Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VaishNav Oasis

Re: VaishNav Oasis

Shyaaaa ss ss m
    tArA vinA ShyAm mane ekalaDu lAge, rAs ramvAne velo Ava je...

ekalaDu ? that is a euphermism. Can't live without You ShyAm ~

Tara Vina Shyam Mane -- Lyrics

Shya ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ m.....Shya ~ ~ m.....Shyam....Shyam..

Tara vina shyam mane ekaldu lage,
    Ras ramva ne vahelo avaje (2)

Meaning: I am all alone without You, ShyAm (KRshNa, O dark One), please come and play rAs garbA with all of us who are thirsty for Your company

Sharad poonam ni ratdi, ohoo..
    Chandni khili che bhali bhat ni (3)
    Tu na ave to shyam,
    Ras jame na shyam,
    Ras ramva ne vahelo aav..aav..aav..shyam,
    Tara vina shyam..(2)

Meaning: It is the special Full Moon night of the Sharad RutU (autumn) [ It was Sharad PurNimA two days ago - 27th Oct 2015 ]
    [this is the special Sharad pUrNimA night that KRshNa chose to perform rAs with the Gopis and thus fulfill their wish to associate with Him ]

Garbe ghumti gopiyo,
    Suni che gokul ni sheriyo (2)
    Suni suni serio ma,
    Gokul ni galio ma,
    Tara vina shyam..(2)

Meaning: A Gopa says : " O Gopis dancing and twirling round and round in garbA, the forests and lanes of GokuL are all lonely and quiet without this KRshNa
    Therefore, O ShyAm (KRshNa), please come and start playing the rAs in these lonely lanes of GokuL."

Aang aang rang che anang no,
    Rang kem jay tara sang no (2)
    Tu na ave to shyam,
    Ras jame na shyam,
    Tara vina shyam..(2)

Meaning: Each limb of this formless Divine Lord, is transcendental and uplifting (like a colourful scene). How can we lose this charm, this colour in life (rang), when in Your association (sang) ?
    If you do not come here soon, Dearest ShyAm, no rAs can take place i.e. life is utterly MUNDANE MUNDANE MUNDANE without You ~
    So come here and start the rAs

** I have made up my own 2 lines to the above :
    anga anga ranga chhe ananga no
    rang kem jaye tArA sanga no?
    pAyal jhankAr sunI bAnsuri tAn suni
    rAs ramvAne veahelo ava ava ava shyAm ~

Last edited by smaranam; 29 October 2015 at 08:06 AM. Reason: just posted the full lyrics and meaning. Please take a look!
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Jai Shri KRshNa ~
    namaste

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    Shyaaaa ss ss m
    tArA vinA ShyAm mane ekalaDu lAge, rAs ramvAne velo Ava je...

ekalaDu ? that is a euphermism. Can't live without You ShyAm ~
    RukmiNi-haraN
    [Shrimad BhAgvat Canto 10 Part 2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSJNesXRQJk

a ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ a ~ ~ a ~ ~ ~ a ~ ~ ~ ni re sa ~

-- Princess RukmiNi writes a letter to Her Beloved DwArkAdheesh Shri KRshNa (Lord of Dwarka) to come and "kidnap" her [the kshatrIya way] because her brother wants to marry her off to Shishupal, but her heart lives only and only for KRshNa. KRshNa comes right away and takes her away in front of all those Kings and armies who have come on Shishupal's side (the kings are stupified by the beauty of the couple and the beauty of the haraN itself -- KRshNa's mAyA) .
    KRshNa takes RukmiNi to DwarkA while Dau (BalrAm) handles ShishupAl's army.

KRshNa says to the enchanted RukmiNi :
    If in Your place any ordinary being had called Me with sincere feelings, and full trust in Me, I would go to them as well

WARNING: There is some violence from Rukmi in the video between 9:05 and 10:05 - please skip

How sweetly He interacts with ShishupAl on the way, and explains the mistake -- "ShishupAl, I am happy to see you. You are my cousin. You knew RukmiNi did not want to marry you. Yet you came here disregarding and not respecting a lady's wishes. Now let Me do my duty."

