Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share your experience if you have been to Mathrua-Vrindavan

Share your experience if you have been to Mathrua-Vrindavan

Dear friends,

Has anyone of you visited Mathura Vrindavan ? If yes, please share your experiences and also suggestions for people who want to go there first time.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Re: Share your experience if you have been to Mathrua-Vrindavan

Jai Shri KRshNa, Devoteeji

I shall merely stick to being your tour guide.

First, Recommended places to visit:

1. Banke Bihari ji
    2. Nidhivan and the Rang Mahal inside, Swami Haridas ji samadhi
    3. Vrindavan Bihariji Mandir (next to Nidhivan). Don’t miss my KAnhu’s Baby hand in the tree in the yard – hold it.
    4. Chir haran KAnhA on a tree (open-air) across Yamuna at KAlyiA ghAt -- where there are boat rides. Here you will see turtles on shore. KRshNa showed Himself to Ma Yashoda in a turtle’s mouth, when He was deep inside the doha fighting with KAliyA.
    5. KAliyA – KrshNa mandir between Vrindavan Bihariji and Chir haraN KAnhA
    6. Kesi ghaat
    7. Belvan
    8. Ranganathji Mandir (SonekA KhambA) – the Ranganath here is amazingly beautiful, behind this mandir in the same campus/compound, please do visit kaach ka mandir – a small place – here you will find a life size Baal KRshNa sleeping in a swing and you can swing Him. Ask someone/your guide when at the Rangnathji mandir about this one. You have to walk out in the back yard, and turn left in an alley to get there. It is all on the same grounds.
    9. KRshNa-praNAmI mandir – beautiful , also called kaanch ka mandir. Coloured glass etchings of Radha KRshNa and all Vraj vasi leela. This mandir is special – there is no mUrti of Radha KRshNa – the altar has the Yugal-Kishore’s mukut (crown – KRshNa’s and Radha’s), and KRshNa’s Flute. That’s it.
    10. Of Course, KRshNa-Balram MAndir (ISKCON), Try attending mid-morning kirtan and bhog arati at noon. Evening Gaurarti and kirtan as always. On Sunday there is Prasad in Balram hall at 3 pm.
    11. All mandirs by the 6 Goswamis – Radha-MadanMohan, RadhaRamaN (svayambhU), Radha-GokuLAnanda (Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's pUjya Govardhan Shila here), Radha-DAmodar, GovindDev, Shyamanandji (Radha-Shyamsundar)
    12. Jiv Goswami Samadhi
    13. Dauji Mandir
    14. PREM Mandir (by Barsana Dham – JKP – Jagatguru Kripaluji Maharaj) –MUST VISIT. Breathtaking Radha KRshNa on swing. Walk into their house ... the tall and beautiful Yugal Kishore... I will not describe anything , amazing Mandir.
    15. VaishNo devi mandir (inside -- a tall Subhadra as the devi and the most adorable natkhat Bal Krishna next to Sis – on my first visit I did not expect Him to be there and you should have seen the laugh on His face at my surprise.)

Outside Vrindavan
    16. Govardhan - parikrama and mandir
    17. Radha-kund – out of the chor world of the gwals into the world of the sakhis. Sawariya, aja, aja kanhai tuze radha hai pukare muze kyon tarsaye, bhul gaya tu vada…

18. GokuL – Life size Baal KRshNa – you can hold Him, hug Him all you want. Then chaurAsi khambe across (84 pillars built by Vishvakarma)
    19. MathurA mandir – birthplace of Shri KRshNa
    20. Nandagaon - home where Shri KRshNa ran and walked – get some fresh makhan in a dron-cup for Him as you climb up to the mandir. See the pastures down the hill for Nanda maharaj’s 9 lakh cows
    21. Barsana – Radha’s haveli and mandir on a hill. . For the Gopis – get the instant foot mehendi outside Radharani’s haveli and get into the mood. Even men who are gopis – don’t be shy.
    22. Lakshmi Mandir just outside Vrindavan, Get khichaDi Prasad.
    23. GaruD Govind Mandir -- ChhatikarA (ancient, built by VajranAbh , KRshNa's great grandson)

Keep a day for 16, 17,19 ,
    a day for 20, 21 ,
    an evening for 14,15
    combine 8,9 together (old part of town) or whichever way you choose to group the places. 8 is also close to 2 and several others.
    and visit 18 - GokuL on the way back home and if possible squeeze in 22,23, (at least 23) on the way out of Vrindavan.

