Quote Originally Posted by Ametyst View Post
Harih Om,
could anybody refer me to some Saiva school that welcomes women as students? I live in Europe, so it is not possible for me to visit temples, but I would love to be able to learn teachings and participate in activities if they are not necessary limited on particular place. I came across Kuai's academy, but as far as I can see, it is basically a monastery for men, so I have to search somewhere else, but I don't know where.
If anybody would be willing to help, I'd be very happy.

Om Namah Shivaya
Namaste Ji,

I am not sure if you want to study while being a householder(Grihasta) or take renunciation(Sanyasa).

All existing Shaiva traditions give diksha(initiation) to Grihasta women i.e. the Guru gives a mantra,teaches how to worship and gives guidance about how to go about in daily life.A Guru might teach Shaiva philosophy depending on the interest & sincerity of a student.

You can study the Master Trilogy(Set of 3 volumes are available online in their website) of Kauai Adheenam Academy by yourself at home and clarify your doubts through online communication.

Coming to Sanyasa,many Shaiva Sampradayas might have had female monastic orders in the past but I don't know if any have survived to the present day.In the Vira Shaiva Lingayat system, women and men are considered as equally important and probably they might have some existing female monastic lineages.

I study the Saiva Siddhanta Sampradaya but occasionally I read about other schools and learn from the valuable knowledge they have in theirs.I stay in India and even I would like to know where to go and study.I hope someone can guide me to a good Shaiva Guru/Institution.