Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shirdi Sai Baba

Exclamation Re: Fake Baba

Namaste MD ji

I will not question HIS spritual mettle. But...

Gaudiya Vaishnavism and present day Bangladesh are related very closely. Iskcon was founded in 1966. Bangladesh was born in 1971.

It is beyond me to understand why he had to travel to US and change the lives of poor NY Americans. May be people living in American slums were poorer than the subjugated Hindus of Bangladesh.

Honesty I would like to be educated if HE had touched the lives of poor Bengalis when Iskcon was doing great.

I don't see any difference between IIT (premier university in India) passed out settling with NASA than joining Indian DRDO and Iskcon founder. These guys from IIT are attracted by the comfort and richness in America but what attracted an Indian Sanyasi ?

You should watch a Hindi movie Swadesh. Free downloads with English sub title are available

Quote Originally Posted by markandeya 108 dasa View Post
    Pranams

Anirudh Ji, I am well aware of the problems in ISKCON, but this does not make Srila Prabhupada a new age guru

Thanks for the advice Ram11 Ji.

Ys

Md
    Anirudh...

Re: Shirdi Sai Baba

Pranams

Thank you silence speaks, am not so easily swayed by the hypnotic ways of charming characters, but I also have no fear no check a few things out. I will be around Rishikesha for some time, but a bit more north where it is quieter, so I will check out that place. I am currently taking Shiksha from a South Indian Guadia Vaishnava who bases his Bhagavam discourses of Srila Sridhama Swami and many times he reffers to Sri ramana maharshi., whom I have considered one of The Greats in Modern India for many years, but mostly kept it under wraps. Advaita is still fairly new to me, as most my studies this past years has been based mostly on certain Buddhist texts within a compartive study of Sri Bhagavad Gita and the Philosophy of Aciintya bed abeda tattva of Sri Chaitanya MahaPrabhu, I have been independent in my studies from Isckon mainstream for more than 20 years, although I still think there are many good devotees and Srila Prabhupada is a great inspiration, I owe Him a lot and will never be forgotten.

In more ancient times in Bharata as far as I would know, rishis, sages and Munis would be aware of each others teachings, and discuss, I do consider that this system of Sanatana Dharma practice and investigation was never really intended to be as institutionalized and sectarian as it is in parts today, so I wish to continue in that spirit and continue my research with some freedom. I am also enjoying some passive study of sivasutra and the teachings of Swami Laxmanjoo, whom without doubt seems to be a nitya siddha, but perhaps only another nitya siddha can notice this and I am far from that high level.

Dear Anirudh, Pranams

Srila Prabhupada was ordered by His Gurudeva to take the message to the west, so all his activities accepted or rejected by others was only Him following the orders of His beloved Gurudeva, for this there was no fault. He could have quite easily stayed in Radha Damodara and practiced for his own benefit. Srila prabhupada said many times that the West was blind and India crippled, and his vision was to use the benefits of both Eastern Wisdom culture and the Wests material advancement to make that perfect synthesis. A bold and noble vision, but perhaps Srila Prabhupada underestimated the psychology of people in the west, and history speaks for itself.

I do not think He took the message to America to get money and left behind His own surrounding for personal gain. The story of Srila Prabhupada while great in parts is certainly one of sadness due to the corruption that followed his success, and unfairly it seems that He gets the blame for the misuse of the Institution that was set up with all good intention to elevate the west and wake up certain parts of a sleeping giant of a great culture as in Bharata, things did not go according to plan, but for as many failings there are equal amounts of success. Its very complicated and I doubt one film can capture what really happened. Lets just hope at some point Iskcon will regain the true spirit of its purpose, but it may take a couple of generations, but people are still fighting with good intentions to reestablish what was the real purpose. I myself am not strong enough to change anything but I will always be a well wisher. The best advice is please do not beleive at fist glance everything you read, but again its purely your choice what you accept and reject.

Ys

Md

Re: Fake Baba

Pranam,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    You should watch a Hindi movie Swadesh. Free downloads with English sub title are available

Pranams

is this film in anyway trying to depict that Srila Prabhupada was in some way a traitor to India...

Ys

Md

Namaste, Markandeya:
    Pranams

is this film in anyway trying to depict that Srila Prabhupada was in some way a traitor to India...

Ys

Md
    ... absolutely not.

EDIT: Prabhupada was not a traitor to Bharat; such a notion is absurd. But do check out that song that I linked. It's very beautiful.

Pranams

Good, and to be honest this thread is not really about that. It does seem as though that many things were taken the wrong way as to what I said, apparently I am looking for a guru when I am not, it all came about by me saying that I liked one mantra.

Peace

Ys

Md

PS Nice song but I dont have time as of now to watch the whole film

Namaste,
    Pranams

Good, and to be honest this thread is not really about that. It does seem as though that many things were taken the wrong way as to what I said, apparently I am looking for a guru when I am not, it all came about by me saying that I liked one mantra.

Peace

Ys

Md
    Whether one understands your posts or not depends mostly on one's ability to read posts comprehensively. Due to many members of HDF not having English as their first language, comprehension skills are not as advanced, let alone proficient, as we hope they can be. Your posts, at least for me, were easily understandable. Nothing to worry about, Markandeya. But do make some time to watch that movie (it has subtitles if you don't understand Hindi). Acting isn't as good as it can be, but the plot and message are both wonderful.

Pranams Sudas Paijavana,

Thank you, and yes I will watch the film at a later time.

Ys

Md

Namaste MD Ji

I participated in this discussion because You had compared a Hindu Saint with a fake guy. There is a cult built around that fake guy and it is exploiting and brainwashing Hindus.

In any of the Christian temple or Islamic worshiping place I know, till date haven't seen one single Hindu deity photo. But in the case of the fake guy temples you can see the cross man and the tomb.

Even the pedestal upon which the fake guy is seated is the replication of a tomb. Correct me if I am wrong.

I gave an example of Iskcon founder because Iskcon is exploiting Indian Hindus.

The discussion is not about what we both think about these guys, instead it is about whether they are fake other not.

Regarding the Shirdi fake guy :

there is no proof but for some text(s) that appeared with stories of miracles supported by copy paste of Vedic wisdom.
    In India it is a business to create new God(s)
    (Shirdi Fake guy is one such creation) and humiliate Hinduism every now and then.

I can give many examples to support my statements. Given below are two latest examples ....
    #1. In TN (Tamil Nadu) (a set of) people are questioning whether Srimad Bhagavad Gita is an Indian scriptural text or not?

#2. Students and younger generation are brainwashed to Kiss in public. This started from the non Hindus of Kerala in sizeable majority feel threatened because of the recent BJP surge.

Now you can understand why I opposed Shirdi fake guy when you tried to compare with Hindu Saint.

I have not misunderstood the remaining part. ie your interests on a particular text.

Secondly the Iskcon founder :
    I don't call this guy as fake but it cant be denied that he twisted Hinduism to suit his teachings and to attract Christians. Why he never thought to do the same things with Bangladeshi Muslim is beyond me.

I am still a neophyte so please forgive any errors in my presentation.

You say this and then ...

I found this as perhaps a good link
    for further research
    http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/
    n...03/page25.html

and you also say,

It does seem as though that many things
    were taken the wrong way as to what
    I said, apparently I am looking for a
    guru when I am not, it all came
    about by me saying that I liked one
    mantra.

Well Having said all this, don't see any use in discussing this subject after this post
    Anirudh...

Due to many members of HDF not having English as their first language, comprehension skills are not as advanced, let alone proficient, as we hope they can be.

Prejudice to counter perceived Prejudice... Good Luck :-)
    Anirudh...

Thread Information