Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Share your experience if you have been to Mathrua-Vrindavan

Re: Share your experience if you have been to Mathrua-Vrindavan

Sorry, GramesJi, there was an edit after you posted --- I meant to say Radha-GokuLAnanda not Radha-Gopinath. How could I have missed that considering, that MahAprabhU (Chaitanya) 's personal pUjya (worshippable) Govardhan Shila is on Radha-GokuLAnanda's altar today.

(This is for those who do not know the story -- Mahaprabhu used to wear this Shila around His neck and when he cried pools of tears "Ha Krishna, ha krishno " the tears drenched the shila . He later gave the Shila to one of the followers (I thought that was the renounced young Raghunath Das Goswami) when He was in Puri.. (many followers got some token or symbol of love when they had to seperate from him on his order.).

So, might as well get this straight

Archa-Vigraha (Deity form) <---------------> PujArI (devotee who worshiped the deity)
    ------------------------- <---------------> -----------------------------
    1. RadhaRamaN (svayambhU - self-manifested) <------------------> GopAL Bhatta GoswAmi
    2. Radha MadanMohan <-----------> Sanatan Goswami
    3. Radha-Damodar <-------> Installed by Rup Goswami who handed them to Jiva Goswami (nephew-disciple) on KRshNa's order (Shrila PrabhupAd lived and wrote his Shrimad BhAgvatam commentary in a room in this temple.)
    4. Radha-GokuLAnanda <-----------> Vishwanath Chakravarti Thakur
    5. Radha-Vinod <--------------> Loknath Swami (guru of Narottam)
    6. Vijaya Govinda < --------------> Baldev VidyAbhUshaN
    7. Radha (installed) Shyamsundar (self-manifest) <-----------> ShyAmAnand Prabhu

jay jay rAdhA-ramaNa hari bol, jai jai rAdhA-ramaNa hari bol ~
    _/\_
    Last edited by smaranam; 14 March 2015 at 08:07 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

...Whereas, the Damodar of Radha-Damodar that Rup Goswami carved on Shri KRshNa's request, was

Feet of MadanMohan + Chest & Arms of Gopinath + Face of Govinddev

How did GovindDev ji manifest? See "Legend" in this link
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govind_Dev_Ji_Temple
    When VajranAbh asked his grandmother "What did Krishna look like?" and he tried creating images, the 1st image (Madan Mohan) she said -- only the feet look like Krishna's
    the 2nd image (Gopinath) --- the chest is like Krishna's . The 3rd image (GovindaDev) -- she covered her face with her veil in answer implying "yes this is Him" i.e. the mUrti is exactly like Krishna.

This GovindDevji mUrti is therefore known as VajrakRt (krut/krit) i.e. created by VajranAbha, the great grandson of Shri KRshNa.

How kind of You to hear a simple request and show, point the way to Your svarUpa. Off to JaipUr ... to see You with open eyes, not closed
    Last edited by smaranam; 02 October 2015 at 01:18 PM. Reason: EDIT in orange
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Namaste Smaranam,

I have two full days in Mathura Vrindavan (I will take a taxi from Delhi itself which will be with me for the entire period till I get back to Delhi, so expect to reach Mathura early in the morning, may be by 7:00 Hrs) with third day for returning back to Delhi by road. I have to reach Delhi by 17.00 hrs. My tentative plan is to stay in Mathura for the first night, second in Vrindavan at night (both stay will be near the main temples). I think to start with Gokul- Mathura first day and Vrindavan the next day. Not yet decided on third day when I shall leave Vrindavan. I am willing to see Radha Kund near Govardhan but it is not necessary if that proves too hectic because in my opinion, it is important that in spiritual places there is no hurry in mind otherwise you miss the "spiritual feel" of the place.

What do you suggest ? Should I keep Govardhan in my itinerary or plan it some other time ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Namaste

I agree that the trip should not be hurried or like "sight seeing". Always been my first pri. Frankly 2.5 days is not enough and I did not go everywhere in one trip either. My second trip was KRshNa-prasAd and 1 week long, but it doesn't have to be. You will go back again. Certainly.

I would suggest

Plan A
    DAY 1 Mathura Gokul and reach Vrindavan by 4 pm on day1. Visit Prem Mandir and VaishNo Devi on this day
    DAY2 Mangala aarati at Banke Bihari, Radha RamaN, Radha Damodar, *Nidhivan* Vrindavan Bihari, Kaliya ghat, Kesi ghat lunch break Govinda Dev, Ranganath Mandir KRshNa praNAmi mandir KRshNa-BalarAm mandir
    DAY3 Govardhan and back. Leave for Govardhan at 6 am sharp.

Plan B

DAY2 spilled over on Day 3 and skip Goverdhan

You can see how it goes. I think plan A is doable.

NEXT TRIP
    Nandagaon Barsana Radha Kunda Shyam Kunda and no Gokul Mathura.
    Goswami Mandirs, Banke Bihari Nidhivan

There, I planned the second trip for you

he nAtha nArAyaNa vAsudeva ~

Namaste Smaranam,

Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post

I would suggest

Plan A
    DAY 1 Mathura Gokul and reach Vrindavan by 4 pm on day1. Visit Prem Mandir and VaishNo Devi on this day
    DAY2 Mangala aarati at Banke Bihari, Radha RamaN, Radha Damodar, *Nidhivan* Vrindavan Bihari, Kaliya ghat, Kesi ghat lunch break Govinda Dev, Ranganath Mandir KRshNa praNAmi mandir KRshNa-BalarAm mandir
    DAY3 Govardhan and back. Leave for Govardhan at 6 am sharp.

Plan B

DAY2 spilled over on Day 3 and skip Goverdhan

You can see how it goes. I think plan A is doable.

Thanks a lot ! I will try for plan A but in case it fails for any reason, thanks for plan B !

NEXT TRIP
    Nandagaon Barsana Radha Kunda Shyam Kunda and no Gokul Mathura.
    Goswami Mandirs, Banke Bihari Nidhivan

There, I planned the second trip for you
    Thank you very much ! With Bhagwan Krishna's grace, if I can go again ... sure !!

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information