Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Snakes in Dreams

  1. #1

    Snakes in Dreams

    Hello All,

    Recently i am going through strange dreams and the yesterday's one about snakes which i didn't forget & curious to know how it relates in my real life.

    I had two dreams one after another.

    First one i had a lot of small while snakes in some cage and doing something with those snakes like used worship the lord shiva and i don't remember extacly why i had those many white small snakes in a cage. I took one snake out and bit me on my palm and i suddenly woke up.

    After getting back to sleep got another dream where i kept my leg in some trash and something bit me after verifying closely i see it as a snake bite and after some time i see a small snake with patches on his body coming out from trash and suddenly it got evaporated to the air and it was like snake died after biting me.

    This has anything to do in my real life. Can somebody help me out plz.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    25
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    783

    Re: Snakes in Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by ram09 View Post
    Hello All,

    Recently i am going through strange dreams and the yesterday's one about snakes which i didn't forget & curious to know how it relates in my real life.

    I had two dreams one after another.

    First one i had a lot of small while snakes in some cage and doing something with those snakes like used worship the lord shiva and i don't remember extacly why i had those many white small snakes in a cage. I took one snake out and bit me on my palm and i suddenly woke up.

    After getting back to sleep got another dream where i kept my leg in some trash and something bit me after verifying closely i see it as a snake bite and after some time i see a small snake with patches on his body coming out from trash and suddenly it got evaporated to the air and it was like snake died after biting me.

    This has anything to do in my real life. Can somebody help me out plz.
    Namaste,

    I have read Sivananda's book of Philosophy of Dreams and a snake is symbolic of an enemy according to him. I have also read positive interpretations of snakes; (being bitten by one indicates wealth and so on).

    Yajvan-ji has given some good thoughts on dreams in general aswell as the snake phenom in this thread:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660

    That said I personally feel it is futile to dwell on these matters. As we understand it; even though our experience is very real, the material world we consider reality is just as illusive as the dream world. I would focus on sadhana and positivity and try to discard any fear.
    After struggling with a few dreams in my past also I have reached the conclusion dream interpretation is only fruitful if under the guidance of a guru; otherwise it serves no real purpose.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    317

    Re: Snakes in Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by ram09 View Post
    Hello All,

    Recently i am going through strange dreams and the yesterday's one about snakes which i didn't forget & curious to know how it relates in my real life.

    I had two dreams one after another.

    First one i had a lot of small while snakes in some cage and doing something with those snakes like used worship the lord shiva and i don't remember extacly why i had those many white small snakes in a cage. I took one snake out and bit me on my palm and i suddenly woke up.

    After getting back to sleep got another dream where i kept my leg in some trash and something bit me after verifying closely i see it as a snake bite and after some time i see a small snake with patches on his body coming out from trash and suddenly it got evaporated to the air and it was like snake died after biting me.

    This has anything to do in my real life. Can somebody help me out plz.
    Fascinating sharing!
    In jyotish parlance, rahu is associated with snakes. Would be interesting to know if rahu plays a significant role in the nativity's chart or in transits etc when the snake dreams were observed/experienced.

    In spiritual, mystical, paranormal, philosophical, psychological etc. literature, snakes have been attributed many meanings and certainly as very potent symbols.

    Regards,

    Rohiniranjan
    _________________
    MA GIVE US eyes to see, and minds to understand what the eyes see, and hearts beating in unison to keep the eyes and minds alive and ALL OF US engaged in serving YOU FOREVER.

    A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

  4. #4

    Re: Snakes in Dreams

    Namaste Ram09,

    It really depends on who you talk to. I suggest you talk to your pandit at your local madir and see what he suggests. I remeber once my mom was having recurring snake dreams for a while. The pandit told her to donate/give a little silver snake (the one that go the on Shivalingam) to the mandir. He gave her a reason why the dreams were happening but I was too young to remember. Note that the snake we gave we had at home sitting on our Shivalingam, it might have been related to keeping it at home (not really sure). After that the dreams went away. So, it really depends dreams can mean different things. I hope this helps. If I can find out the reason for the dreams I will update you.

    -divnelight

  5. #5
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    317

    Re: Snakes in Dreams

    Dear All,

    My profound apologies if I am sounding a bit as if 'sawing across the grain', but over the years I have read simply too often that a guru or specific teacher is required for becoming a divinatory, astrologer, palmist, psychic, dream-diviner, etc etc. And, so, many simply give up their studies and interests and fade away in status quo of oblivion!

    To a large extent, such individuals were only mildly interested in their pursuits, or they were indulging in what I term, "Procrastinator's delight!"

    Simply stated, there are way too many seekers, but very few Gurus worth their salt! Many that exist, remain hidden, or difficult to get, while a throng are essentially half-baked teachers.

    So what is a normal seeker to do? Wait patiently and do nothing?

    I say that they should continue their pursuit and learn as much as possible from books that are available, confusing though they might initially appear (there is no requirement to 'get it' all upon first reading! Also, they must use their faculties to observe and see in practice what they have read or heard, including forums full of Wisdom!

    They may not feel that they are becoming experts just by that but they are doing one most important thing: preparation!

    Preparation for their Guru to arrive in their life, because, as they say:

    When the student is prepared and ready, the Teacher arrives!!

    Love and Light and Reality,

    Rohiniranjan
    _________________
    MA GIVE US eyes to see, and minds to understand what the eyes see, and hearts beating in unison to keep the eyes and minds alive and ALL OF US engaged in serving YOU FOREVER.

