Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Third Eye....

The Third Eye....

Namaste!
    Is anyone know the most effective meditation to awaken ajna chakra.
    -Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Re: The Third Eye....

Namaskar,

I'm not sure what the best method is, but I will share my method, which is very effective for me.

-Light a candle and place it a few feet in front of you at eye level (sometimes instead of a candle flame I use an indigo crystal).

-Sit in a comfortable position on the floor with spine erect and with the tips of the index fingers gently touching your thumbs, with palms facing skyward, resting on your laps.

-Begin slowly inhaling, then hold your breath for a few seconds, then slowly exhale (do all of this through the nose, not the mouth). As you are doing this, stare into the candle flame (or indigo crystal) and do not blink and try not to become distracted by anything; hold your gaze for roughly two minutes while continuing your breathing.

-Gently close your eyes, then open them halfway and focus your awareness on the ajna chakra (this means your eyes will be looking upward behind your eyelids).

-Visualize the flame or indigo light in your mind's eye to strengthen the chakra (don't forget that you are still practicing the breath work).

-Begin chanting AUM every time you exhale and as you chant, visualize a divine bright, golden light flooding the chakra and then shining forth from it.

-After roughly two minutes, stop chanting and open your eyes once again and stare at either the candle flame or indigo crystal, but this time stare longer than two minutes (stare for as long as you feel comfortable). Remember, you are still maintaining the breathing the entire time.

-Gently close your eyes once again, then open them halfway and focus your awareness on the ajna chakra.

-Visualize the flame or indigo light in your mind's eye to further strengthen the chakra.

-Begin chanting AUM every time you exhale and as you chant, visualize the bright, golden, effulgent, divine light shining forth from the chakra and piercing through your head.

-Continue the chanting and breathing for 45 minutes.

I like to practice this meditation by starting from the muladhara chakra and going upward. I either use a candle flame or the corresponding crystals for each chakra as a point of focus and concentration. When done this way, I only focus on each chakra for about five minutes rather than 45. I feel it is a more complete meditation, but you can still focus on just one chakra at a time if you want (for instance, set aside one chakra for each day, that way after one week you have completely awakened/cleansed all chakra centers).

Sometimes I end the meditation with japa rounds followed by more pranayama exercises. The whole process can take hours, so I normally wake up very early in the morning to give me sufficient time to complete it all.

Again, this may not be the most effective meditation for you, everyone is different; I am just sharing what I have found to be effective for me. I wish you all the best in your journey to awaken yourself.

With Love & Light,
    LighOfOm
    ॐ मृत्युंजयाय रुद्राय नीलकण्ठाय शम्भवे l
    अमृतेशाय शर्वाय महादेवाय ते नम: ll

Sanātana Dharma Worldwide

Thank you so much LightofOm for your reply, I never listen this method....
    Thanx for giving detailed info.
    Have a nice day.
    -Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Vannakkam: In more traditional Hindu lineages, these types of things (kundalini, third eye opening, chakra balancing) are seen as natural outcomes of sustained sadhana and meditation under the guidance of a qualified teacher. No effort is put into attempting to do such things until the Guru recognises ripeness in the devotee. Yes, it may seem duller, but to do one's dharma following the guidelines of the yamas and niyamas gives the necessary balance or preparation for the soul when it does come time. Mostly it is the ego that needs to be sufficiently subdued before readiness can occur.

Before that, it is warned to be 'playing with fire' and can actually cause harm.

However, in 'new age' circles all these mystical things are more out in the open, and it's more or less a free for all, anybody trying anything, based on individual desires to do so.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: In more traditional Hindu lineages, these types of things (kundalini, third eye opening, chakra balancing) are seen as natural outcomes of sustained sadhana and meditation under the guidance of a qualified teacher. No effort is put into attempting to do such things until the Guru recognises ripeness in the devotee. Yes, it may seem duller, but to do one's dharma following the guidelines of the yamas and niyamas gives the necessary balance or preparation for the soul when it does come time. Mostly it is the ego that needs to be sufficiently subdued before readiness can occur.

Before that, it is warned to be 'playing with fire' and can actually cause harm.

However, in 'new age' circles all these mystical things are more out in the open, and it's more or less a free for all, anybody trying anything, based on individual desires to do so.

Aum Namasivaya
    yes, there is a need of guru to do such things, but its so difficult to find one true guru in this age of fake baba's,
    in this condition my lord shiva and universe becomes my guru.
    And you are right EM ji I am also attracted to this mystical things, I don't give efforts in this due to lack of timing but I desire to do as whenever I do such things for even 1-2 minutes I experience many things. [e.g.- I can see aura (only white light), psi energy (as fost), once I saw lucid dream, and once I feel kundalini energy (intense burning like feeling initially, but when I learned there is strictly need guidance in kundalini I quit to do kundalini meditation) I only try to do meditation which will cause no harm, but this experiences make my belief stronger in god I know true devotee should not require this proofs but honestly it sometimes encourage me to go further in spiritual path.
    I don't know does lord shiva wanted me to do such things but destiny always brings me to this secrets, hope I should on right path
    -Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Dear friend ,
    yes , it is a bit dangerous to do the concentration on chakras with out proper guidance . It is also true that it is very difficult to get a guru . The best method is to go to that end through intense bhakthi . In bhakthi yoga the personal deity always protects the devotee .

Vannakkam: From western influences, we've lost patience. The one-life idea has infiltrated the Hindu psyche. So people want all this quick fix, quick enlightenment stuff, and that want it now.

True Guru arrives when the devotee is darn well good and ready. It may be 100 lifetimes from now, and not any sooner. So focus on what you can do ... which is dharma, living according to human morals, ahimsa, controlling mindstuff, and all that. Then ... when you're ready, Guru will appear. Seek contentment in that, and be happy. There is absolutely no hurry. Mother will come.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaskar.

Dear Soul of Light,

You are welcome. I tried to give the best information I could from my personal experience to help you in your journey. You wanted an answer and I gave you one. However, I do agree with what most are saying here: guru knows best, so follow that, as I'm certain you will.

With Love & Light,
    LightofOm

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: From western influences, we've lost patience. The one-life idea has infiltrated the Hindu psyche. So people want all this quick fix, quick enlightenment stuff, and that want it now.

True Guru arrives when the devotee is darn well good and ready. It may be 100 lifetimes from now, and not any sooner. So focus on what you can do ... which is dharma, living according to human morals, ahimsa, controlling mindstuff, and all that. Then ... when you're ready, Guru will appear. Seek contentment in that, and be happy. There is absolutely no hurry. Mother will come.

Aum Namasivaya
    You speak words of wisdom!

"No hurry, mother will come."

Beautiful. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Aum Namasivaya,
    LightofOm
    ॐ मृत्युंजयाय रुद्राय नीलकण्ठाय शम्भवे l
    अमृतेशाय शर्वाय महादेवाय ते नम: ll

Sanātana Dharma Worldwide

Namaste,

Do be cautious with the ajna and sahasrara chakras.

Hari Om
    "Be the change you wish to see in other people." ~Gandhi

Namaste,

Speaking on the Ajna chakra, usually when I lie in bed, my pineal gland buzzes
    very potently, more than when I meditate. I mean it is really very intense. This can last for extended periods of time. This is when I'm just lying in bed getting ready to sleep.
    What is the reason for this? Should I be worried?

Thread Information