Don’t blame me later if you need an extra day becs you came back for 2,3,4 the next day – just by yourself – free of anyone over your shoulder just you and Him.

In the first trip I stole Bal KRshNa from Vraj (GokuL to be precise).
    In the second trip 4 years later all arranged by Him, it was His turn. I was telling Banke Bihari lal -- tu itna na kariyo shringaar, nazar tuze kag jayegi. He welcomed in style. With a maha-laddu & streams of teertha, then He stole my slip-on shoes and made my secret wish of walking barefoot in Vraj come true (so it got officially sanctioned by the Lord Himself -- If He can argue about going barefoot because His cows do too, I can argue about going barefoot because my ShyAmsundar does too). So, 5+ days barefoot everywhere, on the last day, barefoot all the way to Radha Kund, when taxi stopped � km away, barefoot Radha ki galiyan me , till the Sakhis finally got me simple slippers on the way back from the kund.
    He also arranged for attending the " accidentally discovered " bhagvat katha by RadhaKrshNaMaharaj (Nimbarki, nani baino mayro) for exactly 2 days -- day1 -- KRshNa janma, day2 -- Radha-KRshNa vivAha procession! Of all the topics in Bhagvat, He chose these on these 2 days - my last 2 days in Vrindavan trip2.
    Also, after day1 of 2,3,4,5 on day2 I saw a group of devotees walking and kirtaning. Asked them where are you going? Vraj parikrama! Can I join? Yes of couse They were from my hometown, spoke my mother tongue. That took care of 1,11,12,14. This was no accident either. Arrangement courtesy Tribhanga-lalita Govinda.

So,Hari takes the luxury called footwear away (gives you that spiritual experience) and Radha replaces the loss with comfortable soft slippers.
    Radhe KRshNa Radhe Shyam!

What saubhagya – I was at Radha Kund on new yrs eve (Dec 31) when a great swamiji there was having his annual grand festival – baskets of fruits were being offered all along the kund steps to the Radha KrshNa in lotus at center of the lake – I joined the followers in arranging some baskets of oranges and guavas. It was truly blissful.

SawariyA ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now comes the practical part for the embodied beings that we are --

By train: from a city in Bharat to Dehli, Dehli to Mathura junction. Bus or rickshaw to Chhatikara.
    Buses: From Dehli bus terminal Sarai Kale Khan, you can get a Mathura-bound bus to Chhatikara every half hour.
    From Dehli airport: Taxi into Vrindavan takes a minimum of 3 hours.

Stay: There are hotels like Shubham, Krishna, Nidhivan… and then there are ashrams – VaishNo-devi guest house, Balaji Ashram, Folga Ashram, Jagannath Mandir Ashram, and ISKCON MVT (Mayapur Vrindavan trust) … also some dharmashalas. Many options. Online booking possible with some.

Some hotels serve ultra-spicy food (but vegetarian no-onion-garlic). Govinda's inside KRshNa-Balram Mandir is very good – not spicy, reasonable and it is KRshNa Prasad.

Recommend staying on the Bhaktivedanta Marg (fondly named after Shrila PRabhupad) – the road that brings you into Vrindavan from ChhatikarA / Mathura highway, somewhere between KRshNa BalrAm Mandir (ISKCON) and Banke Bihari Mandir. VaishNo-Devi Mandir guest house is also very good but you will be a bit far away from the central Vrindavan locations.

http://www.pilgrimageindia.net/hindu...vrindavan.html
    http://www.iskconvrindavan.com/visitPlace
    http://www.purebhakti.com/arriving-i...govardhan.html
    Last edited by smaranam; 09 March 2015 at 07:06 AM. Reason: RADHA-GOKULANANDA ; Sarai Kale Khan bus terminal ; all surprises were plans courtesy GovindaMukundaGhanashyAm
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Thanks, Smaranam ! You have prepared a great helpful guide to Mathura-Vrindavan tour !!

