Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World's Richest Temple?

Re: World's Richest Temple?

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by ShivaFan View Post
    I give up.

I think I am reaching the end of this... there is always piling on and I always feel less welcome.
    From what I have seen in the past, some people like to discuss things from material point of view and some from purely spiritual point of view and others from a mix of the two. Case in point was the thread about women wearing jeans. To me it is a discussion of male sexuality and how to control it. Others danced around the issue and brought out some spiritual aspects of dress code and other ancillary things as they probably did not feel comfortable discussing the "real issue". Does that mean I or anyone else was "piling on" the OP? I expressed my views openly and some others did so in their own restrained way. There is no animosity here, or people "ganging up" on others or any such things. Many times we all tend to hit the keyboard in response to a post even without giving a second thought to what we are typing. It is all part of blind people (ego) describing an elephant (reactions to a post) by touching different limbs of it (view from different angles).

Please do not think of yourself as a victim of some sinister plot. Some reactions are knee-jerk reactions and others are a bit more thought out. But they are all human reactions to different stimuli, not intentional put downs, or an organised effort of "piling on". I am sure you realize that some TV shows that you enjoyed very much or things that dazzled you in your earlier years have lost their luster as you age. Similarly for some of us, many things have lost their luster/bondage/importance because of advancing years or because of more awareness or a combination of the two. So, the perspective provided is a piece of the big jigsaw puzzle and not a complete or the only answer. Just gloss over what you don't like, knowing that in no way is it meant to hurt you. If it bothers you that much, I will restrain myself in future from making any posts in your threads. In any event, no need to "give up".

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 13 December 2014 at 10:04 AM.

Thread Information