Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name the 'yoga' you would like to have? (and Why)

Name the 'yoga' you would like to have? (and Why)

Namaste esteemed jyotishas,

Every successful horoscope has some good yogas. As Jyotishis, you must have come across some fabulous combinations or even Panchamahapurusha yogas. Of all these yogas, which ones impressed you the most? And why? Can you also share a small narration on what that native is doing?

This question is just for some fun and enthusiastic learning, hope to hear from all you jyotishas out there!

Warm regards,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Re: Name the 'yoga' you would like to have? (and Why)

Namaste Viraja Ji,

Interesting question!! As far as I’ve noticed rasi chartcannot predict 100% for sure. D9 and the corresponding divisional chart shouldbe assessed.

A boy in mid 20’s. Lagna – Meena, 4thHouse – Jupiter, Mercury and Sun, 5th house – Venus & Mars, 6thhouse – Ketu, 7th house – Moon, Saturn in 10th and Rahuin 12th with dasa balance Sun 2 months and 1 day.

He was pretty average in studies and in between helost interest in studies in teens and finally he finished his Masters and has adecent job now. In his chart Mercury is in 4th house with Jupiter (Lagnathipathi)and Sun. Here Mercury is forming a Pancha maha purusha yoga also Jupiter isalso well placed in a Kendra. Sun’s placement may not be great but he cannotgreatly influence two benefic planets moreover he is also placed in a Kendrahouse. Sani aspects this combination and it cannot be entirely bad since he is11th lord also and also he is also placed in 10th house. Forstudies we need to look into 4th and 5th houses alongwith Mercury and Jupiter. Mercury and Jupiter and are well placed. 4thhouse lord Mercury is well placed. 5th house lord Moon is wellplaced in 7th house. Venus placement in 5th house is goodand only bad in the neecha mars in 5th. Again Mars is getting neechabanga due to Sani and Moon being in Kendra houses.

Overall he should have had a decent education but it didn’thappen.

Let’s compare a similar horoscope of Bill Gates.Mithuna Lagna, 3rd house - Sun, 4th House - Mercury andMars, 5th house – Venus, Sun and Saturn, 6th house -Rahu, 10th house Moon and 12 house Ketu.

Here also Mercury is in a pancha maha purusha yogawith Mars(6th and 11th lord). Gates was always good atstudies and he entered Harvard ( Though he dropped out to start Microsoft). He wasgood at studies.

If you compare both charts from study perspective youwill start wondering how astrology worksJ

Cheers

Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Namaste esteemed jyotishas,

Every successful horoscope has some good yogas. As Jyotishis, you must have come across some fabulous combinations or even Panchamahapurusha yogas. Of all these yogas, which ones impressed you the most? And why? Can you also share a small narration on what that native is doing?

This question is just for some fun and enthusiastic learning, hope to hear from all you jyotishas out there!

Warm regards,

Viraja
    Dear Viraja ji,

Wishing you a very auspicious and appropriate 'seasonal greetings' (celebrated around this time under different names, etc) for this time of the year!

There was a difference between the question in the subject heading of the thread and what appears in the body of the text.

I would like to address the context of the subject heading only, since it attracted my attention and thus represented as a nimitta for feeling motivated to respond! :-)

More than any given yoga etc, let alone mahapurusha yoga since I have not seen or met too many mahapurushas in my ordinary existence so far and you know and perhaps remember my scepticism about all kinds of varying and floating data in jyotish literature and internet for accomplished men and women, in general -- please do read on.

The tripod of life on this worldly plane of life, namely, lagna, chandra, soorya primarily, and a few personal indicators in addition would be my desired focus as a response, at this time.

Not just strengths thereof or beneficience-maleficience, primarily desirable would be their stability (as partially enumerated above), relationships, connectivities (aspects etc) and mutual solidarity (harmony + synergy).

I pray/presume that you would not be considering me greedy for desiring so much, but simply as wish-lists go (subject heading...!) the above would be the list of desirables.

Or, if you really ask me -- those would be what we all might benefit from striving for through our karma more than our simply wishing and hoping for those to land in our laps!

Karma in other words is an effective remedy for past karmas that resulted in becoming our bhagya, something most people desire for, but a few others lament upon! Still others, simply procrastinate about...! <sigh!>

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Not just strengths thereof or beneficience-maleficience, primarily desirable would be their stability (as partially enumerated above), relationships, connectivities (aspects etc) and mutual solidarity (harmony + synergy).

I pray/presume that you would not be considering me greedy for desiring so much, but simply as wish-lists go (subject heading...!) the above would be the list of desirables.
    Dear RR ji,

So you are saying more than any tailor-made yogas which might or might not operate when approached by text-book yoga combination alone, it would be beneficial if planets in general form interesting combinations and benefit from some good aspects too...! Having read your replies, I know you do not trust all those 'celebrity birth data' floating around the net in various forms... So I cannot ask you for a celebrity chart. But if there is any 1 yoga that ever impressed you in anyone, please share!

