Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Western Canada

Re: Greetings from Western Canada

Namaste Shutoku,

Quote Originally Posted by shutoku View Post
    In that regard it truly has been remarkable.
    I am puzzled by something and ask for answers, and the next day they appear!

One area that still has me a bit less than decided on a specific lineage of Kriya, Roy Eugene Davis is a very down to earth and practical teacher with very very little emphasis on miraculous things, which I like very much, and I think makes the transition for Buddhism a bit easier.
    However he teaches that one must have a living Guru, and therefore one should not consider a Guru who is no longer in the body, and whom one has never met, to be one's own Guru. In otherwords he does not feel anyone who never met Yoganandaji when he was alive, should consider Yogananda to be his Guru because Yogananda cannot answer questions or directly assist a disciple.

I understand his logic completely. I think it is quite reasonable.
    However while it may simply be my own interpretation, I feel that it is Yogananda who has in fact guided me through this.
    This is the only area where I have any doubt, and I'm not sure it is that important. No matter who it was, someone or something has most definitely been guiding me towards this path, and I feel humbled and deeply gratefull!

I am not able to be initiated imediately anyway, and I think I can trust whatever cosmic power which has been guiding me, to also guide me to the right path and Guru. In the meantime I will practice and entrust to God.
    Yes, to human mind it helps to have a Guru who is in physical body. However, if Guru is not Self-realised (or God-realised), what help can he do even if he is in physical body ? A blind person cannot lead another blind person. If Guru is Self-realised / God-realised how does it matter if he has a physical body or not ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Re: Greetings from Western Canada

Well here I am four years later!

I came here to see if anything had been posted about Roy Eugene Davis passing. I don't see anything.
    He passed on March 27, 2019.
    In the end I did receive Kriya initiation through him albeit he sent me a DVD of initiation and correspondence in which I was considered to be fully initiated. I was not able to meet him in person. I do wish I could have met him, and I am heartbroken at his passing. He was definitely the teacher for me to follow in terms of Kriya Yoga and I know this with 100% certainty.

I am still involved with a Jodo Shinshu Buddhist Temple, but I practice Kriya daily, and I strongly suspect were I not so heavily relied upon at the Temple, I would probably solely practice Kriya as my Sadhana. I love Jodo Shinshu, but I can only feel Amitabha Buddha is symbolic, and so deep down I feel a deeper connection with the actual experience of the divine through Kriya. So I practice Nembutsu (recitation of Namu Amida Butsu, or Namu Amitabha Buddha) as well as Kriya.

btw someone asked about the meaning of "Shutoku". It is my Dharma name given when I officially became Buddhist. It is Japanese and the meaning I was told is "Great (as in abundant) virtue".

3. Re: Greetings from Western Canada

Greetings. Welcome

Thread Information