Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chamara (Whisk) Worship @Home?

Re: Chamara (Whisk) Worship @Home?

Namaste Ji,
    Quote Originally Posted by smaranam View Post
    P.P.S. Dear Virajaji, I can guess why Shri RAma is offered jaggery-water (guD-pAni or guL-pANi in Marathi) and NRsimha offered buttermilk -- because when He was under vanavAs (forest days) , after a long day He would be back home and Sita would offer Him guDa-pAni the first thing, so must all the Rushi muni whose Ashrams and huts He visited. Here is why : In the heat when you are out for long, you have to get hydrated with the water and the body needs sugar -- carbs (no food). RAma was quite austere, He ate kanda-mULa (roots) and Sita, LakshmaNa followed suit. In the villages in Maharashtra even today, especially among the farmers, you will see this tradition of offering GuL-pANI to a guest who typically had a long journey in the heat (many times on foot). As for NRsimha Deva what better offering than sAttvik cool buttermilk after His mission was accomplished! I could easily finish a pint or two simply after being out in the hot sun.
    Apologies for interjecting, but you remind me that a modern treatment for dehydration even in Western medicine is to drink water mixed with Sugar and a little salt. Even the "Banana Bag" used in ERs for serious dehydration or those who cannot drink on their own is saline water, sugars and a multivitamin. Good wisdom never changes...

~Pranam
    ~~~~~
    What has Learning profited a man, if it has not led him to worship the good feet of Him who is pure knowledge itself?
    They alone dispel the mind's distress, who take refuge at the feet of the incomparable one.
    ~~Tirukural 2, 7

Anbe Sivamayam, Satyame Parasivam

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Whereas anything concerning Sri Krishna is very grand - for Janmashtami (and Diwali when Sri Krishna triumphed over Narakasura) we prepare so many sweets and savories. I think this is because Sri Krishna as a child used to love butter and most of these dishes are prepared with butter!
    True. More than that YashodA , DevakI and all Vraja, DwArakA and HastinApura vAsis doted on Him with all the goodies they wanted Him to eat, and that is what we have turned Him into even today -- their lAl
    -----
    Writing about Bhagvad LeelA is a delight, so if I may (perhaps this should go on our God-in-Hindu-Dharma thread Virajaji )
    Before the Deepavali abhyanga snAna with scented oil and the feast in celebration however, KRshNa traveled a long distance with Satyabhama, overcame unnatural obstacles and fought 2 armies non-stop -- Mura's and NarkAsura's -- there was no food or water. KRshNa fought with JAmbhuvan for 27 days non-stop to acquire the Syamantaka MaNI and give it back to Satrajit, to fulfill Shri RAma's words that Jambuvan will meet Him in the form of VAsudeva in dvApar, to fulfill JAmbhuvati's tapascharyA - wish to have Him as Her husband. As a young child attending Sandipani Muni's Ashram-gurukula, KRshNa and Sudama went to the forest to get wood for GurumAtA. It rained and poured and got dark. They were out all day, had to protect themselves from wild animals, and had no food. As Nara-NArAyaNa , the Lord performed strict and severe penance and austerities in Badri-van (forest) (BadrinAth) just so that people in the world will learn the purpose of human life.
    ParamAtmA BhagavAn is fully detached and fully in control of senses. Therefore KRshNa is
    HRushikesha -- master of the senses, and so is He Govinda ( gives pleasure to go = jiva's senses and to cows)

Also, when KRshNa was little, He stole butter for His gwAla (cowherd) friends and the monkeys, not really for Himself. He also got into trouble for their sake. He also stole butter in the house of those Gopis (including YashodA) to whom it gave immense pleasure and bliss to watch the stealthy expressions on His face smeared with butter. He did all this Only and Only for His devotees in GokuL-VrindAvana. The purpose for which He and they took forms in VrajabhUmi.

In RAmAvatAra He showered this cool breezy shade of joy and bliss on the devotees of that time with His calm composed and quiet nature, pleasant smile irrespective of circumstances -- just as He did in KRshNAvatAra -- just to show the people the way.

om hRushikeshAya namah:
    Last edited by smaranam; 27 March 2015 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram11 View Post

For Lord Sri Venkateshwara Swamy in Tirumala,every week a special puja called as Tiruppavada is conducted.

