Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    383
    Rep Power
    321

    Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    Dear friends,

    Every so often folks share their understanding about the abused poster-child of jyotish: Mangal Dosh (martian blemish)!

    It is not new as misinterpreted tenets go but on internet seem to be more visible in all sorts of fora that embrace discussions about astrology and jyotish.

    In their haste, possibly influenced by western and eastern astrological symbolism churning in their heads, folks end up associating mars with indicator for libido, even in a pure sexual - physical sense, and not the psychological label that libido represents.

    Then there are those that begin associating mars blemish (mars in 12, 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 in a chart. Some variations of house assignments exist, as well as conditional disclaimers based on mars being in this or that sign. Also the considerations of Saturn, moon, venus, etc in certain usage, but let us keep it simple!). Strictly speaking, mars dosha (blemish) does not directly cause problems per se, but comes alive (or meant to, anyways) only when matrimonial matchings are done. Nothing to do with libido, for which certain kootas etc are sometimes implicated. We are not messing with that, here, either!)

    In all these astro-drummings (like the *beat* to chase a tiger out of the jungle during Corbett's tiger hunting days before he turned into a pacifist and began photographing the tigers rather than shooting them with his guns), the poor venus, also known as shukra a jyotish indicator of semen, potential fertility, libido, remains forlorn to one side!

    So, all good folks who happen to have the mars dosha in their charts, please stop worrying! Most of you are probably fairly normal people and unlikely to ever end up on some 'sex-offender list' or similar dreaded fate just because you happened to be born with mars in the said houses! <LOL>

    And most of you will not be accident-prone in life, or volatile folks with a short-fuse and nor will you become a street fighter, just because you have this over-touted, and terribly ill-maligned mangal dosha or martian blemish! On the negative side, you will not automatically be the displayer of excessive courage or win war-medals or become surgeons (not even a tree-surgeon!) just because your mom delivered you at a time with mars dosha in your chart!

    It also does not mean that you are more martian or your mars is stronger, etc.!

    May the LIGHT dawn upon you all just as the moon lights up after an eclipse! Or the Sun, for that matter!

    Love, Light, Reality!

    Rohiniranjan
    _________________
    MA GIVE US eyes to see, and minds to understand what the eyes see, and hearts beating in unison to keep the eyes and minds alive and ALL OF US engaged in serving YOU FOREVER.

    A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

  2. #2

    Re: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    Am curious. I read if a boys mars is conjunct the girls Venus (or vice versa) it leads to a lot of attraction between the two. Would this apply or do you just look at the relative positions of each persons venus to figure out physical compatibility (apart from the kutas) . Is this kind of synastry also a part of jyotisha ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    In general Mercury, Venus & Mars combination in a individuals chart gives a successful married life. Mars Venus combination in Saturn's house or with Saturn's aspect is not positive..

  4. #4

    Re: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    Thanks a lot. I meant though - assume Venus is in mesha in a boys chart and mars is in Mesha in the girls chart. if you superimpose the charts on each other. They are both in mesha.
    I have seen, while matching, that some people like yo compare both the Venuses to see if they are 5-9 or 4-10 or 2-12 positions. Same with lagnesh and Chandra. Curious if mars and venus can also be matched thus. Is venus the only graha to understand libido per se, or is there an interplay between mars and venus. Am guessing it is the latter.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    You are right... Matching Planets between charts I too have heard. If a Boys Lagna & Girls Lagna are in trines they will have exceptional bonding to each other. Similarly if Moon's of individuals in the Navamsa chart are in trines or in square they will have exceptional bonding with each other. You can check this by comparing your chart with your best friends to check this....

    In general Mars, Venus, Saturn combination either via placement or aspect or by houses is an indicator for excessive desire in an individual.

  6. #6

    Light Re: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    there there is one question that strikes me about the original post of Rohini jis.
    For readers of the Modern astrology magazine! you may have seen the spate of editorials on kuja dosha.

    Why is a placement of Mars in 1,2,7,8,12 in one persons chart cancelled if it's similarly placed in the spouses chart? Would not such a placement make both equally aggressive or argumentative (if that's the indication that mars is usually blamed for?) what us the principle behind cancellation in jyotisha ?



    Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Dear friends,

    Every so often folks share their understanding about the abused poster-child of jyotish: Mangal Dosh (martian blemish)!

    It is not new as misinterpreted tenets go but on internet seem to be more visible in all sorts of fora that embrace discussions about astrology and jyotish.

    In their haste, possibly influenced by western and eastern astrological symbolism churning in their heads, folks end up associating mars with indicator for libido, even in a pure sexual - physical sense, and not the psychological label that libido represents.

    Then there are those that begin associating mars blemish (mars in 12, 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 in a chart. Some variations of house assignments exist, as well as conditional disclaimers based on mars being in this or that sign. Also the considerations of Saturn, moon, venus, etc in certain usage, but let us keep it simple!). Strictly speaking, mars dosha (blemish) does not directly cause problems per se, but comes alive (or meant to, anyways) only when matrimonial matchings are done. Nothing to do with libido, for which certain kootas etc are sometimes implicated. We are not messing with that, here, either!)