He then marries Her with all pomp with blessings from parents and elders in both families, as well as blessings of all deva devatA who attend the wedding in disguise.

jai ho dwArikAdheesha tumhArI , jay ho dwArikAdheesh ~

hare hare S S S dwArikAdheesha hare

KRshNan namAmI govindam namAmI
    mAdhav mukundam he keshav namAmi
    achyutam keshavam nAtha nArAyaNam
    gopikA-vallabham kRshNa dAmodaram ~

yadA yadA hi dharmasya glAnir bhavati bhArata |
    abhyttAnam adharmasya tadAtmAnam sRjAmyaham ||
    paritrANAya sAdhunAm vinAshAya cha dushkRtAM |
    dharmasauMshtApanArthAya sambhavAmi yuge yuge || - Bhagvad GitA 4.7

Whenever there is a decline in righteousness, morals, dharma, and rise in unrighteousness, I appear in each era (yuge yuge) to protect the pious and righteous and destroy the evil and wicked.
    Last edited by smaranam; 29 October 2015 at 07:51 AM. Reason: warning

Jai Shri KRshNa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ril78CwLGMM
    When you sing the glories of Govind (KRshNa, Hari, VishNu),
    You will please the Supreme Brahman'
    When you let Hari into your heart
    You will never suffer the blows of this world...

O My Dearest Govind, O My Dearest Govind ~
    , Govind Govind Govind Govind

One who chants the Holy Name of Shri RAma
    Will easily cross the ocean of neissence
    When you love Hari the most, your greatest attachment is Shri Hari
    You will make your life successful

One who chants the Holy Name of RAma day and night
    Breaks the stiffling prison-chord around their neck
    When you align your existence with Hari
    You will destroy all sins from time eternal

O My Dearest Govind, O My Dearest Govind, Govind Govind Govind Govind

One whom Shri Hari protects
    Does not suffer the three hardships (3 taap - 3 types of sorrows from : Adhibhautik - natural surroundings, adhidaivik -- destiny, Divine, one's karma , adhyAtmic - internal , emotional, mental )
    When you meditate on, contemplate, think about Parameshwar, the Highest God
    You will get all bliss and hapiness

O My Dearest Govind, O My Dearest Govind, Govind Govind Govind Govind ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdCve18wBeo singer: Chitralekha Devi

O Friend , I will go to VRundAvan, 'cause my eyes are set on that One who lives a life of bliss -- Shri KRshNa (bihAri - One who does vihAr) || Dhru o ||

At home I may eat dry food [ but who cares? ]
    I get freshly churned butter (mAkhan) from BihAri Shri Hari (KRshNa) (1)

O Friend , I will go to VRundAvan, 'cause my eyes are set on that One who lives a life of bliss -- Shri KRshNa (bihAri - One who does vihAr) || Dhru o ||

At home I may wear old torn clothes [but who cares? ]
    KRshNa supplies me with silks (2)

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law keep fighting with me / are critical of me [ but who cares? (NOTE: mother/sister-in-law are merely symbolic of the worldly critics/bullies/jealous/hard-to-get-alongs in your life. This does not mean one should not try and understand their point and their heart. Introspection and compassion is part of the game, but read on to know why I survive ]
    I get the highest bliss and happiness from Shri KRshNa, [ the Lord of my heart ]

At home / in the world there is too much nonsense [but who cares? ]
    I get the Highest and most Divine association (true satsang) from Shri KRshNa [ the Lord of my heart ]

*Words in square brackets are my additions.

Thank you ameyAtmA for bringen up this thread again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvIL-Ycz6HI

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Jara itnA batA de kAnhA, terA ranga kAlA kyon? Tu kAlA hokar bhi jag se nilArA kyon?

