Thread: 'r'

Threaded View

Re: 'r'

Namaste Mana,

Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Namaste devotee,

It certainly is a beautiful script, Interesting to read of candrabindu; Just yesterday I have learned that the correct spelling of chandra is actually candra. Although tables are wonderfully helpful once a system is understood, I find them very difficult to learn from; perhaps because I have not been taught how to study them correctly. Often, trying to seek the algorithm from which a table is constructed; so as to assist me is seeing them more easily in my minds eye; it is a highly mercurial habit of mine for better or for worse; Perhaps the reason that has initiated my original question.

Thank you for your concise response I shall give them much thought, then print out the pdf and see If I can absorb some of the undoubted wisdom there within though I find learning with out speaking or hearing to be quite a difficult affair.

I am fascinated to learn more of the transformation from verbal to written tradition in Sanskrit; has this perhaps been studied by any learned Indian scholars? I believe that there is a long tradition of writing also but perhaps the support was so fragile as to not have lasted over the years; Is there any truth in my assumption; For an example was Pāṇini work written down or communicated verbally?
    By seeing your interest in sanskrit, I would advise you to join Online Sanskrit Course. Chinmaya Mission offers course of 15-30 months for teaching Sanskrit Online. They have provision to play audio while teaching so that you know the correct pronunciation of characters/words. If you are interested you may try this website :

http://easysanskrit.chinfo.org/cif

Please forgive my many questions; I am trying to learn how to learn and have always been very inquisitive when I would perhaps be better enable, were I to memorise the tables; is this done with rhyme or chant In schools in India ... ?
    The tables are memorised by chanting like children do for memorising number tables. This won't need much effort. It is not as difficult as it appears in the beginning. Even if you memorise 2-3 tables to begin with, it will give you a lot of confidence.

OM
    Last edited by devotee; 30 March 2015 at 04:48 AM.
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Thread Information