Namaste Krishna ji,

That was an interesting combination.

I would say of all yogas that impressed me (I admit I know very, very little Jyotish), nevertheless, it is "Hamsa mahapurush" yoga, especially in a woman. Actress Madhuri Dixit has this yoga. Many sites discuss her chart and one of them for example is http://jyothishi-pandit.blogspot.com...rsmadhuri.html.

The reason I like Hamsa mahapurusha yoga is that Jupiter being karaka for so many things - absolute dhana karaka, putra karaka, karaka for spirituality, karaka for wisdom and karaka for good husband in females, when forming a good yoga in a female chart, more than likely confers all these things to a female native easily, is it not?

So I am very, very impressed with this yoga in a female native's chart.

Dear RR ji,

So you are saying more than any tailor-made yogas which might or might not operate when approached by text-book yoga combination alone, it would be beneficial if planets in general form interesting combinations and benefit from some good aspects too...! Having read your replies, I know you do not trust all those 'celebrity birth data' floating around the net in various forms... So I cannot ask you for a celebrity chart. But if there is any 1 yoga that ever impressed you in anyone, please share!
    Dear Viraja_ji,

Suprabhat!

The yogas and arishtas as have been gratefully received by us in the scriptural "text books" were, in my humble understanding, not tailor-made but presumably through 'realization' by sage-astrologers and therefore must not be tossed around or (more importantly) not be tossed away, willy-nilly!

That said, my understanding and perception furthermore impress upon me that the scriptural records are pithy and oftentimes presented as synopsis and therefore require some more thinking and effort on the part of all of us modern astrologers.

Although by necessity astrology has been presented in chunks, due to the sequential nature of presentation (in chapters or in a book or even series of books, etc), those embody the very essence of how astrology can be expected to unravel and function.

There is no one yoga etc that attracted my attention. All are appropriate and beautifully depict the karmic story and pattern of nativities and all are worthy of our attention, without preferences and biases muddying our appreciation of the beauty of the Universe and in a more local sense, of astrology: a gift from the Universe!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

P.S.: addendum. I personally think that it is important to move away from ones personal chart or chart of close and near loved ones during the pursuit of astrology. It helps us get fixated on certain charts and biases arising therefrom as to the importance of this or that or the other factor. Others may naturally disagree :-)

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    There is no one yoga etc that attracted my attention. All are appropriate and beautifully depict the karmic story and pattern of nativities and all are worthy of our attention, without preferences and biases muddying our appreciation of the beauty of the Universe and in a more local sense, of astrology: a gift from the Universe!
    Dear RR ji,

Ok, let me ask a related but slightly different question. Like I mentioned Hamsa yoga to be my most favorite, which other planet do you think is an advantage to have, to be participating in a good yoga? It seems to me that Saturn is the karaka for industriousness, gradual rise in career through structured efforts, patience and forebearence, it might be an advantage to have Saturn in dignity forming yoga in a chart. To some others it might be Mars or Mercury or any other planet. What to you, is the planet, that gives a most preferable advantage?

Also why the luminaries cannot give a mahapurusha yoga?

Dear RR ji,

Ok, let me ask a related but slightly different question. Like I mentioned Hamsa yoga to be my most favorite, which other planet do you think is an advantage to have, to be participating in a good yoga? It seems to me that Saturn is the karaka for industriousness, gradual rise in career through structured efforts, patience and forebearence, it might be an advantage to have Saturn in dignity forming yoga in a chart. To some others it might be Mars or Mercury or any other planet. What to you, is the planet, that gives a most preferable advantage?

Also why the luminaries cannot give a mahapurusha yoga?
    Viraja ji,

As mentioned earlier, whichever planet best describes the nativity's reason for being born in the current life-time! Without that, we astrologers would be in big trouble, because then the chart would not be in concordance with our life-plan! :-)

Your question might be related to another question: Why the luminaries were assigned only one sign each when rulerships were being distributed, presumably before astrological framework was born? ;-)

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Viraja Ji,

I agree with RR Ji's comments that a stong Lagna or Moon or Sun is needed to be successfull. I've analayzed many charts and found that this is true to 80%. In other cases the exceptions do play a role. Say if Laganathipathi is in 6th house then it will be vargottama something like that.

One thing I've noticed in artistic persons is that the raja yogas are more profound from Moon.

I think personally that Sun and Moon were given only one sign in our system since Sun represents Body & Soul and Moon represents Mind & Heart. Just my thoughts...

I believe you cannot pick one Yoga as the best one. Overall combination of the chart is the key for our fate, right?

Thanks
    Krishna

Thanks, Krishna ji and RR ji!

Thread Information