On Thursdays,Thiruppavada Seva is performed in the Mantapam in front of the Bangaru Vakili(Telugu:Area in front of the sanctum covered in gold) and Annakutotsavam (where heaps of tamarind rice is poured) is performed around 5:30AM..

A famous Huge, Wide “Naamam” (a decoration with perfumed camphor paste around the forehead) embellishes Sri Venkateshwara.

A gigantic amount of cooked Tamarind spiced rice (Pulihora) is emptied on a gold covered tray (Size about 6 ft X 4 ft) and located straight in front of The Lord.

The cooked rice is piled up in Mukha mantapam in Tirumamani mantapam to take definite customary pyramidal trapezoid shape and the delicacies are deposited thereon with coconuts, flowers, sandal paste, kumkum, deepam and are offered to the Lord with suitable mantras.

Amid reciting of Mantras, The wide Naamam is stripped off and a thin Naamam is decked on His forehead just to cover up the space connecting His eyebrows. When this happens, it is supposed that The Lord’s first stare after “opening” His Eyes (because they were covered by The Naamam) should NOT fall on mortals, because it has so much authority. Instead, it is made to fall on the mass of “Pulihora” directly in front of Him, thereby blessing it and plummeting the intensity of His Gaze. The “Pulihora” therefore acts like a curtain (“Paavada” in Telugu/Tamil) shielding devotees from His Powerful Gaze.
    RAmji, thank you for narrating this leelA of Lord Venkateshwara. It was such a delight to read.
    macchittA madgataprANA bodhayantah: parasparam |
    kathayantascha mAm nityam tushyanti cha ramanti cha || BG 10.9

The glories of His tejomaya glance is well-known. Cannot be handled by humans. The grand pongal can surely handle it and get sanctified for the devotees' good
    ---
    Alternatives to VishNuSahasranAma
    1. Arjun asked KRshNa the same qn -- any shorter alternative? KrshNa said you may praise Me by only One shloka without doubt (stuta eva na sauMshaya) :

om namostavanantAya sahasramUrtaye sahasrapAdAkshashishirorubAhave |
    sahasra nAmne purushAya shAshvate sahasra-koTi-yuga-dhAriNe namah: ||

Obeissances to You O endless One, with thousand (symbolic for infinite, innumerable, countless) forms, feet, eyes, heads, arms, names, to that Eternal Being (Purusha) Who holds (is the Source and Support of) countless million yugas (long periods, eras).

Then there are many gems pre and post sahasranAma that you can pick (post VS shloka 24 - 29)
    namah: kamalanAbhAya ..., vAsanAdvAsudevasya ... , ** namo bramhaNya devAya ... , AkAshAt patitam toyam....
    Also, dyou sa chandrArka nakshatram kham disho ... vAsudevasya veeryeNa vidyutAni mahatmanah:

sasurAsura gandharvam ..... jagadvashe vartatedam kRushNasya charAcharam....
    indriyANi mano buddhim sattvam tejam balam dhrutim vAsudevAtmakAnyahuh: kshetra-kshetradnya eva cha ...

----
    2. VishNorashTAvinshatinAma stotram at the end of the VishNusahasranAma stotra booklet (much shorter)

3. Bhagvad GeetA dhyAna 8 shloka

4. Bhagvad GeetA MahAtmya 7 shloka

5. Bhagvad GeetA key selected shloka

6. Shri VishNu ashTottarashata nAmAvali (108 names of VishNu)
    7. Shri KRshNa ashTottarashata nAmAvali (108 names of KrshNa)
    8. dvAdashAkshari (12 syllabled) , ashTAksharI (8 syllabled) or shoDashanAma (16 holy-names) [mahA] mantra
    9. Shri Shri Bramha SaMhItA --- only those very interested in it will like it -- a pleasure to give Shri KRshNa an abhishek while chanting Bramha saMhItA
    * 10. Venkatesh Stotra (1 minute, easy to lear by-heart) -- post# 7 in link

shridhara shrikara shreya shrimAna lokatrayAshraya svaksha sva-anga shatAnanda nandirjyotirgaNeshwara...

Last edited by smaranam; 27 March 2015 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Link to HDF post for Vyankatesh stotra; dhrutim, not shrutim (typo)

Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Dear Ram ji,

You seem to know so much about temples! Your knowledge is quite profound!

I wish to ask you -- is it true that in one of the 9 Narasimha temples in Ahobilam, Sri Narasimha is actually offered meat in one of the days? Or is it a false info?