    In all these astro-drummings (like the *beat* to chase a tiger out of the jungle during Corbett's tiger hunting days before he turned into a pacifist and began photographing the tigers rather than shooting them with his guns), the poor venus, also known as shukra a jyotish indicator of semen, potential fertility, libido, remains forlorn to one side!

    So, all good folks who happen to have the mars dosha in their charts, please stop worrying! Most of you are probably fairly normal people and unlikely to ever end up on some 'sex-offender list' or similar dreaded fate just because you happened to be born with mars in the said houses! <LOL>

    And most of you will not be accident-prone in life, or volatile folks with a short-fuse and nor will you become a street fighter, just because you have this over-touted, and terribly ill-maligned mangal dosha or martian blemish! On the negative side, you will not automatically be the displayer of excessive courage or win war-medals or become surgeons (not even a tree-surgeon!) just because your mom delivered you at a time with mars dosha in your chart!

    It also does not mean that you are more martian or your mars is stronger, etc.!

    May the LIGHT dawn upon you all just as the moon lights up after an eclipse! Or the Sun, for that matter!

    Love, Light, Reality!

    Rohiniranjan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    383
    Rep Power
    321

    Re: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    Quote Originally Posted by Laalu View Post
    there there is one question that strikes me about the original post of Rohini jis.
    For readers of the Modern astrology magazine! you may have seen the spate of editorials on kuja dosha.

    Why is a placement of Mars in 1,2,7,8,12 in one persons chart cancelled if it's similarly placed in the spouses chart? Would not such a placement make both equally aggressive or argumentative (if that's the indication that mars is usually blamed for?) what us the principle behind cancellation in jyotisha ?
    Just for clarification-elaboration, Laalu, the traditional conceptualization of 'mars-blemish' (trans.) confines itself to health and longevity of the spouse without such a configuration and does not equate it with heightening of negative traits associated with mars! Bhasin in his "Dispositors in astrology" has explained the possible rationale of this intriguing astrological consideration (Rule#6). :-)

    The rest of the small book is quite educational too!
    _________________
    MA GIVE US eyes to see, and minds to understand what the eyes see, and hearts beating in unison to keep the eyes and minds alive and ALL OF US engaged in serving YOU FOREVER.

    A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    Hari Om,

    I've an interesting point around Kuja Dosha. Kuja Dosha natives carry negative RH factor in their blood. In today's world Doctors recommend marriage between people having same RH factors to avoid complexity during pregnancy. Say a mother is having -ve and father carries +ve. Then if the child is getting +ve based on father then mom and baby are carrying different RH factors. This creates issue during pregnancy! I've read that nowadays Doctors are changing the babies RH factor to match mother when the baby is in the womb itself

    One of my relative did a sample study based on this and interestingly it was a perfect Bingo. Luckily his Mother Law was a Lab in charge in a hospital and she helped him in this POC.

    Thanks
    Krishna

  9. #9
    Join Date
    January 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    383
    Rep Power
    321

    Re: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaTVM View Post
    Hari Om,

    I've an interesting point around Kuja Dosha. Kuja Dosha natives carry negative RH factor in their blood. In today's world Doctors recommend marriage between people having same RH factors to avoid complexity during pregnancy. Say a mother is having -ve and father carries +ve. Then if the child is getting +ve based on father then mom and baby are carrying different RH factors. This creates issue during pregnancy! I've read that nowadays Doctors are changing the babies RH factor to match mother when the baby is in the womb itself

    One of my relative did a sample study based on this and interestingly it was a perfect Bingo. Luckily his Mother Law was a Lab in charge in a hospital and she helped him in this POC.

    Thanks
    Krishna
    Very interesting Krishna ji! Any chance of being able to see more details of this study (published or otherwise)? Population prevalence data on Rh factors (many exist although D seems to be the more troublesome medically) are readily available and it seems like there are regional (racial?) differences. Concordance analyses between these and prevalence of mangal dosh might give interesting insights and validation. Your relative should utilize the good offices of his relative who has access to the blood lab for this, if interested and publish if not already done so. Mangal dosh prevalence might be more difficult to find, but can be determined from larger horoscope data bases.
    _________________
    MA GIVE US eyes to see, and minds to understand what the eyes see, and hearts beating in unison to keep the eyes and minds alive and ALL OF US engaged in serving YOU FOREVER.

    A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    126

    Re: Libido-libidinous mangal_dev (mars)

    It was really interesting. My relative did this as part of his personal curiosity and he found its working pretty well. He started advising people to check with Doctors when only Girl or Boy had Kuja Dosha (Just one of them). The Doctors were surprised to see that through astrology some one is able to deduct RH factors... I personally believe Medical Astrology can do wonders if Doctors & Astrologers can work together. On Similar lines I'm seeing heavy afflictions on Moon is causing breast cancer in ladies...I agree that there are other combinations as well...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. India Reaches the Mars Orbit
    By Believer in forum Politics - Current Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26 September 2014, 12:06 AM
  2. Calming Down Mars - Mangala
    By yajvan in forum Jyotish
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28 July 2007, 07:51 PM
  3. Mangal (Mars) - Myrhology and Significance
    By Arvind Sivaraman in forum Jyotish
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13 June 2007, 11:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •