Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOD within Us

Re: GOD within Us

Namaste Anirudh,

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    1. I understood your explanations through the dream, dreamer, characters with in the dream example. Characters within the dream can't act independently, but the dreamer can. But the dreamer i.e. us are governed by the gunas of Prakruthi. Then what exactly is a free will?
    Free-will is also within Prakriti just like i-ness (AhamkAr) and is closely associated with AhamkAr and intellect. Characters in the dream seemingly act independently even though they get powered by Consciousness of the dreamer. The dreamer doesn't know how a particular character is going to act in the dream next moment ... e.g. you may find that a friend suddenly turns violent and slaps you hard or a snake comes out from nowhere and bites you or a flood comes from nowhere and you are swept away etc. So, even though these dream-characters have no independent existence apart from the Dreamer's consciousness, they seemingly act independently. Similarly, even though all of us get our conditioned consciousness by the all-pervading Infinite Pure Conscious which is God through ChidAbhAs we apparently act as different individuals and act seemingly independently.

See, Brahman/Self which is Infinite and everywhere has power of projection and veiling the Reality which is called MAyA or Prakriti. This Prakriti acts by the power of God/Brahman/Self and creates five mahabhUtas, observing and memorising mind, intellect and ahamkAR (I-NESS) etc. Even though these arise within Prakriti, these create different virtual beings with the different combination of the above and attaching with past impressions.MAyA or Prakriti is beginningless and so are past impressions. These impressions (also called Karmas) keep creating this world and the beings again and again in different yugas.

2. What is the difference between Maya and Free will? If Maya is there to make me believe my actions have originated because of me or I am doing them then how can this Maya be removed from me?

If Maya is to be shunned then why do we need a free will?
    MAyA and Freewill cannot be separated because as I stated above, Freewill arises due to AhamkAr, intellect, past impressions etc. which are product of MAyA. What I just wanted to say that even though MAyA arises due to Brahman and all beings arise due to Brahman and Brahman is the substratum or essence of everything, Brahman is neither MAyA nor the beings. Brahman, remains witness and keeps records of all actions (as it is underlying Consciousness).

3. How can all of us are in him but he is not in us?
    Very difficult question ! In fact, he says in other place in Bhagwad Gita, "I am the self in the heart of all beings" and still He is not there in the beings ! See, there is nothing but Infinite Consciousness and therefore, there is nothing which can be outside that Infinite Consciousness which we also call God. So, the whole creation including all of us are within Him.

However, even when virtual being has arisen on the bosom of Infinite Consciousness due to effect of MAyA, Brahman remains changeless and unaffected as everything happens as Mithya apparently. That is due to special characteristics of Brahman and MAyA. So, when Brahman always remains the same even though apparently a whole lot of events keep taking place ... Brahman doesn't change its position and therefore, God says that He is not there in the beings. This is a paradoxical situation where He is there in one sense and He is not when seen differently.

Why does He say that He is in the heart of all beings ? "Heart" means "core" or "essence". God is essence of all beings and of everything and therefore it is said that He is there in the heart of all beings. In fact, the only Truth, the only Reality is God/Brahman/Self and everything else is Mithyaa.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste Smaranam,

Thanks. I didn't quote the whole verse because it didn't help the discussion. I suggested you to correct meaning of the verse but later on saw that you corrected it yourself. Therefore, I have edited my this post.

OM

That is true, I had already replaced the first sentence with your sentence. It was the second part I wanted to add just to complete the verse.

Namaste
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste Devotee ji

Thank you very for detailed explanations.
    Last edited by Anirudh; 30 November 2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Deleted un related information.
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by The_One1 View Post
    Hi friends I am new in this forum and have a question regarding the so called existence of god within us......... enlighten me friends.
    Vannakkam: I'm curious. Have the answers been helpful in any way?

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by The_One1 View Post
    Hi friends I am new in this forum and have a question regarding the so called existence of god within us. I have heard from many hindu friends that god lives inside all human beings. Is it true? If its true then does it also mean that god lives inside a bad person such as murderers, thieves, rapists? If god lives inside a bad person then should we not abstain from punishing the bad person for doing crime and immoral deeds? Or does God live inside of only selected chosen person. Please enlighten me friends.
    Namaste and Welcome to the Forums,

If Technical stuff has confused you, I will try to give a simple answer (probably in short, which I am not known for )

God created this world, which is mental projection from his mind. So God is inside everything, living or non-living.

Regarding question of good and bad person, in crude sense, please imagine God to be like a 'life force'. The difference between us and plants and animals is 'evolution of consciousness'. Humans are more evolved than plants and animals, but lower than demi-Gods.

It does not matter for 'life-force' if a person i good or bad. God has given us 'free will'. What we are passing through is a result of ripening of fruits of your own actions that you have done in past. How one interprets the present situation and act / react accordingly is shape our future.

Imagine god as electricity and different kinds of people as musical instruments. Electricity plays what we play in music player and Electricity cannot be blamed if music is of bad quality.

God has given us head, it is up to us how we want to use it

OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Have the answers been helpful in any way?
    I think Elvis has left the forum.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Pranam.
    Vannakkam; There are many Elvis's and each one that has one post here leaves me curious. I will naturally assume in the positive, that we were tremendously helpful, to the point of Elvis attaining moksha from the sheer quality of the responses.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

Pranam.
    Vannakkam; There are many Elvis's and each one that has one post here leaves me curious. I will naturally assume in the positive, that we were tremendously helpful, to the point of Elvis attaining moksha from the sheer quality of the responses.

Aum Namasivaya
    Elvis left for the Ghetto ... In the Ghetto ... ... but did not say whether the responses were helpful.

regards

Elvis attaining moksha from the sheer quality of the responses.

I wonder whether he headed straight for heaven or got liberated once for all !

OM

Thread Information