Thanks.
    Namaste Viraja Ji,

We used to get a magazine called Kumudam Bhakti in our home for many years and every month they would print detailed info about many temples.Some of my friends and relatives like to visit places,so they tell me some interesting things they get to know.I have been to very few big temples in the past few years due to lack of time but I enjoy readings travelogues and in the internet there are many good temple websites and blogs that have Sthala Puranas and other info.All I do is share whatever little I know.

Regarding meat offering in Ahobilam,I think it is highly impossible for two reasons:
    1.The priests would never allow any such things.
    2.The government has banned animal sacrifices in temples decades ago.

But we have see this issue from a different angle as well.
    I have understood from personal observation there are two kinds of rituals that take place in some temples:
    1.Those performed inside the temple by priests according to the scriptures.
    2.Those done outside the temple based on local tradition.

Mainstream Hindu scriptures don't encourage animal sacrifice.It is well known that in rural areas the concept of animal sacrifice is in existence from thousands of years.A small percentage of Hindus are vegetarian,the rest consume meat.

When ever people who consume meat wish to celebrate or express gratitude they do it by offering to deities what is tasty and regularly consumed by them i.e. they kill animals as offering and consume the meat as remnant of offering.I have read in history that such practice was found not just in famous shrines where the presiding deity was a Ugra form but also in temples dedicated to other peaceful Devatas where such things are highly unlikely to occur.But it must be kept in mind that such sacrifices are done outside or behind the temple but never inside i.e. animal sacrifices are external rituals in contrast to the vegetarian naivedya offering done inside by using mantras.

Recently,I read about the annual festival of temple which is notoriously famous because hundreds of fried chicken stalls are opened during the Utsava for devotees.The deity's temple is located on a hill and people come down after darshan to enjoy eating roasted chicken.I was stunned but if we think ,we see that there no relation between what happens inside in the temple on hill top and what is done by people at the base.To conclude,few Hindus are vegetarians,even fewer are interested in what the scriptures say,of these very few actually follow.If something contradicting the scriptural tradition happens its not strange at all!

He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

RAmji, thank you for narrating this leelA of Lord Venkateshwara. It was such a delight to read.

The glories of His tejomaya glance is well-known. Cannot be handled by humans. The grand pongal can surely handle it and get sanctified for the devotees' good
    ---
    Alternatives to VishNuSahasranAma
    1. Arjun asked KRshNa the same qn -- any shorter alternative? KrshNa said you may praise Me by only One shloka without doubt (stuta eva na sauMshaya) :

sahasra nAmne purushAya shAshvate sahasra-koTi-yuga-dhAriNe namah: ||

Obeissances to You O endless One, with thousand (symbolic for infinite, innumerable, countless) forms, feet, eyes, heads, arms, names, to that Eternal Being (Purusha) Who holds (is the Source and Support of) countless million yugas (long periods, eras).

Then there are many gems pre and post sahasranAma that you can pick (post VS shloka 24 - 29)
    namah: kamalanAbhAya ..., vAsanAdvAsudevasya ... , ** namo bramhaNya devAya ... , AkAshAt patitam toyam....
    Also, dyou sa chandrArka nakshatram kham disho ... vAsudevasya veeryeNa vidyutAni mahatmanah:

sasurAsura gandharvam ..... jagadvashe vartatedam kRushNasya charAcharam....
    indriyANi mano buddhim sattvam tejam bala shrutim vAsudevAtmakAnyahuh: kshetra-kshetradnya eva cha ...

----
    2. VishNorashTAvinshatinAma stotram at the end of the VishNusahasranAma stotra booklet (much shorter)

3. Bhagvad GeetA dhyAna 8 shloka

4. Bhagvad GeetA MahAtmya 7 shloka

5. Bhagvad GeetA key selected shloka

6. Shri VishNu ashTottarashata nAmAvali (108 names of VishNu)
    7. Shri KRshNa ashTottarashata nAmAvali (108 names of KrshNa)
    8. dvAdashAkshari (12 syllabled) , ashTAksharI (8 syllabled) or shoDashanAma (16 holy-names) [mahA] mantra
    9. Shri Shri Bramha SaMhItA --- only those very interested in it will like it -- a pleasure to give Shri KRshNa an abhishek while chanting Bramha saMhItA
    * 10. Venkatesh Stotra (1 minute, easy to lear by-heart) -- will post/link

shridhara shrikara shreya shrimAna lokatrayAshraya svaksha sva-anga shatAnanda nandirjyotirgaNeshwara...

