Lord - namely AdiSesha, Chakkarattazhwar, Garuda, Vishwaksena and all the liberated souls in Vaikuntha. This makes me wonder if all of them are designed to merge with god in some kalpa/some point of time far, far away so that they enjoy the same bliss and mastery that the Lord enjoys. Also in the Universe isn't everything designed to get a moment of its own? So thinking this way too, it appears every liberated soul out there will be one with the Lord to enjoy Lordship at some point of time... the males to merge with Sri Vishnu and females to merge with Sri.

What do Vaishnavas have to say regarding this?

Thanks,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Strange

Hello Vraja Ji.,

The idea of merging is somewhat not a very good thinking! and its like trying to replace someone and wanting to take their place. We always think and assume we can enjoy more than what our capacity is/are and it is in fact, the product of ego. Knowing your capacity itself is a very challenging task and self realization simply means knowing your capacity, svaBhava! If you are a 5 ltr can, how can that moment of ultimate satisfaction be more than 5 ltr of milk or honey or the Prema amrtuta! Where is the room for 50 ltrs in 5 ltr can?

If any such organic change can happen in "eternity", it will be absurd and it is also more absurd to think being with Lord, you still live with envy knowing your infinitesimal existence and potencies compared to Lord. Either you know Lord or you are learning to know Lord but no where you have to aspire to become Lord, by the idea of merging, uniting, unifying, loving, dissolving etc. and that is in fact, anti-theistic!

OTOH, we all are in one way expansions of Shri and there is no male or female when you are in the context of Lord and He is the only UttamaPurusha! The gender due to your present physical form is only temporary and for Lord, we all are His prema sakhis. When the joy giver is Lord, what more or best you can long for or can know about to seek? That itself is the end of search and only the flow and share of enjoying the experience of His prema will be the eternal activity for the jiva.

Hare Krshna!

Namaste,

From what knowledge i am aware of , the Eternal Soul is Genderless . Regardless if Male or female and the seperation of deities from Garuda, Adisesha.

Every being / form in Vaishnav tradition has a purpose. Ultimately, We are all one, any Balaji is the controller of everything past, present and future.

I hope i answered your question.

Hari Om,
    Dhanya

Quote Originally Posted by grames View Post
    OTOH, we all are in one way expansions of Shri and there is no male or female when you are in the context of Lord and He is the only UttamaPurusha! The gender due to your present physical form is only temporary and for Lord, we all are His prema sakhis. When the joy giver is Lord, what more or best you can long for or can know about to seek? That itself is the end of search and only the flow and share of enjoying the experience of His prema will be the eternal activity for the jiva.

Hare Krshna!
    This explanation is just wonderful, thank you!

Hello Viraja..

I'd like to know in which scripture soul is mentioned as having gender. As far as I know, there's one Upanishadik verse wherein soul is described as genderless.

I am looking forward to know scriptural quotes.

Thank You
    Hari On!

Quote Originally Posted by hinduism♥krishna View Post
    Hello Viraja..

I'd like to know in which scripture soul is mentioned as having gender. As far as I know, there's one Upanishadik verse wherein soul is described as genderless.

I am looking forward to know scriptural quotes.

Thank You
    Namaste,

I did not say anywhere that the basis of my question is from some scripture. It was a free-flowing question.

Regards,

Viraja

Thread Information