Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snakes in Dreams

Re: Snakes in Dreams

Dear friends,
    All dreams of snakes are not bad . In fact when a white snake bites in the dream ,it brings affluence and much success according to our swapna sastra. Dreams about snakes are also very common when one is in Rahu mahadasa .When my daughter had a dream of snake bite ,she got very much disturbed and I told her not to worry because it is supposed to be a good omen . With in 2 months she landed up with a very good job in the same place where her husband is working .

Quote Originally Posted by saswathy View Post
    Dear friends,
    All dreams of snakes are not bad . In fact when a white snake bites in the dream ,it brings affluence and much success according to our swapna sastra. Dreams about snakes are also very common when one is in Rahu mahadasa .When my daughter had a dream of snake bite ,she got very much disturbed and I told her not to worry because it is supposed to be a good omen . With in 2 months she landed up with a very good job in the same place where her husband is working .

Dear All,

Greetings!

I have been seeing dreams of snakes (all kinds of colours, sometimes monotonous at other times variegated, as well as sizes and lengths etc) all my life. I have even kept a documentation and follow-up of many of those. I could never correlate any of those with any significant gain or loss.

Quite interestingly, my first 14 years were spent in a rather old but sprawling bunglow with large grounds around and even a small cultivated (not natural) forest. The 'forest' had randomly arranged stones where snakes and scorpions lived. The grounds in front of the house where we played cricket etc had many holes in which cobras lived. They came out during monsoon when water filled the holes. No one ever got bitten by a snake! They kept to themselves and we never bothered them. There was more a mutual respect (live and let live!) than a mutual fear, it almost seemed!

Then we moved to a different house when my father retired. Strangely enough, I almost missed the snakes! :-(

After my father died, the (newer) house remained unoccupied for a few years and when it was opened after that, a cobra was seen in the bathroom and another one sitting over the water-tank right outside the bathroom, almost as if guarding the property. That part of the town was not known to have snakes, meaning none were seen or reported in the 2-3 decades before that sighting. The bathroom and tank were in the western direction.

My father was born on a shivratri day.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Dear friends ,
    I said --'' all dreams are not bad ' It is a qualified statement . Then again swapna sastra says -- '' dreams when some one has indigestion. , when in mania or phobia , when one has intense desire , or under the influence of certain drugs , do not have any importance . Very rarely we get premonition dreams which turn out to be a reality . But that a bite of white snake in the dream brings good luck is oft quoted saying .

Light Re: Snakes in Dreams

Namaste Saswati Ji,

Dear friends ,
    I said --'' all dreams are not bad ' It is a qualified statement . Then again swapna sastra says -- '' dreams when some one has indigestion. , when in mania or phobia , when one has intense desire , or under the influence of certain drugs , do not have any importance . Very rarely we get premonition dreams which turn out to be a reality . But that a bite of white snake in the dream brings good luck is oft quoted saying .
    Do you say the person you had talked about in the previous post was not influenced by any of the above?

No offense intended but that's bit difficult to believe because it is not easy to find people without any desires these days. On the contradictory people have intense desires for ex desire to be accepted is observed among elders even if their end is nearing. In addition, the term "intense" is relative especially when it is stringed with desire.

Can you share Swapna Shastra with us if it is available in the public domain if not atleast the place to look for.

If your post was based on the personal experience, then let's leave at that level.

:-)
    Anirudh...

Dear friend ,
    It is an old Telugu book of same title .I am sure you could get books on dreams in other languages also . Western decoding of dreams is a bit different . In India and other oriental countries snakes are given reverential status .So all dreams are not treated alike . If you could get any book on swapna sasthra you would appreciate my point .

Question Re: Snakes in Dreams

Dear friend ,
    It is an old Telugu book of same title .I am sure you could get books on dreams in other languages also . Western decoding of dreams is a bit different . In India and other oriental countries snakes are given reverential status .So all dreams are not treated alike . If you could get any book on swapna sasthra you would appreciate my point .
    Thanks for the information Saswathy ji

Neither I questioned the Shastra nor about status of Snakes in SD. For few it is Adi Sesha and some others it could be the garland on Shree Shiva's neck.

But that's NOT the discussion. Nor about how west see them as.

I shared my opinion based on my personal experience.

If you have quoted Swapna Shastra alone, it would be adding value to the post, but you have shared an information to support your statements. And that information is not conforming to the rules provided by the Swapna Shastra.

So tell me what would you want me to understand from that real life example?

Interpretation of white snake biting could be correct. But on what basis you claim the dream you described is a premonition dream ?

As a reader I don't think you added value to the post. Well... not all might have same opinion.
    Anirudh...

Dear d friend,
    I didn't elaborate the point. I just said that dreams of intense desire do not fructify . That means the desire about a woman . The intense desire does not refer to other issues . But I learnt that there is no point in explaining any thing when it is not taken in the right spirit. Thank you very much .

Dear d friend,
    I didn't elaborate the point. I just said that dreams of intense desire do not fructify . That means the desire about a woman . The intense desire does not refer to other issues . But I learnt that there is no point in explaining any thing when it is not taken in the right spirit. Thank you very much .
    Namaste Saswathy ji

How can intense desire be limited to desire about woman alone? And why should the seeker be judged for the miscommunication from the other end.

Dreams have relation ship with our life. Interpretation could have cultural influences but there can't be western or eastern dream. Instead it is directly related to the person and the factors influencing the thought process of the person.

If you don't wish to stand by statements, it is OK. But questioning the seekers integrity doesn't cut ice.

Thank you very much.
    Anirudh...

Dear friends ,

dreams are not western or eastern ,but interpretations are different.

Namaste,

That's understood Saswathy ji.

But where did I claim my interpretation as western or eastern. Or when did I express my bias?

I am questioning the relevance of the quote you have provided with the incident narrated. The incident narrated doesn't conform to ( from Swaps Shastra ) quote provided.

The incident narrated by you is your personal experience. And it probably turned into reality.

I wish to stress here that there is no proof that you and I or anyone else can't see premonition dreams.

Lets not deviate further.

Dear friends ,

dreams are not western or eastern ,but interpretations are different.
    Anirudh...

Thread Information