Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade

Re: Upgrade

namaste
    I personally prefer the Synapse style listed there due to the kesari color in it but that's only my choice. We have no rush to change the skin but was wondering anyway. No worries about the cost.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste
    I personally prefer the Synapse style listed there due to the kesari color in it but that's only my choice. We have no rush to change the skin but was wondering anyway. No worries about the cost.
    Namaste,

Synapse style is also good. I was about to mention, but it's a little catchy. It has bold blue tone. Hence I gave other options.
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

namaste,
    a bunch of other choices...http://themeforest.net/category/forums/vbulletin
    Check it out please.
    satay

Namaste,
    I'm surprised at the poor choice of themes available for vBulletin considering how popular of a forum software it is. A lot of these themes are extremely dated visually. Not that it matters or that HDF needs to fit the bill for web 2.0/3.0 design. Though in all fairness VB has always been like this...more focused on security.

In general the ones on themeforest seem a little better, but all the ones with lighter colours seem OK. This default theme you are currently using is actually better than a lot of the ''premium'' themes on offer.

Edit : By the way Satay is there a way to rep members currently?

Hello, whichever theme you'd choose, as per my suggestion it'd be in ORANGE color .

Quote Originally Posted by IcyCosmic View Post
    Namaste,
    I'm surprised at the poor choice of themes available for vBulletin considering how popular of a forum software it is. A lot of these themes are extremely dated visually. Not that it matters or that HDF needs to fit the bill for web 2.0/3.0 design. Though in all fairness VB has always been like this...more focused on security.

In general the ones on themeforest seem a little better, but all the ones with lighter colours seem OK. This default theme you are currently using is actually better than a lot of the ''premium'' themes on offer.

Edit : By the way Satay is there a way to rep members currently?
    So did I. I found better ones, also free, here, but I still also like the present one:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forum...247&order=desc
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=314966
    Last edited by Avyaydya; 26 March 2015 at 11:08 AM.

I liked old HDF style so much... I miss it!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste Ji,

Regarding skins... I guess my first question would be what is important to the Mods and Admin here? Are you simply looking for a nice new layout, something closer to the old, or do you also want more scripting capability to play with? Some of the themes available in the second link have CSS and XHTML capability... Of those I think Pristine is the nicest, but if the layout is really the priority then I think Primus is better.

From the first link, looking only at layout, I also like Synapse, but I think element is closer to the old look. I also quite like Premium Grey - it has some nice color contrasts - and Anamorph.

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Namaste is there any reason why the words are cut in half? It is as if a line were drawn half way through the words and only the top half can be read. Is there something I can do to fix this.
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Namaste sorry my last post did not have a proper ending.
    AUM
    In whatever way people surrender unto me, I reciprocate with them accordingly.

Thread Information