Thread: Distractions of western civilization

Distractions of western civilization

Namaste to all.

I have done underground financial research, which is dissecting how finance in Anglo civilization works and who is behind them, and why it is apt to fail from the view of history. I did it for over 8 years and left it about 3 years ago, only touching on it on a personal basis from them on. I'm part of a group that does this actively, and I had this to say today:

-------------------------
    Good day everyone.

Just wrapped up another difficult season at Sherwood Forest Faire. This time, I had cataract surgery on one eye and can see much better now. Now, I wait for the other eye to progress to the point of being operable. I'm now south of Dallas for Scarborough Festival, which runs April-May.

I was looking through the comments here, and I'll say it here. Many of the comments and the nature of the postings here leave me with feelings that this entire thing is a distraction, attention redirected to little details that don't matter in the grand scheme of ending white domination of human civilization. I'm beginning to see why people don't want to organize with the Indians, Chinese, and Russians - because it would end American dominance of the world, and it would end your ability to stack forever and your ability to stay out of jobs that are NEEDED for human civilization to exist. I'm not saying the latter is true for everyone here, as many here are struggling to make ends meet, but that is the general feeling I get from some readings here over time. This is just my frustration coming out.

All this minute detailing distracts us from the one thing we need to be doing - making friends with Indians, Chinese, and Russians and getting them to end American dominance of the world through taking away all gold and silver, forcing the American government to its knees and making it transact business on an honest basis (gold/silver/tangibles). This requires networking, which no one is evidently willing or capable of doing.

This is what I'm doing, why I have spent so little time here. I've been learning about Hinduism, Indic civilization, and getting a grasp of how it functioned to be a very rich region before the Mughal invasions and the subsequent European invasion, and why they lost the military ability to defend itself. I think the key is understanding our place in this present world. White or Anglo people are hated around the world because of our imperialist, Dominionist views and behaviors, and so are less likely to trust someone like me when I approach them to ask for help in reasserting a level playing field for all civilizations. It's like, "Why should we help you? All you want to do is get us to buy this and that, and I don't know that what we do will have an impact on your race's ability to hold onto that hedgmony." Thing is, you HAVE to be interested in people. You have to be interested in their culture, their languages, and their varied beliefs, as this is respect, acknowledgement of what makes them human beings.

I want to be a part of this, the takedown of Anglo civilization because it is going too far in its materialist aspirations with no balance from inner science. Abrahamic religions do not qualify as inner science because the basis or focus of such religions is external to the person - history-centric view of things (what happened to whom and where), externality of God's interventions from above (which happen very rarely), and the understanding that Man is not capable of bridging the gap between himself and God without intervention of some kind. There is very little said about Man himself except the good and bad he is capable of, compared to the complexity of inner science of Indic thought. Anglo civilization is an example of a wood-burning culture with little thought on self-sustaining actions to maintain viability of people as well as the earth (which, by the way, came from eastern thought, fitted into the western framework, and then the original source of these ideas deleted or erased to make it look like WE came up with these self-sustaining ideas and no one else). Remember, these western religions had its start in desert regions, where the general nature of the area was about hardship and survivalism without looking to the future of the welfare of the land, instead being at odds with a hostile nature.

I have been studying Hinduism, the history between east and west, and looking at the knowledge base of Indic civilization. I am also slowly learning Saṃskṛtam (Sanskrit) in order to access the knowledge base of Indic civilization, of which a very tiny fraction has been translated to English. I realize now that it's possible that the answer to our predicaments lie in Indic thoughts and civilization, which represent the "garland-growing-and-making" mindset, something that creates, sustains, and perpetuates. This is what we need NOW. Everything else is just noise and distracts us from resurrecting a sane civilization based on fairness and sustainability. This is what I'm devoting the rest of my life to. I'm done with the titillating materialism of western civilization. I no longer desire a good-sized house in a neighborhood, a fine car, having a degree from a university, working a nice, cushy desk job, going to parties, and getting off on sensory stimulations (I'm not talking drugs, which I've never done and don't understand) like music, tasting beer or food, etc. I'm not after making lots of money and trading on the stocks in order to get even more money to buy even more gold and silver (which is not honest work, by the way, because someone suffers on the other side of the trade). I haven't desired these things for quite some time and feel that they are not important any longer. Simply being in a state of mind and being I can live with has become paramount in my life.

That said, I do participate in one of the four goals of Sanātanis (Hindus) - artha, which means economic development during the prime years of your life. This means that I work honestly for my money in ways I'm able to, and I use the money mainly to pay for expenses and bills as they occur, and when I have something comfortably left over, I put some of that money into silver. Granted, I don't get to buy anywhere near the amount of silver that some traders are able to through leveraging, but at least the silver I've earned is solidly earnest and honest.

Re: Distractions of western civilization

Namate deafAncient,

[My personal perspective as a polytheist, let no one be offended by it]

I am glad you had a successful surgery and feel better.

