Thread: Lord Brahma Not Worshiped

Lord Brahma Not Worshiped

Dear all,

i want to hear how you explain about :
    Many Asian worship Lord Brahma, even stars and the worship is very very powerful, very fast to get wish fulfill. Actually Lord Brahma get very wide worshiper.

But in many Puranas we also know many peoples and asuras doing tapasya to Lord Brahma and get many grace.

So how to explain about : There is said "Lord Brahma is not worshiped"

Thank You

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Re: Lord Brahma Not Worshiped

Namaste Shian,

Brahmā's worship has been severely limited since the end of Satyuga. In fact, the end of Satyuga itself was closely related, imo, to the diminish of Lord Brahmā's influence.

The structure of Sanskrit clearly suggests that Lord Brahmā is the closest to the deity, the substratum, Brahm (Brah***).

One of Lord Brahmā's sons, Sanata Kumar, was once considered a very powerful deity and among the greatest of the gurus. A lot of tradition and literature is lost, I guess. The Upanishads might just be ones retaining some bits and pieces.

In any sampradaya of Hinduism, there is an ALL deity, and there is a CORE deity. For example, in Shaktism there is Durgā (ALL deity) and Pārvati (the CORE deity).

So, what I want to say here is, Lord Bramā is the ALL deity, and Brahm is the CORE deity.

Something terrible happened - it is all there in the purāna-s - Shiva and Sati. And when the Yagna was destroyed.

But no doubt, true worshippers of Brahmā never totally disappeared. They are not visible, they don't speak much, but they sure know a hell lot of things.

At least I think so.
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Namaste

Rishi Brighu cursed Shree Brahma Dev that.he shouldn't ne remembered during Kali Yuge. You can get detailed information in Venkateshwara mahatmiyam s
    Anirudh...

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    Dear all,

i want to hear how you explain about :
    Many Asian worship Lord Brahma, even stars and the worship is very very powerful, very fast to get wish fulfill. Actually Lord Brahma get very wide worshiper.

But in many Puranas we also know many peoples and asuras doing tapasya to Lord Brahma and get many grace.

So how to explain about : There is said "Lord Brahma is not worshiped"

Thank You
    Namaste Shian,

There are few stories about this. It is believed Lord Brahma was cursed and cannot be worshiped. There is one temple where he is worshiped. Honestly if you want you can pray to him. I don't think there is any harm; unless someone else says otherwise. Remember the heart is never wrong if you feel the connection then pray . Here is the story about when Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma were discussing who was supreme when suddenly a fiery pillar of light appeared (Shivalingam) and a voice stated "whoever can find my origin is supreme":

Siva Purana:

Once it was decided that Brahma would go up (towards the sky) and try to find the head of this pillar of Light (Shiva) and Vishnu would go down (under the earth) to find the foot of Shiva. Brahma then assumed the form of a swan and began his journey into the sky. Vishnu on the other hand, assumed the form of Varaha (wild boar) and bored through the earth to descend into the very depths of the world. The two of them went thus on their quest for thousands of years and even still could find no end to the pillar of light (as light has no limit). After proceeding in their quest for so long, the two of them got tired.

Vishnu decided to end his search (becoming humbled) and proceed back to the earth. At the same time, Brahma saw a Ketaki (fragrant screw pine – Pandanus Sativa, kewra in hindi and thazhampu in tamil) flower slowly wafting downwards from the sky. He stopped the flower on its way down and asked it where it was coming from. On being questioned by the creator, the flower replied that it had been placed at the top of the pillar of fire as an offering by a devotee and had fallen from there. Unable to find the head of the pillar, Brahma decided to end his search and instead use the ketaki flower as evidence of him having reached the head.

Both Brahma and Vishnu came back to the earth in the end and when asked, Vishnu replied truthfully that he had been unable to find the feet of the fiery pillar even after a very long search going to the very ends of the universe. Brahma on the other hand (to prove his superiority over Vishnu) lied by saying that he had in fact reached the head of the pillar of fire and that he had brought the ketaki flower from the top as proof of having reached there. This false claim angered Shiva and he revealed his true form and then cursed Brahma that he would have no temple dedicated to his worship as he was undeserving (as a result of his falsity) and he also cursed the ketaki flower that henceforth she shall not be used in the worship of Shiva (as she had given false testimony when questioned).
    There are a few other stories as well. If you are interested I can post them Also, here is the Yatra episode dedicated to Lord Brahma it is Hindi. They basically show his "sole/main" temple in Pushkar. I hope this video helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YloMabove-g

-divnelight

Thank you all,

i must tell that there is so many testimony about the miracle of Lord Brahma ( many about wish fulfilling ) , He gain many devotee from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, America etc... So many Hong Kong actor and actress said they get popularity by the grace of Lord Brahma. Also there is so many peoples from different profession.

And i read in Puranas, so many figures get the power from Lord Brahma's grace.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Nice question!
    And this is new for me that many worship lord Brahma as I was thinking lord Brahma only worship in pushkar Rajasthan where there is temple and he married with goddess gayatri there if I am not wrong.
    -Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

I'm not sure. There are so many reasons! I'm Indian myself, but I have some asian friends who worship Brahma.. I find it kind of odd that when I ask them if they know of Vishnu, they ask who he is. I worship the trimurti/tridevi, and I worship them all as equals.

Thread Information