Actually, I do not like this bhajan. How dare you call my KRshNa kAlA ?? He is NOT kala , He is megha shyAm, but again there is nothing that He is not, so He is all complexions.

How politely He answers this "rude" question with humor and continues to give delight : I was born at mid-night, drank milk from a black cow, danced on black KAliyA, perpetually live in eyes of devotees decked with mascara, ...

Little do we know that He is all-attractive, and the center, the Adi origin of the Universe, hence dark,
    From Him emanates all existence, hence dark
    He is Infinite, hence blue.....

Why restrict Him to one colour? He gives darshan in blue too.

KAnhA is blue and is filled with golden light.

does god only grants moksha to exceptional devotees like Prahlad,annammayya,Sriramadasu etc.. or even to normal devotees like us?

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth View Post
    does god only grants moksha to exceptional devotees like Prahlad,annammayya,Sriramadasu etc.. or even to normal devotees like us?
    Jai Shri KRshNa
    Even to normal devotees like us. He gives us many clues to come to Him in Bhagvad Gita, BhAgvat purAN, Devi BhAgvat, and other purANa, the upanishads.....

Prahlad -- was a case of dnyAnottar bhakti -- jnAna first, in mother's womb, given by DevaRshi NArad along with bhakti-beej, which was full blown like a lotus at age 5. He went through such difficulties at such a young age! He had to fight for life at the hands of his own father. Very sad.

One thing I can say though --- those who have extreme difficulties living in this world, almost suffocating, when they turn to God, He appears and takes care of them. Why does He leave the others alone? Because they are OK, they can float/swim, they have a Guru / they are in good hands / they are to be in the material world slightly longer since they are not "virakta" (vairAgya has not dawned) yet. They continue to find the material life interesting. They want to fulfill wishes in this world.

This is what the sarva-dharma parityajya verse is about , partly. Partly it is the gateway to adhyAtma-jnAna.

Those who depend on God and and only God are visibly the ones He picks up first. Naturally. After all KRshNa is the Mother. He will pick up the hysterically crying child first - one in most need of intervention -- SOS.

Art (sad), arthArthi (wanting material oppulence) jidnyAsu (curious) and jnAni (one in knowledge of the Self) -- are the 4 types that He classifies devotees into (chaturvidhas bhajate mAm...)

It is very good to be curious.. You do get the fruits of jidnyAsA. If that is combined with vairAgya, and prem, nothing like it.
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 17 February 2019 at 12:16 PM. Reason: dnyAnottar

Quote Originally Posted by Indialover View Post
    Thank you ameyAtmA for bringen up this thread again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvIL-Ycz6HI

Pranam
    Hare KRshNa IndiaLover. When you posted that a few months ago I smiled to myself -- this clip is my favorite in the "Little Krishna" movie. In fact the entire movie is so charming, and mostly, I heard it after years. So thank You.

Here is one of my favourite LoknAth Maharaj tunes (based on "Mera Geeta amar kar do"). Loknath Maharaj has set the fire of bhav and kirtan-madness among devotees worldwide. Many others have done so, but this is an observation I continue to make.

Hare KRshNa Hare KRshNa, KRshNa KRshNa hare hare, hare rAma hare rAma, rAma rAma hare hare

note: Hare is pronounced with an 'u' or 'a' sound (like the preposition a), it is a short vowel sound.
    Last edited by ameyAtmA; 17 February 2019 at 10:20 PM.

Namaste, I'm so glad to be a part of this forum. I understand it more now. Thank you all very much for being a part of this and for having this, to discuss spiritual and important matters in a peaceful and enlivening place.

I just wanted to say that thank you before replying.

Namaste

Dear Siddharth,

Your question brings up one very interesting and important topic. Who are we? -- what is our position, value, karma in life?

This is a very interesting and complex type of thing. We're in the world -- is it Maya? is it God? What is nearby, what is around us?

We are part of the system which is life on Earth. . .

Thread Information