    A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    25
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    783

    Re: Snakes in Dreams

    Namaste,

    The point you have raised has merit. The reason I personally would say such; particularly when it comes to dream interpretation is simple. A large amount of the mass populace with these questions will go into the immediate study and be a victim of fear. They will read about things they can't comprehend and don't understand, they will start delving into other dream interpretations that may bring 'death', 'bad omens', 'financial losses' so on, and so on. All in all it is an experience that reaps no fruit. Without a guru (I use this term loosely) or an experienced scholar; it is hard for this person to weed through the unknown to get the essence of the teachings and understand the surrounding philosophy with a sharp enough context.

    Of course me and you are unable to make this qualification process, about who should go ahead and study and who shouldn't. As a general rule of thumb though I keep these feelings. I have observed the same in Astrology. Not only with others, but also me. A double edged sword indeed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    317

    Re: Snakes in Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by IcyCosmic View Post
    Namaste,

    The point you have raised has merit. The reason I personally would say such; particularly when it comes to dream interpretation is simple. A large amount of the mass populace with these questions will go into the immediate study and be a victim of fear. They will read about things they can't comprehend and don't understand, they will start delving into other dream interpretations that may bring 'death', 'bad omens', 'financial losses' so on, and so on. All in all it is an experience that reaps no fruit. Without a guru (I use this term loosely) or an experienced scholar; it is hard for this person to weed through the unknown to get the essence of the teachings and understand the surrounding philosophy with a sharp enough context.

    Of course me and you are unable to make this qualification process, about who should go ahead and study and who shouldn't. As a general rule of thumb though I keep these feelings. I have observed the same in Astrology. Not only with others, but also me. A double edged sword indeed.
    Dear friend,

    Greetings!

    I did not deny or obviate the role of a proper teacher (whenever he or she arrives), but simply reminding those would would indulge in procrastination or some sort of irrational fear, apathy or some other excuse (their own or inculcated in them by what they read on internet! ;-)) that they should -- while waiting -- not sit on their blessed hands but to keep learning and preparing as much as possible!

    And, it is not a good idea to try and learn astrology (for example) by focusing only one ONE chart, even (or particularly!) if it is their own chart! It more often than not leads one astray and more muddled-up because of the subjectivity involved!!

    I am sure hopeful that you understand.

    Love, Light, Peace,

    Rohiniranjan
    _________________
    MA GIVE US eyes to see, and minds to understand what the eyes see, and hearts beating in unison to keep the eyes and minds alive and ALL OF US engaged in serving YOU FOREVER.

    A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

  8. #8

    Re: Snakes in Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by ram09 View Post
    Hello All,

    Recently i am going through strange dreams and the yesterday's one about snakes which i didn't forget & curious to know how it relates in my real life.

    I had two dreams one after another.

    First one i had a lot of small while snakes in some cage and doing something with those snakes like used worship the lord shiva and i don't remember extacly why i had those many white small snakes in a cage. I took one snake out and bit me on my palm and i suddenly woke up.

    After getting back to sleep got another dream where i kept my leg in some trash and something bit me after verifying closely i see it as a snake bite and after some time i see a small snake with patches on his body coming out from trash and suddenly it got evaporated to the air and it was like snake died after biting me.

    This has anything to do in my real life. Can somebody help me out plz.
    Dear Ram09,

    I spoke with my mother today. I asked about what happened. She was having reoccurring snakes dream for a peroid of time. Basically, the pandit told her to bring a small silver snake to the mandir give it to Lord Shiva/Shivalingam and they will go away. In fact, the pandit was right once we did this they went away. If these dreams are causing you any distress I would do this or talk to someone you have faith in. Remember Lord Shiva helps his devotees and those who go to him with love. Hope this helps. Let me know what happens. Have faith and stay strong.

    -divnelight

  9. #9
    Join Date
    October 2012
    Location
    Bhaarath
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,113
    Rep Power
    1493

    Light Re: Snakes in Dreams

    Namaste

    Snakes in dream is not a good sign. It is an indication to upcoming miseries. Recollect your entire dream and find the connection with your present and past. You can discuss with your elders to know about the incidents which you are unaware.

    I am not a scholar, interpretation is based on my personal experience.

    We haven't have tapped our full potentials. Read the foot note of fellow member "Silence Speaks" and contemplate. I am sure you ll find your way.


    Come up, O Lions, and shake off the delusion that you are a sheep
    Anirudh...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Age
    25
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    783

    Re: Snakes in Dreams

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Dear friend,

    Greetings!

    I did not deny or obviate the role of a proper teacher (whenever he or she arrives), but simply reminding those would would indulge in procrastination or some sort of irrational fear, apathy or some other excuse (their own or inculcated in them by what they read on internet! ;-)) that they should -- while waiting -- not sit on their blessed hands but to keep learning and preparing as much as possible!

    And, it is not a good idea to try and learn astrology (for example) by focusing only one ONE chart, even (or particularly!) if it is their own chart! It more often than not leads one astray and more muddled-up because of the subjectivity involved!!

    I am sure hopeful that you understand.

    Love, Light, Peace,

    Rohiniranjan
    Namaste,

    Ofcourse. Your point of view is equally valid and I wholeheartedly agree.
    Have a good day.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Seeing snakes in dreams!
    By suresh in forum Jyotish
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12 April 2015, 07:56 PM
  2. Dreams of visiting temples and seeing dieties inside temple
    By srenukunta in forum God in Hindu Dharma
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07 March 2015, 09:09 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01 November 2011, 07:07 AM
  4. Dreams
    By yajvan in forum Canteen
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31 March 2011, 05:58 PM
  5. On Dreaming...
    By yajvan in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04 July 2008, 08:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •