Quote Originally Posted by Kalicharan Tuvij View Post
Namaskar,

Bharata means, "light-giver". BharataVarsha means, "the land of light". On a mundane level, it means, "the East". But to be accurate, BharataVarsha means vrihata Bharata including all those Eastern nations which fall into Ramayana zone of influence.

Then there is AryaVrata. Arya means, "the dark divine Sun" (don't ask me how ). Mundanely, "the West". Accurately, the vrihata Arya desha including all those western nations that fell under Arya domain of influence.

In the beginning, however, the terms "west" and "east" exclusively meant the west and the east of India (Mother India), respectively. That would be pretty much the "prehistory of mankind".(don't ask me how )

So, in the modern times it is no surprise that there is some confusion regarding these words. Clearly, more orthodox Hindus (read mostly native born) will equate AryaVarta to BharataVarsha to present confines of India - this view is well justified by observing that Dharma's influence has totally vanished outside India.

Then there are some Sadhus still residing in India, who know much much more, things that are very powerful and perhaps shouldn't be told.

Finally, there will be people like me, who would.. well, not now
Interesting, thank you.

Personally I am of the belief that at one point in time, vedic civilization was present everywhere on the planet, but at present is confined to the subcontinent.

Is it possible that in every Manuvantara, Manu manifests in different parts of the planet, and in this particular Manuvantara, that place happens to be India? This is pure speculation on my part, I was just wondering if it has any basis in authorized scriptures or whatever.