I understand your feelings very well. I think most westerns are attracted to Hinduism because they feel their mindset is different from the one that dominates western society. When they meet Hindu tradition they find something they feel much more at home with. A more peaceful mindset directed at harmony and cooperation, rather than competition and rivalry. This can lead to strong feelings of aversion and rejection. These negative feelings are natural, but prevent us from having a more balanced view that comes with moderation.
    The same struggles are not foreign to Hinduism itself. The great stories of Hinduism tell us abundantly about conflicts between people(s) of higher and lower consciousness. The people that follow a path of Dharm and the people that follow a path of Adharm.

You want to fight a war, a war with Anglo civilization. Before we consider such thing, we want to define our objectives. Your objective is "resurrecting a sane civilization based on fairness and sustainability" and you recognize this is built on a "garland-growing-and-making" mindset, something that creates, sustains, and perpetuates"
    Now the question is: Can war promote a more harmonious mindset? Whenever ordinary Hindus ask themselves such questions they can seek inspiration from the great epics. Those were specifically written as a guide in life for ordinary people. In these epics life's deep questions play out, and we see how different people cope with them. We also see how the most excellent people, avatars of Devas, struggle with them.

And not coincidently, war plays an important role in both Ramayana and Mahabharata. Because in times of war these questions become inescapable and people are forced to take a position.
    If we start looking at the Ramayana, we see that in those days the threat to society comes from the outside. They come from tribes that have a demonic spirit. Some are living in the wild and their occupation is to kidnap and rape women and eat people as they are cannibals. Others have civilized themselves and created states with enormous wealth. They too attack more civilized societies. In those circumstances regular war is not a choice but a necessity to keep civilized society alive.

There are a few things that the Ramayana tells us about these demonic races. Things that allow us to recognize people with a demonic mindset. But first we want to understand that we can not recognize them by outer religion. Someone like Ravana is an ardent worshiper of Shiva and a master of the Vedas. Was Ravana a Hindu? Yes, he was a Hindu. He followed Hindu tradition and customs, worshiped Hindu Gods.
    No Hindu will say Ravana was not a Hindu. That is a huge difference with Abramic traditions. When you ask a Christian or Muslim about a the evil things Christians/Muslims did, they will say: Those were not Christians/Muslims. So Bin Laden whose whole life was directed at emulating the holy prophet was not a Muslim? And all the followers inspired by the same ideals are not Muslims? The reason is that Abrahamism has a binary world view, that divides people: Good and evil, friend or foe, believer or unbeliever. It defines believer = good = friend. Unbeliever = evil = ennemy. It thus creates all kind of double standards, embracing evil believers and rejecting good unbelievers.

Hinduism has a more sane view. It recognizes that Hindus have different nature, different inclinations, are in different stages in life and life cycles. They are present in all civilizations. The evil people that you see in the Anglo civilization are present in other civilizations as well. And so are the good and kind people. The problem arises when the adharmic people take over power.
    And here comes the second book, the Mahabharata. The Mahabharata does not deal with war between peoples, but it is a civil war that divides a nation. There is an ongoing corruption and then adharmic, demonic people seek to take over power. It is a bit like the situation of the US today. The US has an excellent constitution and many good people devoted to defending it, but greedy, power hungry people are corrupting the state ever more. In this conflict good people defend true values and the evil allow themselves be led by greed and lust. Our own role is to take a stand in this as an individual. And in the Mahabharata we see many excellent people struggle with the same choice.

This struggle is never ending. These stories have many layers. They are at the same time referring to the struggle that is within us. Whenever we want to go to war, what we are doing is, externalizing inner conflicts. It is a way to direct attention away from the inner struggle.
    When you read the Mahabharata well, you will discover that Krishna does not see war as a solution. He does everything in his power to prevent the war. But once the war is inevitable and fact, it becomes paramount to win this war, and in the fastest manner possible, as millions of innocent people are dying on the battlefield.

But as soon as the war is won, reconciliation is sought, even with the very instigator of the war, King Dhritirashtra. There is no room for ill-feelings, revenge, even reproach, because Dharm must be restored. You can not restore harmony when you want revenge and punish your enemy. People like Gandhi, Mandela, Martin Luther King were inspired by the Mahabharata. Look how Mandela sought reconciliation with his former enemies.

In the Mahabharata we also find people holding deep grudges for the injustice done to them, and we see how it effects their fate and how they pass it on to their children. We see Sage Drona who feels deeply insulted by his youth friend King Dhrupada. So he accepts a position on the court of a corrupt king, and uses his position to take revenge. And this way he ends up fighting on the wrong side of the war. And when he is killed by a trick (the only way possible), the angers goes over to his son, Sage Ashwatthama, who degrades himself even deeper and becomes a murderer of innocent children.