Namaste Smaranam Ji,

Thanks a lot for the shlokas.
    Are the post-VS shlokas(24-29) available online anywhere as I'm not sure if the Gita press( pocket size) edition I have includes them.

Could you please post the shlokas from Sri BG ,the Gita Mahatmya & any link to the Vishnu Ashtavimshatinama Stotra?

Smaranam Ji,do share the Brahma Samhita as other devotees of Sri Krishna may feel encoraged to adopt it in their Puja.
    He dances in the golden hall of Chidambaram, Let us worship His rosy anklet girt Feet.

Namaste Smaranam Ji,

I was lacking time to write about the ritual myself so I directly copy-pasted from the temple's website.
    How I know much about the Tirumala temple?Some years ago a newspaper brought out a special magazine on the rituals conducted in Tirumala temple throughout the year.It had almost everything about the temple and Lord Sri Venkateshwara.

Before the Deepavali abhyanga snAna with scented oil and the feast in celebration however, KRshNa traveled a long distance with Satyabhama, overcame unnatural obstacles and fought 2 armies non-stop -- Mura's and NarkAsura's -- there was no food or water. KRshNa fought with JAmbhuvan for 27 days non-stop to acquire the Syamantaka MaNI and give it back to Satrajit, to fulfill Shri RAma's words that Jambuvan will meet Him in the form of VAsudeva in dvApar, to fulfill JAmbhuvati's tapascharyA - wish to have Him as Her husband. As a young child attending Sandipani Muni's Ashram-gurukula, KRshNa and Sudama went to the forest to get wood for GurumAtA. It rained and poured and got dark. They were out all day, had to protect themselves from wild animals, and had no food. As Nara-NArAyaNa , the Lord performed strict and severe penance and austerities in Badri-van (forest) (BadrinAth) just so that people in the world will learn the purpose of human life.
    ParamAtmA BhagavAn is fully detached and fully in control of senses. Therefore KRshNa is
    HRushikesha -- master of the senses, and so is He Govinda ( gives pleasure to go = jiva's senses and to cows)

Also, when KRshNa was little, He stole butter for His gwAla (cowherd) friends and the monkeys, not really for Himself. He also got into trouble for their sake. He also stole butter in the house of those Gopis (including YashodA) to whom it gave immense pleasure and bliss to watch the stealthy expressions on His face smeared with butter. He did all this Only and Only for His devotees in GokuL-VrindAvana. The purpose for which He and they took forms in VrajabhUmi.

In RAmAvatAra He showered this cool breezy shade of joy and bliss on the devotees of that time with His calm composed and quiet nature, pleasant smile irrespective of circumstances -- just as He did in KRshNAvatAra -- just to show the people the way.

om hRushikeshAya namah:
    I thoroughly enjoyed the above paragraph, thank you for this, Smaranam ji!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Quote Originally Posted by Ram11 View Post
    Namaste Smaranam Ji,

Thanks a lot for the shlokas.
    Are the post-VS shlokas(24-29) available online anywhere as I'm not sure if the Gita press( pocket size) edition I have includes them.

Could you please post the shlokas from Sri BG ,the Gita Mahatmya & any link to the Vishnu Ashtavimshatinama Stotra
    Namaste

This post highlights some key shlokas from Bhagavad GeetA DhyAna and MahAtmya

You will find both in the beginning section of the Geeta Press pocket-size Bhagvad GeetA.

I already gave the link to the post on VyankaTesha stotra above, but here it is anyway just to keep it all in one place.

The Post-VishNusahasranAma gems as I like to call them, are:

sahasra nAmne purushAya shAshvate sahasra-koTi-yuga-dhAriNe namah: || Post V.S. 25

Obeissances to You O endless One, with thousand (symbolic for infinite, innumerable, countless) forms, feet, eyes, heads, arms, names, to that Eternal Being (Purusha) Who holds (is the Source and Support of) countless million yugas (long periods, eras)
    (This is the shloka that Shri KRshNa said is equivalent to chanting the entire SahasranAma, when Arjuna asked)

namah: kamala nAbhAya namaste jalashAyine |
    namaste keshavAnata vAsudeva namostute || Post V.S. 26

