Thread: Venerable Ajahn Chah

Venerable Ajahn Chah

Pranams,

They say that if someone really knows the subject then he/she can simplify it, I am always in deep respect for the simple, direct/profound teaching of Luang Por Chah, he seems to talk between the lines, the grey areas of Spiritual practice and understanding. As many know he is certainly one of the greats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WstN...bAQ-kKr36RM1Bw

Ys

Md

Re: Venerable Ajahn Chah

Amaravati and Abhayagiri are two Western monasteries inspired by the Thai Forest tradition and the teachings of the late Ajahn Chah.

Pranams

Quote Originally Posted by Sivathondu View Post
    Amaravati and Abhayagiri are two Western monasteries inspired by the Thai Forest tradition and the teachings of the late Ajahn Chah.

I have spent quite a bit of time at Amaravati monastery, its a really nice place to visit, they have an amazing library very wide range of topics covering most of the great teachings not just Buddhism ranging from classical literature to History and loads of great works from all spiritual traditions, if one is ever near that place its most certainly worth a visit, free of charge to stay with a voluntary donation if one stays overnight or exchange for menial work.

Ys

Md

Namaskar,

Very nice talk; it helped me to gain a better understanding of some things. Thanks for the share once again markandeya! I always enjoy the videos you share.

With Love & Light,
    LightOfOm
    ॐ मृत्युंजयाय रुद्राय नीलकण्ठाय शम्भवे l
    अमृतेशाय शर्वाय महादेवाय ते नम: ll

Sanātana Dharma Worldwide

Thread Information