Thread: Complete Tirumurai ~20000 Verses:Original+Translated into -English + Indian Languages

Complete Tirumurai ~20000 Verses:Original+Translated into -English + Indian Languages

Namaste,

The Complete Tirumurai of 12 Volumes having nearly 20,000 shlokas with original verses and
    translation into many languages is made available ONLINE by Sri Dharmapuram Adheenam in the website below:

http://thevaaram.org/index.php

Languages:
    English
    Tamil
    Hindi
    Telugu
    Kannada
    Malayalam
    Urdu
    Sinhalese
    Russian
    Chinese
    Standard Sanskrit Roman Scripts
    and many more languages.

Also Available as Andriod & App Store(Apple) appilcations for mobile users.

The Tirumurai is a collection of 12 Volumes of beautiful devotional and philosophical hymnal literature of Saint Devotees of Saiva Siddhanta Sampradaya of Shavism.

It is very useful for all devotees of Lord Shiva & Goddess Parvati irrespective of the tradition they belong to.

Translation and Transliteration of the first seven Volumes of Tirumurai(known as Tevaram) done by French Institute of Pondicherry is also available online in the following link:

http://www.ifpindia.org/digitaldb/si...aram/INDEX.HTM

Last edited by Ram11; 09 January 2015 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Added a link.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Re: Complete Tirumurai ~20000 Verses:Original+Translated into -English + Indian Langu

Vannakkam Ram: The Dharmapuram Aadheenam is probably the most distinguished and respected one out there today. I once got 'swarmed' by a few swamis from there. Long story.

This is awesome stuff you keep digging up.

Aum Namasivaya

Re: Complete Tirumurai ~20000 Verses:Original+Translated into -English + Indian Langu

Namaste Ram,

are you sure the android app has english? Seems Telegu only to me.

Also can you offer more information to be about Tirumurai itself? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyCosmic View Post
    Namaste Ram,

are you sure the android app has english? Seems Telegu only to me.

Also can you offer more information to be about Tirumurai itself? Thanks.
    Namaste Ji,

The Android App links to the website.It seems they have not yet optimized the site to work on devices.I hope they improve the app.But it can accessed.

1.To see in English,first you have to click on 'Twelve Tirumurai'(bottom right).

(Similarly,Telugu users can click on 'Pannendu Tirumurai',Hindi users 'Barah Tirumurai' etc.)

2.Then in the page that opens you will see to the left the list of twelve Tirumurai's.

3.For example,click on
    Tirumurai 7 to see it.And it is displayed.
    There is a drop down menu to change the temple/place.
    Slightly below this there are numbers which indicate different verses sung at same place.You can click to change the verse.

4.When you scroll down to the bottom of the page the translation is available.

Each hymn has a history behind it.I think the Adheenam is still working on the legends.

For this above example verse of Saint Sri Sundara Murthi I made a post having some details in:
    Sri Sundarar calls Lord Shiva,"O Crazy One"

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=13683

The Tirumurai is a collection a hymns,devotional and philosophical.

Devotees of
    Lord Shiva & Goddess Parvati expressed their devotion in the form beautiful verses in their local languages.Such ones are seen in every school of Shaivism whether in Kashmira Shaivism,Saiva Siddhanta in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh,Veera Shaivas in Karnataka & Andhra or elsewhere.

These hymns are the reason why Shaivism remains in the heart of the people.In the past,very few had access to the Vedas,Upanishads and Puranas which were in Sanskrit.Through simple yet profound hymns the Saint Devotees spread the essence of these Sanskrit scriptures in their native languages to the masses.

In the ancient Tamil country too there were maybe thousands of such devotees but today we are left with soulful outpourings of only 30 Saint Devotees.They were collected as the 12 volumes of the 12 Tirumurais.

If you like to know how they were found and compiled,I can tell but it is a big story.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste,

Thankyou for the detailed explanation. I was wondering why the link showed the telegu version in the app store.

Thread Information