Obeissances to VAsudeva with the Lotus Navel (which is the source of Lord BramhA and all creation - universe), the One Who lies in the Cosmic Waters, the One with thick black long-flowing hair and Who is the Lord of and includes in Him 'Ka' (BramhA) and 'Isha' (Shiva).

vAsanAdvAsudevasya vAsitam bhuvana trayam |
    sarva-bhUta-nivAsosi vAsudeva namostute || Post V.S. 27

Obeissances to that VAsudeva Who is the source, witness and fulfiller of all desires, Who resides in & pervades the three worlds, Who resides in the hearts of all beings.

namo bramhaNya devAya go brAmhaNa hitAya cha |
    jagad-hitAya kRushNAya govindAya namo namah: || Post V.S. 28

Obeissances to that Govinda, to that KRshNa, Lord of the brAmhaNas, well-wisher of the cows, senses (of beings), brAmhaNas (who chant vedas, are priests and meditate on Bramhan'), well-wisher of the entire Universe.
    (This verse is chanted while offering naivedya)

AkAshAt patitam toyam yathA gachhati sAgaram |
    sarva-deva-namaskArah: keshavam prati gachhatI || Post V.S. 29
    Just as rain-water falling from the sky ultimately reaches the ocean, namaskAra (obeissances, veneration, bows) offered to all Devas really reaches Keshava (a.k.a. VishNu, NArAyaNa, VAsudeva KRshNa).
    (This was Adi-ShankarAchArya's favourite verse, taught by his father)

Other Post - VS gems:

dyou sa chanrArka nakshatrA kham disho bhurmaho dadhih: |
    vAsudevasya vIryeNa vidyutAni mahAtmanah: || Post VS 14
    Sky, moon, constellations, space, directions, earth, astral region, heavens are all empowered by the power of VAsudeva

sasurAsura gandharvam sa-yakshoragarAkshasam |
    jagadvashe vartatedam kRshNasya charAcharam || Post VS 15

All the deva (sura) , gandharva, demons (asura), yaksha, rAkshasa, [all types of beings] in the world, moving and non-moving (chara achara) are and behave, act under control of Shri KRshNa, and by His power.

cont...
    IndriyANi mano buddhih: satvam tejo balam dhrutih: |
    vAsudevAtmakAnyAhuh: kshetra kshetradnya eva cha || Post VS 16
    Senses, mind, intellect, mode of goodness, yogic spiritual brilliance, strength, valor and persistence, the body (kshetra) and the knower of the body (kshetradnya) are all empowered by the all-pervading innermost AtmA of all beings called VAsudeva.

|| Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

yogo dnyAno tathA sAnkhyo vidhyA shilpAdi karma cha |
    vedAh: shAstrANi vidnyAnam etad sarvam janArdanAt || Post VS

The Source of yoga (union with/connecting with the Divine), knowledge of AtmA-paramAtmA, sAnkhya, knowledge of subjects (vidyA), sculptoring art, all deeds and vedic sacrifices, the vedas, the scriptures, science, from Whom it all flows, is JanArdana (Merciful Lord of the people - jana).

eko vishNur-mahatbhUtam pruthak-bhUtAnyanekashah: |
    trIlokyAn-vyApya bhUtAtmA bhunkte vishwabhug-avyayah: || Post VS 20

One indivisible all-pervading Lord VishNu appears as many different AtmA in beings. He pervades and encompasses, covers the three worlds, is the inner dweller, AtmA of all beings, experiences everything as the beings act, is the Universal acceptor of the yadnya-offerings of the whole world, and is eternal, imperishable.

-----------
    VishNorashTaviMshatinAma stotram
    (shri gaNeshAya namah: )

matsyam kUrmam varAham cha vAmanam janArdanam |
    govindam punDarIkAksham mAdhavam madhusUdanam ||
    padmanAbham sahasrAksham vanamAlim halAyudham |
    govardhanam hRushikesham vaikunTham purushottamam ||
    vishwarUpam vAsudevam rAmam nArAyaNam harim |
    dAmodaram shrIdharam cha vedAngam garuDadhwajam ||
    anantam kRushNagopAlam japato nAsti pAtakam |
    gavAM koTipradAnasya ashvamedhashatasya cha ||
    .... phala shruti after this
    kanyAdAnasahasreNAM phalam prApnoti mAnavah: |
    amAyAM vA paurNimAsyAmekAdashyAM tathaiva cha ||
    sandhyAkAle smarennityam prAtah:kAle tathaiva cha |
    maddhyAnhe cha japannityaM sarva-pApaih: pramuchyate ||
    Last edited by smaranam; 30 March 2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: sculptoring -- p was missing
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Now the first thing I thought of when reading this interesting post on the use of the fan in home puja, is Bhairava the Kotwal of Varanasi. Let me explain.