OM

You are very welcome

P.S. Forgot to mention that HanumAnJi (who is always watching over at such teerthas) --- some members of His gang, made several attempts to snatch my purse (giving blessings in return) and I am glad that HanumAnJi Himself succcessfully snatched away my fruit bag (an orange and an apple) at the Kaliya-ghat --- Vrindavan Bihariji --- Chir-haran KanahA spot (most pavitra, outside Nidhivan). He wanted a share of Shri Ram's prasad, fair enough. I am happy to let Him have it except it was just some fruit I was carrying as fuel for the day, not officially prasad as such.

So yes, watch out for Hanumanji's gang. Do not leave cameras, handbags, packed prasad, footwear, sunglasses... in open locations. Hold on to the purses close to the heart -- remember we are embodied and need the purse.
    And don't call them "monkeys" or "bandar"
    Last edited by smaranam; 08 March 2015 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    P.S. Forgot to mention that HanumAnJi (who is always watching over at such teerthas) --- some members of His gang, made several attempts to snatch my purse (giving blessings in return) and I am glad that HanumAnJi Himself succcessfully snatched away my fruit bag (an orange and an apple) at the Kaliya-ghat --- Vrindavan Bihariji --- Chir-haran KanahA spot (most pavitra, outside Nidhivan). He wanted a share of Shri Ram's prasad, fair enough. I am happy to let Him have it except it was just some fruit I was carrying as fuel for the day, not officially prasad as such.

So yes, watch out for Hanumanji's gang. Do not leave cameras, handbags, packed prasad, footwear, sunglasses... in open locations. Hold on to the purses close to the heart -- remember we are embodied and need the purse.
    And don't call them "monkeys" or "bandar"

Yes. While browsing on net for hotels and other information, I got this message strongly. At a few places it was recommended to take rooms which are not facing the road to avoid Hanuman-troubles" !

OM

Dear Devotee and Smaranam.,

This is very informative and also sweetest content Thank you to both of you! Going to Store it in my drive for my future travel plans!

Hare Krshna!

Namaste,

It should be noted that the narrow main road in Vrindavan can become very crowded in the evening. In our last trip there, it took about 30 minutes just to pass through the stretch in front of the Prem Mandir. After that the road was closed by the police shortly before reaching the ISKCON mandir and the traffic was being diverted to side streets. So, the travel into the Vrindavan central area can be very tedious and slow in the evening hours. If there are time constraints on the duration of the trip, private taxis can be hired in Delhi to speed things up. All the hotels have special sleeping areas for taxi drivers who bring the pilgrims/tourists to their hotels. Vaishno Devi mandir has the cleanest and most expensive accommodations but it is the farthest from the central area.

Pranam.

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Namaste,

It should be noted that the narrow main road in Vrindavan can become very crowded in the evening.

Pranam.
    Yes, that's what I recall as well. Aside from the crowded narrow streets Vrindavan is such a peaceful place that it is hard to describe in words. It is a powerhouse for your mental peace.
    satay

Yes I have been to Vrindavan.

I went to many temples.

But it was Banke Bihari Temple that is special to me. Because I have one little stone from the actual wall of that temple (from the right rear outside wall).

I also have dust from Vrindavan from that temple.

In Matura, and honestly I cannot recall the name of the temple but it was very small, there is a marble tile with my name and date carved into it that is among the tiles of that small little temple.

The first time I was in Vrindavan, many decades ago, I purchased my ISKCON Life Membership, and the little card marked as from Vrindavan. At that time, my Life Membership only cost me 1,000 rupees.

Today, that would only be $16 dollars.

Thread Information