Thread: Coming Home?

Coming Home?

Namaste,

I notice some members take a long break from HDF before returning. I am curious how is it like when you come back to post on HDF after a long time.

What does it feel like when you come back?
    Just curious.
    satay

Re: Coming Home?

To me, HDF always felt like 'Satsang'. There is no other site that focuses so much on spirituality, nor has a good collection of spiritually-minded members.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

namaste Satay.

The first thing I noticed was that EM and Yajvan--among other members--are consistently active (what about TTA and Atanu?), that they are moderators, and that I have missed a lot. I need to go through threads and posts, devoting some time daily.

Thank you,.

Regards,
    saidevo

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste,

I notice some members take a long break from HDF before returning. I am curious how is it like when you come back to post on HDF after a long time.

Just curious.
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Namaste Sai,

Welcome back! Yes, indeed EM, Yajvan and Devotee have graciously been helping with moderation activity.

Indeed HDF goes through a cycle of activity and quiet time, like a sadhaka it craves for knowledge, gets it then quiets down for internal contemplation.

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    namaste Satay.

The first thing I noticed was that EM and Yajvan--among other members--are consistently active (what about TTA and Atanu?), that they are moderators, and that I have missed a lot. I need to go through threads and posts, devoting some time daily.

Thank you,.

Regards,
    saidevo
    satay

Hari Om

Namaste,

In my view, took two hiatuses. The first coming back was significant. When started on HDF was pure beginner on social networking. With this and other things, was connection for me on personal level. These were real relationships to me to degree that perhaps social media is not meant for.

When came back many things had changed. Probably over half of those interacted with closely had ceased or reduced their contact here. Secondly and only theory, with shutting of Abrahamic discussions (believe was great decision) seemed like for whatever reasons other discussions changed as well. Less animus, but less something else as well. Ineffable???

Between the two times, then find more and more SD people within surrounding area to meet with and share with things in person. This absolutely would not have occurred without HDF.

Also during this time probably looked in at HDF more then when regularly interacted. This became so beneficial. One huge take away was appreciation for many things and much learning in silence. For those who post, YajvanJi, JaiJi, yourself, SaidevoJi (good to see sharing today), DevotteeJi was continuing of good for me. The time of observance saw deep appreciation for BelieverJi which would not have seen without real life interaction as well as silent observance. He in particular feel still embarrassment about how reacted to in this venue of writing.

When came back second time, just found after period of observance, not much to add to conversations. This is compliment to HDF in intent. If something is very good, just appreciate.

After this actually still check in much from wherever may be. Still hesitate to post, as what to add. Still most self conscious on social media as do not think I articulate thoughts well. Do not wish to further offend. Posted twice recently on subject with inquiry and then wonder, did this not make sense or was it seen as offensive.

To continue probably for too long, the time before first break, your posting on younger time with school bus incidents and on losing people within our SD context, you all being there when my mother passed over, compliments and encouragement on my clunky poetry, BelieverJi and JaiJis flat out encouragement, YajvanJi's guidance, and DevoteeJi's gentle friendship, and the others who do not post from first time though, were some of most special times in this present journey. Also, my Bhai, would not have met without this first go around.

Thanks.

Om Namah Shivaya

FFTW

Namaste Ji,

I like Virajaji's choice of words, it is very like Satsang. More even than the Satsang I go to weekly, because here almost everything is in a language I'm fluent in and so it feels more inclusive to me - though I am working to continue to learn Hindi.

This is a place I have learned so much, from archives and shared links to discussions between members and some direct interaction, it's like an online Temple community where you can go and learn what you need today, or just simply talk.

I've had several hiatuses, some total and prolonged and some small and partial. I find that practicing daily on top of work and life sometimes doesn't leave me the time to come online as much as I used to. I don't feel a loss at all. But it is very nice, and comforting, to come back here and see familiar people as well as meet new ones.

Thank you for this great online meeting place, Satayji, and Mods.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste Satay ji,
    Some may not post for long times, but may still be active by reading the posts daily!

Btw, I notice that Yajvan ji hasn't posted anything this year. hope everything is fine at his end.

namaste,
    Yes, Yajvan is on a break from posting. Sort of a vitual mauna...

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Namaste Satay ji,

Some may not post for long times, but may still be active by reading the posts daily!

Btw, I notice that Yajvan ji hasn't posted anything this year. hope everything is fine at his end.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    Namaste,

Just curious.
    Namaste Satay bhai,

For me when I am introvert, I am not active online. But when mind is not 100 % introvert, and so it needs an emotional outlet, I prefer to stay connected with God by engaging myself in spiritual activities and at times sharing my info with others, which is mostly here on HDF or at times on religious forums if there is interesting thread ... and it feels good to be back

If I take things positively, HDF helps me in an indirect way. I learned to restrain myself and have decided not to cross a boundary while discussing with others. Discussions on HDF made me read many shastras, and upanishads and I went on to create a website. One day everything got whitewashed from my head and I was back to normal I felt peaceful and since then I spend very little time reading shastras. Sometimes I decide to write something on my website or to reply to someone, but due to time constraint I cannot reply immediately, but when I return back, I forget what I had decided to write and I do not have an urge to write something and just stay neutral.

HDF is a good platform if we use it as a tool and not gets dragged into debates, which was once happening here before couple of years. After some experience, and due to regular meditation, and by the grace of Guru and God, after some time of engaging in debates, I didnt get impulsive to write and my emotions do not provoke me to write instantly. Most of the time I do not get hurt if I see what doesn't fit my ideology.

OTOH, if we drag outselves and pour our heart and soul into discussion and if we do not have the answer, we spend sleepless nights to find some material to reply, then we drain our energy and get exhausted. When this happens frequently, it's too much to absorb and our sleep gets affected. It is this time that one should altogether stop all kinds of online activities and take a compulsory break. If one is not meditating, then it may take more time to come back to normal.

Even this experience if taken positively will teach us (though in a negative way by mental suffering) that anything in excess is poison and that we must not let ourselves get dragged into intense discussions but spend more time in chanting God's name. It once happened to me, but I didnt discontinue, but controlled myself and focussed more on meditation. By the grace of Guru and God, my surrender increased upto a point that not much negative would touch my heart. It was this experience that helped me, thanks to HDF. After that I left HDF for some time and one fine day, while searching for something in free time something catches my attention and I am back

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste,

Usually when I end up on HDF, I am going through a spiritually inspired period, a full battery even,...when this fades, so does activity on HDF, even though fundamental spiritual practices in my daily life continue,
    ''Coming home'' is a apt analogy, it is not that I consciously return to HDF when spiritual inspiration sparks again, or when I have ''recharged'' my batteries, it is simply that I am lead here organically when this cycle begins again...

I can compare it to the cyclical nature of many things that permeate nature. The intensity of spirituality flickers, but the foundation, the seed, remains intact in all fluctuations.

Thread Information