Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is God for the rich* or powerful* or both or dead alone?

is God for the rich* or powerful* or both or dead alone?

Namaste

I had been reading posts that discuss love for deities. Beggar near the temple or people undergoing hardship can't understand or wont appreciate love for deities. For a beggar food shelter and hide are precious than love for God.
    So is God for the rich* or powerful* or both or dead or sages alone? Surrendering without expectation is ascetic, isn't it?

** It doesn't matter how one become rich or powerful.

## This question was asked by a poor person near the temple I visit regularly. I had no answer....
    Anirudh...

Re: is God for the rich* or powerful* or both or dead alone?

Dear Anirudh.,

God is for those who want Him! He is always there for everyone though!

It doesn't matter whether you are rich or powerful or beautiful....but until you seek or unless you seek, its just YOU who is not going to see God!

So, the question is good as it is seeking Him but let it be with no prejudice!

Hare Krshna!

Quote Originally Posted by Anirudh View Post
    Namaste

I had been reading posts that discuss love for deities. Beggar near the temple or people undergoing hardship can't understand or wont appreciate love for deities. For a beggar food shelter and hide are precious than love for God.
    So is God for the rich* or powerful* or both or dead or sages alone? Surrendering without expectation is ascetic, isn't it?

** It doesn't matter how one become rich or powerful.

## This question was asked by a poor person near the temple I visit regularly. I had no answer....

Namaste Grames ji

I am not whining but scores of people are toiling like the one I referred. Do you say they wouldnt have sought divine help?

The flower seller near the temple says temple doesn't object but she has to bribe every day to continue her business. A road side pani poori seller has to give 10 per day to stay there.

Why wouldnt God fix it up? Why Karma applies only to poor and weak while EVIL growing from strengths to strengths ?
    Anirudh...

Dear Anirudh.,

Its a profound question - why wouldn't God fix my current affairs! If you know the answer, you won't ask the question and if you don't know the answer, there is no convincing answer. But, have you ever wondered...

WHAT IF GOD HAS MADE EVERYTHING PERFECT HERE IN OUR LIVES? NO EVIL, NO DISAPPOINTMENT, NO JEALOUSY, NO FIGHTS, NO OLD AGE, NO DISEASE, NO DEATH....

For some good reason, it is not done here - looks like the way how the live runs here looks planned the way how it is.

Does it trigger any thoughts - let me know if you can find the answer for your question!

Hare Krshna

Dear Friend,

A few questions for you before further discussions....

- The flower seller near the temple says temple doesn't object but she has to bribe every day to continue her business. A road side pani poori seller has to give 10 per day to stay there.

Why wouldnt God fix it up? Why Karma applies only to poor and weak while EVIL growing from strengths to strengths ?

- What makes you think that the flower seller and the pani poori seller are "not reaping the results of their previous bad karma"?

- Could it be that the flower seller took bribe from innocent people in her previous janma?
    OR
    could it be that she is innocent and some evil person is committing bad karma by taking bribe from her?

please think it over....the questions you have put actually arises in all those good people who are confused by the adharma happening around....discussion on this topic will be a very lengthy one as its a very deep subject...

Dear friend ,
    everything boils down to one thing , that the experience of karmic dues are one and the same for all.The flower seller's bad karma or the beggar's bad karma is getting reflected in their present plight.Similarly the good karma done by the rich and powerful is getting paid back No body can escape the karmic dues . Agami karma can be stopped by realising the consequences . Sanchitha karma done but not not yet started fructifying can be altered by remedial measures . But prarabda karma is like an arrow let out and can never be changed . But , for everything there an exception . Great souls can burn the seeds of karma . The very fact that we are making rounds in the forums makes it clear that we have not yet reached that stage .NOW the point is bad karma gives bad results and good karma gives good results . The only thing we have to understand is that we are facing what we have done .

Namaste!
    I also feel like that when I see or hear something like that but when I share it or when time pass I had become normal, if we look around there is too much sorrow, problems are in everyone's life no one is perfectly happy, some have lack of money, some have lack of food, shelter, health, intellect, love...etc
    Not only human we can also think that, ohh look at this insect why it has so small life and there is no pleasure in life of insect, what about plant he can't talk, walk isn't he is in problem? If we think deep there is much more things but we will not get anything by complaining to god, as we don't know what is in mind of god, we cannot see past, present and future (trikaldarshi) like god, we are not sarvagya (all-knowing) like god...
    We can't understand his divine play... Then why we should think on it if its not in our hand..
    Then what is in our hand? We can improve us (as we can't change others) and make our strength stronger and stronger much more stronger than evil and then help those who need you, god always guide us if our will is good.
    But this questions are genuine for good person as sanathandharma ji said, when we see such things, we always in that mood of confusion that why this is happening and hence can't think appropriately as yesterday I made one thread in that mood but now I can think properly over it...
    -pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Ya saswathy ji are right, karma is very important.....
    No one can run from its fruit either good or bad (except great souls)...
    Pranam
    Aasato ma sat gamay
    tamaso ma jotirgamay
    mrityorma amrutamgamay
    (Bring me from asat to sat, bring me from darkness (ignorance) to light (knowledge), bring me from death to immortality)
    Om Namah Shivay
    Om Vishnave Namah

Namaste

Thank you all for sharing your views. However, the question remain unanswered for the following reasons.

It is not possible to list out all of the characteristics of Bhagwaan, so for the purpose of tangible result from this discussion let me limit it to righteousness.

In the present worldly life there is no motivation to opt righteous choices. Invariably person who opts righteous choices is shunned by the world around. While lifespan itself is temporary, it is important to create permanence with in that temporal period. Food shelter and hide are not luxury but recurring essential needs of this temporal period. Because it is scarce and the exact needed quantity is unknown, more will always be insufficient.

Leading a righteous life doesn't fetch essentials to all, while the rich and powerful can get a steady supply. When a person is relatively free from the daily pull to make the ends to meet, has more time delve on God. Also a dead doesn't need the essentials, so it can lead a righteous life from the moment it attains death.

The theory of Karma too doesn't hold good. If the present situation is due to past actions then one is not entitled to correct the course of action as such an attempt is illegal. Assume you or your loving one is suffering, by applying that yard stick of Karma one shouldn't take measures to alleviate the sufferings. But what do we do?

My logical mind finally boils down to something like this. Do what ever it takes accrue wealth or power because one brings the other. Filter out activities that fit you and practise it until it doesn't turn too hot for you.

I am not talking atheism or hurting anyone here, it is my baby step to understand the one who I believe exist with me.
    Anirudh...

Dear friend ,
    once we understand that we are responsible for our deeds we take care not to commit mistakes which hurt other's interest . That automatically leads to righteous behavior .This realsation reduces bitterness and helplessness .The very fact that we sowed the seed of bad karma encourages us not to go in a wrong way . If we go through our scriptures , ithihasas ,puranas etc it is very clear that in many cases those heros met larger than life mis happenings and sorrows . Only wicked people or thamasic people tried to take revenge . Real heros took everything in their stride .Whwen we see suffering around us we have to act in positive way and try to reach out to them in a small measure even . If it is not possible to go very far at least we can give solace , by our words of empathy and friendliness .The belief in karma theory makes us to give moral support to those who are in misery .Rich and powerful people overlook this fact and wallow in self glory , pride , and prejudice which would lead them to bigger fall .

Thread Information