Thread: I'm having shivling dreams most of the days

Question I'm having shivling dreams most of the days

Hi Namasthe,

I had a dream mostly early hours around 4PM-5PM recently where a women dressed in while cloths asked me to do a shivling pratishta under a tree where there is already one linga exists. after that she has asked me to perform pooja for that shivling with yellow flowers which will enable me to get a desired husband. Saying so that lady was becoming weak, or she fell unconscious.

I'm scared why that lady went unconscious. Yesterday morning I again had a dream where one lady asked me now its time lets pray to shiva. I saw one spatika linga this time in dream.

Between these two dreams I have seen Shivling twice or thrice in dreams. common thing in these dreams are they were always during early hours of the the day.

Please suggest me what does these dreams mean, what shall i do?

more concerning thing is why that lady fell unconscious or said i'm leaving soon. I'm worried about my mom's health.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,
    Akshara

Re: I'm having shivling dreams most of the days

Quote Originally Posted by AksharaSai View Post
    Hi Namasthe,

I had a dream mostly early hours around 4PM-5PM recently where a women dressed in while cloths asked me to do a shivling pratishta under a tree where there is already one linga exists. after that she has asked me to perform pooja for that shivling with yellow flowers which will enable me to get a desired husband. Saying so that lady was becoming weak, or she fell unconscious.

I'm scared why that lady went unconscious. Yesterday morning I again had a dream where one lady asked me now its time lets pray to shiva. I saw one spatika linga this time in dream.

Between these two dreams I have seen Shivling twice or thrice in dreams. common thing in these dreams are they were always during early hours of the the day.

Please suggest me what does these dreams mean, what shall i do?

more concerning thing is why that lady fell unconscious or said i'm leaving soon. I'm worried about my mom's health.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,
    Akshara
    Namaste AS,

No need to worry. The lady in question is Devi Ushā. Shivalinga related dreams do have this common refrain, even on HDF itself in some threads (once I received even a private message from a member) such dreams are mentioned.

So my interpretation follows the standard line I adopted for similar cases:
    "We got births on earth in order to spiritually evolve, picking up the threads from where we left it during our previous births. Shri Ushā tells us exactly that: you shouldn't delay anymore. She is our constant companion, guardian, and the only deity who keeps one foot in this world of ours. We need to strengthen Her consciousness within us (and not weaken Her) by daily remembering Devi and also Her sister Sandhyā. In the end of our journey it is Ushā alone who shows us from within Herself the fullness of Shiva. So, She is not only the means but also the ends in many ways."

I hope this will be of some help.

KT
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Dreams does not have to mean anything...They are also means to remove some karma at a subtle level....you dont see anything new in the dreams, its just the karma samskaraas that are written at various levels along the 70k jnana nadis the Jiva sees while you are in 2nd state i.e dream state....dreams cause u happiness or sadness so either way some of punya/papa is removed. 3rd state of dreams is sushupti where the jiva comes to bhagavan and stays with him/it where it experiences unbound happiness

Namaste AksharaSai,

First, welcome to HDF.

You mention your dreams come in early morning and you are told that now is the best time to worship. I cannot speak for all Shaiva linneages and teachings, but most of my learning so far has states that one of the best times to worship Lord Shiva is in early morning hours, before and during dawn.

I tend to agree with Kalicharan Tuvijji that the lady you see who grows weak is Usha - Dawn. The time is ripe, before and during her hours, and then it passes.

This is not to say that you can't worship Shiva at any other time and that worship wouldn't be effective, but there are certain times that are most conducive to specific energy and anything you do can be more amplified and/or there are fewer obstacles in the way of your prayers and worship.

I've found over the last year, as I have been working on changing the time I go to sleep and the time I waken for pre-dawn sadhana, there have been times I've been afraid I wouldn't be able to wake, for various reasons. If before I sleep I pray and ask for help to make sure I wake up, I always seem to wake at the right time without an alarm to help. I could be heavily asleep til that moment, too. What I'm suggesting here is that in your dream you are told now is the best time to worship in the hope of a specific result. So perhaps you have been asking, even if subconsciously, for when is the best time to worship for fulfillment of your need. If so, this may be your answer.

Any dream or spiritual experience can always be explained/rationalized by science or psychology. What matters is what you think. What do you feel is the reason and message here? Be honest with yourself. When you find that, it is probably the truth.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste

Once I "saw" that my cousin whom I hadn't met or thought of for quite some time, was talking to me and she looked very weak and kept fainting. A few days later my aunt (her mother) said she had to take some treatment for diabetic illness, but she is fine now.

My point is, whatever the OP's intuition tells her -- it could be someone close to her, but that is not a reason to get scared. First we are grateful to paramAtmA for giving is the heads-up, suchak swapna, and it could be just a sign of taking more care, or watching out.

Please don't get scared though. The more we surrender, the more the Lord protects all ours. The attitude should be -- He knows what is bestr for us. Leave it to providence.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya

P.S. on the sister-thread of this thread (by the same OP, same topic), I suggested that Devi is asking them to build a temple of Shiva. A temple does not necessarily mean a huge structure spending large amount of money.

A temple can be built

* in your heart (made of sankalpa - resolve)
    * in your home (an area or a room dedicated for the Lord)
    * in a small cube-like area in the community
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Hello,

Can anyone suggest what my dream interpret?
    1. I saw for the 1st time a shivling in my dreams few days back. It was made of Mitthi(Sand). it showed 3 faces carved on 3 sides as i could see and only the round part was seen of the shivling. It was inside a very old ancient temple. I did not go inside but as i went on the right side of the temple i could see the ling diagonally on the left side inside. then i went to the left side so Shivling went on the right side. i dont understand what does that mean? Also i saw a Nandi statue at the entrance which was quite big in size as compared to the ShivLing.

2. In the other dream I saw a normal size shivling with the snake made of silver as it is generally found in Temples. And then someone came and just lifted the top of the Ling and told me to see inside the Ling. I saw four holes but couldnt see anything inside that he was trying to show me and I woke up.

Please help me in this interpretation. It is for the 1st time ever that i have got a dream of God although i am not an ardent follower of Lord Shiva. Am very curious to interpret it. I want to know his indication.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

SAINEHA

Thread Information