You still hold a grudge too, being the descendant of Cherokee(?) people, feeling an outcast in the land of your forefathers. Those are real feelings. And if you allow these feelings to dwell in your mind, they will grow into a deep resentment. But the feeling you experience is not the feeling of your forefathers, but the resentment you feel from your environment. As strange as it may seem, it is those that do harm to others that grow lasting resentment towards their victims. Their harmony is permanently broken. That is why it is the victim that has to take the initiative to reconcile to break the cycle of resentment, which is hard as it contradicts every feeling of justice. Only the most wise can do that, because the ego will reject it with force.
    May be this can help. Is it not the fate of people more sensitive to endure the insensitivity of ruder people? Is it not the duty of the elder to help the younger along their way? Is it not the role of people of higher consciousness to bring joy in the lives of people who themselves find it difficult to return it, because they lack true joy? Is it not our challenge to endure their shortcomings? But even if it is challenging at times, we praise our lucky stars we are not like them, as only a fool who would want to trade places.

And ask yourself the question: What would your Indian ancestors like to see you do? Would they want you to take revenge for them? Would they want you to hold the grudge that brings your consciousness down? Is that the best way to honor your ancestors? Would it not make them more proud to see you help change their enemies for the better, then see them change you for the worse?
    The Mahabharata gives us a clear warning. It shows us that even the most accomplished people, the Sages, can fall of the ladder they climbed with so much perseverance, by holding on to grudges. Never think you are above that. We are always in that danger zone. No person is ever free from their influence. We only remain pure by a deep desire to remain pure.

We should not worry too much about the state of the world at large, that is not our field of action, nor is it in our control. It can only make us depressed when we unduly appropriate things out of our control. It is Abramists that have the foolish notion that they can save the world by subjecting and converting it. Thus they have become a cause of war and an evil themselves.
    Like many westerners you seem to think that the way of avoiding conflicts and preserving Harmony is weakness. So wrong you are. It is so much easier to control ones fate when one avoids conflict. Engaging in conflicts you create Karma results that will haunt you. That is why once the Mahabharata war becomes inevitable, Krishna teaches Arjuna how to act without having to undergo the consequences. But this is not an act to be performed by anyone, only the purest of souls can act that way.

There is a saying in the East: If you wait long enough, you will see the corpses of your enemies come drifting down the river. For if you understand Dharma and Karma, you will understand that if someone does great harm to you, he will inevitably pay the price. The only question is: Will you be the one that does it to him, or will you leave the questionable honor to others. If you are overcome by anger you want to be that one. Then what you have done is taking the burden of his shoulder, and you in turn will have to pay the price. You have taken over his debt in turn. You will be relieved if his children take revenge on you, and again take it over from you. This is the endless cycle of revenge.
    You are so eager to bring down Anglo civilization. That is because you can not see what other powers it is holding down. If I am not mistaken, the American errors in the Middle East may well lead to resurrection of a Pan Arab state in the Middle East, and they are already busy overtaking Africa by force. What is the Arab level of civilization? You may want to investigate the grand scale slavery that is going on in the Middle East, and what such a revival would mean, no longer held in check by the forces you hate.

There is an ancient wisdom: Never destroy the evil you know. You may harness it, but never destroy it. When you destroy a great evil it will inevitably grow into a new form that will take you by surprise. Only if our actions are pure do they not create negative results. That is why harmony can not be forced onto people. If you can not understand that, you have the mindset of a westerner. A westerner only perceives the intended results of his actions. Whatever seems a problem he wants to remove. He is not aware that only dharmic actions create results without negative effects. If actions are led by negative thoughts, the effect will ultimately be negative too.

Jai Ganesha!
    Last edited by Avyaydya; 08 April 2015 at 11:04 AM.

Re: Distractions of western civilization

Namaste Avyaydy,

Thank you for your instructive words. I understand it, though there are a lot of emotions stemming from lost opportunities, like what would it have been like to live as a Cherokee woman or to live as a Sanātani in another life. Another source of emotions is scrambling to figure out how to save the scraps left of my life living in a western country for nearly half a century. I know that I have to make another change soon. I've already alluded to a friend not to be surprised if I just up and disappear one day, meaning that I have thought about turning away from the second and third stage of life and going to the final stage of life, and turn my life over to a temple or a cause. I'm thinking about this now, as it might happen as early as this fall. I am not successful in the rennie world like I thought I would be. I thought, by now, I would be working in a trade skill making things for sale, but instead, I'm a dishwasher in a meat kitchen. My mind and body needs to be put to a better use.

I fully understand what you mean by slavery or other negative forces being held in check by forces I resent. I totally get that, but the thing is, whatever is going on in the middle east has to worked out by themselves. We Americans have created a huge powder keg of a situation by interfering in their affairs to start with. We do not understand the history nor the nature of the rivalry, the animosity or the enmity of the people aligned against each other. That is not our place. It is not our place to police the world. The evils you speak of, exactly American/European foreign policy is the cause of spawning these present-day extremes of conflict today. There is no hiding from it. I did not mention anything about weakness as a means of avoiding conflicts and preserving harmony. In fact, that would not be the right approach. We have to stand up for what it right and be ready to defend it.

Thread Information