Thread: Study Vaishnavism-Bagavatham in tamil

Study Vaishnavism-Bagavatham in tamil

Respected Sir,

My name is Ramamoorthi from Tiruchirapalli.My brother introduced Srimad Bagavath Githa of Srila Prabupatha.Once i started reading that my search on Vaishnavism increased more!As i search on Internet about that i found Srimad Bagavatham another treasure. Also i very much moved toward the I heard some of the discourse on srimad bagavatham by Velukkudi Sri.U.Ve.Krishnan Swami sir!Instatly i bought srimad bagavatham by Srila Prabupatha trnslated in tamil.

After that i wish to learn and hear more about vaishnavism in Tamil i am sure Sri Vaishnavism,Nalayira Divya Prabandham gives me lot of comfort and peace for me and my search on life.I find lot of study material in pdf format and audio.Some times i am confused where to start and finish!But i wish to learn in systematic manner to enjoy krishna.

Sir Please suggest me Is there is any course on Srimad Bhagavatham(Tamil),Nalayira Divya Prabandham.I am not a Brahmin by birth and i wish to be a Vaishnava till death.Can Non-Brahmin can learn Vaishnavism?

I don't have any questions to post.Instead i am started surprising about krishna and his lilas..at least i should enjoy the srimad bagavatham before death in this body.

Please help me !

Re: Study Vaishnavism-Bagavatham in tamil

Where have all the Shri VaishNav gone? We had some very good & knowlegable Tamil speaking Shri VaishNav here, and we fortunately have some even today --- they are just hiding. Hi VirajaJi

Ramuduji, first of all welcome to HDF

I like your earnestness and determination that is the fodder for ruchi.

You know what is funny? You speak TamiL, have the skills to understand the 4000+ Nalayira Divya Prabandham, (I have seen the tradition of a guru in a Balaji Mandir teaching this divya prabandham to a group in the afternoon after bhog-arti)

I on the other hand, am waiting for Sri.U.Velukkudi Krishnan Swami to finish publishing this very same masterpiece in English (as he has promised). It may be out for sale already, in very few cities though. When I asked some Shri VaishNav they said it is expected to be ready by December 2014. So it must be there now.

All I can say is keep diving deeper and deeper into the divya prabandhams and when the time is right the guru will walk up to you. This is not just said because everyone says it. It is real anubhav. The Guru walks up to you when you have the slightest clue.

Also, do not be restricted to just the study of divya prabandhams. Read and study the bhAgvatam systematically, in sequence without skipping chapters, cantos or topics. This can be done slowly over a long period. Take notes.

After that I recommend doing a Rutu-pArAyaN (read bhagvat in a 2 month, i,e, 60 day period). If you are willing to look up references in Hindi or English, the Bhagvat by Geeta Press has in the end, a system for how to do the parayan and which chapters to read on which day for a variety of parayan combinations -- depending on the sankalpa (motive). Your parayan should be nishkAm (with no desires or expectations), and after the 60 days (the rutu), read Vishnusahasranama and Geeta on the closing day.

See the difference in yourself. You will surely find your Guru.

Plus if you live in South India, you must have access to pravachan by this and other swamis, so I do not see any problem.

Every moment for KAnnan no wasting time while waiting for guru

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya ~
    Last edited by smaranam; 10 March 2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: name
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Vanakkam Ji,

Thanks for the valuable suggestion.It is true.Srimad Bagavatham should be read without skipping any canto in between.I started reading bagavatham just two months back.It is purely about the absolute truth about lord krishna.i do not read any slogas but will read only the meaning and explanation of Srila prabupatha Ji!

As for as my search on Internet(which is limited)The only way is "reading" books to live with bagavatam.I guess?!it is very hard to design a course for bagavatham.Because i understand that it is already designed for people who can serve for krishna by surrendering to him

From my yesterdays search I found some regular courses for Divya Prabandham offered by University of madras.

Me and most of us in India is tends/act like that we were busy.there should be some systematic approach is needed for even to learn divya prabandham.so we can stick to the time line.

So i planning to join in the course.

With Thanks
    Ramudu

Dear Smaranam ji,

Sorry, I somehow missed this post, was not cyber-active for a little while.

Smaranam ji and Ramudu ji,

There is actually a SriVaishnava course in Tamil offered by some folks through email. I saw advt. for this in the Yahoo group: SriRangaSri about 5-6 months ago. I thought of joining but then decided not for some weird reasons. It seemed a good course. I tried locating that message in the list archives but could not. I suggest Ramudu ji to post a query in that group to find out about that course, if he is interested.

Also, these following TV series by Velukkudi Krishnan Swami is all available for free viewing in Youtube:

Sanathana Dharmam
    Thiruvarangan 100
    Sri Vishnu Puranam
    Srimad Bhagavatam
    Bhakti Margam
    Kannanin Aramudhu
    108 divya desam

Also, one can learn all about Sri Vaishnavam and its acharyas in the website acharya.org. Also there is Srivaishnava.org. About 90% of the material in acharya.org is in English and also has some Tamil upanyasas/collections, etc.

If I find that list archive message, I will post it here!

Thanks,

Viraja
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

This message from the SriRangaSri yahoo group might be helpful:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/.../messages/7524

The above message gives a list of useful links on Sri Vaishnavism.

Also please see this message: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...messages/23073

This second link gives info on Thiruppallandu e-course announced on Feb, 2014.

This is the message that gives info on learning Sri Vaishnavam through the email course, that I mentioned in my previous reply:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...messages/24571

Dear Viraja Ji,

It is just two days back ,i joined HDF. When i first posted my question i am afraid that that it is worthy and fetch some answer!!!

But by the grace of lord krishna i got really valuable answers.

With Thanks
    Ramudu

Thread Information