I worship Lord Bhairava as the Skull Bearer Who became the Kotwal of Varanasi, Kashi, the City Never Forsaken by Lord Shiva. The “cult” of Bhairava is quite widespread among those who are devotees of Kashi Ground, and His “cult” actually extends to many sects, He is found even in South India, and His following is in the cultural periphery in many genres of Hinduism even to tribals and others.

But in Varanasi I have seen where this discussion on the Fan comes into play. Before you enter the various Circles of the “realms” of Kashi, you must first report into the Kotwal (Lord Bhairava) and worship Him. It was just before the Border crossed into Kashi that is where and when “the Skull Fell”. Since then, Kotwal Bhairava Reigns as the Police Magistrate of Varanasi (from where the River Varuna touches the Ganga down to where “The Sword” enters the Ganga and “Durga’s Sword fell” into the waters or the Asi).

And His Duty as Kotwal, is that As an Emanation of Shiva, He is the Protector and Guardian of the Kshetrapala (territory borders) of the City of All the Gods Whom Have Come, He functions as the Door Keeper Dvarapala, mostly He is watching for the arrival of Lord Yamaraj.

All The Gods Have Come to Kashi, here you will find Them. Yet there is One who has His “passport” checked, and He is stopped by the Kotwal from entering – it is Yamaraj Who is stopped. For Yama King is not allowed into Varanasi, but only for the purpose to worship the Lingam He established Himself and for nothing beyond that, He cannot take any soul away. Not one soul. Actually, this Lingam is very powerful and Holy. The Kotwal will not allow Lord Yamaraj to enter, He is given a very short Visa, to come to that Lingam He established, and then leave shortly. His noose is left outside the Border or Sacred Rings.

Even you must give your obeisance to TWO when entering Kashi, of course to Kotwal and pray permission as you enter (which is already granted by the way) and to Dandapani Who holds the Staff at the South Compass of Lord Vishvanatha Who is actually the Sheriff of Kashi (the Sheriff travels here and there) while Bhairava is the Kotwal or Police Magistrate, and in fact Dandapani is a Ganesha of Shiva who is specific to Kashi and DOES NOT LEAVE having once been a Yaksha but become a Ganesh, and there are TWO Deputies under Dandapani called Sambhrama or Confusion and Udbhrama or Doubt who report to The Sheriff, together those humans who come to Kashi to cause terror are driven away.

You will only find Sheriff Dandapani and the Deputies, along with 56 Ganeshas of Kashi Who also act as Door Keepers to specific Zones, but Lord Bhairava you will find in MANY Temples all over the World as Dvarapala or Door Keeper as well and not just Kashi.

In these pujas of the Police Magistrate, the Sheriff, the Deputies, and the Ganeshas – you will find the FAN.
    Now it is the PEACOCK FAN that is used for Bhairava. It portends the Power of Air. It is the Yak Tail Fan that is Ether. But mentioning the Peacock Fan… as said, Bhairava is found in South India where the Fan is சாவாமூலி.

This is how it is done – the priest BEATS and "dusts" you with the Peacock Fan when waved at you. The Club of Peacock Feathers in some images of Bhairava, is wielded by the Priets of Bhairav - These Priests are known as the Lieutenants, they STRIKE the worshiper or Devotee as the Priest dusts off the devotee with this Fan, this is called Ashirvada. You also will lose your sickness and pains. The devotee should think of the beating as “I took the hand waiting for me”. It is the Symbol of Kingship, the King’s Baton in this manner is a Peacock Feathers Fan. IT IS KALA BHAIRAVA’S CLUB IN THIS CASE. What a club! What a power! Even Death is afraid of this Peacock Fan.

Yes – I use a Fan. The Lathi or Club of Bhairava. The Peacock Fan. The Club. It is not broad. It is like the stick. Long, not broad. In the worship of Bhairava.
    And, every day now, I wear Black Threads on my right wrist. To Remember Bhairava. It is ok, to have this Peacock Fan at home for your puja. It is a very good idea.

Thread Information