Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade

Re: Upgrade

I clicked on the 'Search' function and there were 2 messages on top of the search window:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Thanks.
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste,

I wanted to change the signature and it showed following error

The following errors occurred with your submission

• Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters including BB code markup.
    • Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 1 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
    • BB code url is not allowed.
    • BB code font is not allowed.
    • BB code color is not allowed.

In short this is more or less a text only signature. This was not the case with earlier version. Please check.

Hari OM
    Only God Is Truth, Everything Else Is Illusion - Ramakrishna
    Total Surrender of Ego to SELF is Real Bhakti - Ramana Maharshi

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

namah SivAya vishnurUpAya viShNave SivarUpiNe, MBh, vanaparva, 3.39.76

Sanskrit Dict | MW Dict | Gita Super Site | Hindu Dharma

namaste,

I think you must have used unicode font to type. Indic Unicode font is partially supported by CorelDraw, inkscape and GIMP. I have not tried Photoshop.

The title should look like

।। न हि ज्ञानेन सदृशं पवित्रमिह विद्यते ।। भ.गीता 4.37

In India, people use either Akruti or Shri Lipi. Akruti needs DVD to work. The fonts are temporarily installed on PC, but without Akruti you cannot view the fonts. Hence you can type in Corel Draw and convert them into curves or in GIMP or Inkscape you can directly send image as a jpg.

Note: Google Chrome Browser in Linux Mint 17 LTS is not showing Unicode fonts properly but Firefox does.

Visit Gita Super Site (now revamped, Beta site is down) and select any verses.

There is another way. We can type Sanskrit verses in Roman.

Since I am not an artist, I have not checked any of the programs. GIMP and Inkscape are free and Open Source cross platform softwares.

If someone is good at creating banner and headers, they can give HDF header with two options, with and without quotes i.e. only backgrounds with no quotes and later other users may give quotes which can be incorporated later on. In this way, we can also have custom headers for important festivals like Dipavali, etc.

One of my favourite quote is

।। ज्ञानाग्निः सर्वकर्माणि भस्मसात्कुरुते तथा ।। भ.गीता 4.37

।। सर्वधर्मान्परित्यज्य मामेकं शरणं व्रज ।। भ.गीता 18.66

।। अहं त्वा सर्वपापेभ्यो मोक्षयिष्यामि मा शुचः ।। भ.गीता 18.66

।। योगक्षेमं वहाम्यहम् ।। भ.गीता 9.22

।। अहमात्मा गुडाकेश सर्वभूताशयस्थितः ।। भ.गीता 10.20

Any thoughts on this?

P.S. It's a good banner Thanks for sharing.

Hari OM
    Last edited by Amrut; 22 March 2015 at 03:01 AM. Reason: added more quotes

Silence is the study of the scruptures. Meditation is the continuous thinking of Brahman which is to be meditated upon. The complete negation of both by knowledge is the vision of truth – sadAcAra-14 of Adi SankarAcArya

Now the forum looks fantastic. It's fun to use it now. Thank You, admin.
    Hari On!

namaste,
    May I ask you to look at http://www.vbstyles.com/vbulletin-4x-skins-c1.html and see if you like a style. I will purchase the style that's most like by members. Please take a look.
    satay

namaste,
    Let me look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    I clicked on the 'Search' function and there were 2 messages on top of the search window:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Thanks.
    satay

Namaste Satay ji,

If we have to stick to blue, I think BlueSaint 4.x vBulletin Theme might be suit (under light skin).

For different colour Aria Chocolate 4.x vBulletin Theme

Are you sure you want ot buy them? They cost $35. Not much for you, but in INR it's Rs. 2184.00

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste,
    May I ask you to look at http://www.vbstyles.com/vbulletin-4x-skins-c1.html and see if you like a style. I will purchase the style that's most like by members. Please take a look.
    Namaste Sataj.ji

I like present style better than any of those.

Namaste,

Anyone with a basic knowledge of Physics (Optics) would know that black letters on white background is the best combination for eyes. Besides the letters should be as thick as possible. The youngsters have sharp eyesight and can handle a myriad of combinations, but as you get older you learn not to stress your eyes (or any other organ) more than you have to. Any contrasting colors used to highlight text, too should be of the hue that is dark and bold. These are mere suggestions and whatever pleases the majority of the members/site owner/Mods. may be implemented. In our youth, we do tend to admire the colorful neon signs more than in the later stages of life.

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 24 March 2015 at 12:05 PM.

Thread Information