Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade

Upgrade

Namaste,

HDF software has been upgraded successfully. The whole process took about 2 hours but the actual time is close to 8 hours including planning, dev install and post upgrade process etc. Overall everything seem to have gone smoothly.

Over the next few days I will be making further changes. There are quite a few new features for users and mods which will take some time to learn.

The look is completely different. It will take some time to get used to it.

We will need a new logo as none of the current logos match the colour scheme. If you feel creative, please go ahead and create a new logo. For now, I placed the first ever logo created for HDF. This logo was on for many years yet it too does not match with the current theme.

The articles and blogs features are turned on.

Also note the 'Mobile Style' selection at the bottom of each page. That style is optimized for viewing via smart phone or a tablet.

While typing this post, I also noted that system is 'auto saving' my post. A very good feature.

Let me know by posting on this thread if you run into or notice any issues in the days to come.

Thanks again for your patience.
    Last edited by satay; 16 March 2015 at 01:08 AM.
    satay

Re: Upgrade

Namaste Satay Ji,

The new interface appears smooth but I think it will take us some time to adjust.The shade used previously was good.Also,can you add the quote(Na hi jnanena..) from BG we used to have as the forum quote.

The auto-saving feature is cool.
    EDIT:
    If we hover on the mail type icon to the right side of a thread it is showing how many posts we wrote in that thread.If this feature is new,its nice.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste
    yes, that's what I was saying in my last post. Don't forget that we had the old format for nine years. This will take some time to get used to. I will experiment putting other logos I have that have that quote on but they don't match with the color scheme so we will need to create a new logo. I am not good at creating pictures so hoping that someone else will take the lead on that.
    satay

Namaste Satay Ji,

There was one option called posts in last 24 hrs,48 hrs,7 days,is it available now?
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Congrats Satay ji (and all of us ) for upgrading software of HDF. It will take to get used to the new layout, but it feels good and fresh.

Thanks a ton for your continuous effort to maintain HDF and giving us a platform to discuss on sanAtan dharma.

Just one thing, I do not remember the alternate domain names you have registered. If you have renewed them, please list them here. Do you require to add them in vbulletin?

Hari OM

Kind Regards
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste,

One thing I noticed

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...-a-New-Article

If you visit the above link, it points to another link, which I cannot access due to permission issues.

If anyone else facing similar problem?

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

Namaste Satayji,

Wow, awesome to have a mobile optimized view! Fantastic upgrade, thank you and all who put in so much time and work.

The mobile view does still need some work. Forums, subforums and threads are not spaced well, so you can see the first few letters of the person who made a post, but not the whole name, and not the date or time. It's all squished up and truncated.

Avatars are missing entirely from mobile view. If this can be fixed it would be helpful.

Is there any way to tweak the color scheme just a bit? In mobile view the difference in colors between a read thread and an unread one is a bit subtle. At least at first look it seems so.

Thank you all again!

~Pranam

Namaste,

Looking Good Satay!

Pranam.

Vannakkam Satay:

I like it.

Aum Namasivaya

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Ram11 View Post
    Namaste Satay Ji,

There was one option called posts in last 24 hrs,48 hrs,7 days,is it available now?
    This was not part of the software and is not a feature of the new version either. I had to create a custom query to make it work. I was able to figure out how to make it work in the new version too. Check it out at the nav bar on top, two new links for it.

Thanks,
    satay

Thread Information