Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Fashionable' Hindus and their statements

Talking Re: 'Fashionable' Hindus and their statements

Namaskara,
    Quote Originally Posted by Viraja View Post
    Whereas, some of these Secular HIndus behave as if they are the ones who 'founded Hinduism'... ordering and judging others for their beliefs and practices and passing comments and ridiculing others who are different!
    And I thought that by secular hindu you were meaning "Marxist bong_atheist_types"! So I was mistaken, hmmm.
    It is also really pathetic the plight of Vaishnavas under these secular Hindus -- anything from the 'Eka Seshitvam' principle (along with the worship of multiple avataras) to closing of temples during Eclipses (when Vaishnava temples do not have navagrahas) are ridiculed by Secular Hindus who believe in polytheism.
    (good thing I quoted it, lest it be edited. Hehe.)
    So secular hindu means, polytheists right?
    As one belonging to this community, I can confidently state that polytheists don't reticule anybody, they just do dispassionate study of various strains of monotheisms and monisms and try to measure their effect, good or bad, on human progress.
    Our main interests that evolved out of all these years of study, and that too without any conscious efforts on our own, are Vedanta (primary) and medieval-Vaishnavism (secondary) and also the reasons behind (and fallouts from) their mutual collapse into each other.
    If they believe in polytheism, it is good for them, but why ridicule someone else for their beliefs?.
    Dear sister, you have no idea. On a couple of occasions the "demigods" themselves exhorted us to launch a defence on their behalf. If I remember correctly, at that time Sudas Paijavana inquired of them "O Lord All-gods, which of the weapons shall we employ?"

Sri Ganesha told, "use humour."

KT.

P.S.: and, "no, no I didn't mean that.." - ok I got it
    Things to remember:

1. Life = yajña
    2. Depth of Āstika knowledge is directly proportional
    to the richness of Sanskrit it is written in
    3. Āstika = Bhārata ("east") / Ārya ("west")
    4. Varṇa = tripartite division of Vedic polity
    5. r = c. x²
    where,
    r = realisation
    constant c = intelligence
    variable x = bhakti

Re: 'Fashionable' Hindus and their statements

Vannakkam: I've been labelled and called a radical too many times to count. I've had to quit. or been close to being banned on a couple of other forums. It's ironic. When an orthodox Hindu can tolerate a universalist leaning Hindu, but the universalist leaning one can't tolerate the orthodox view, it really makes you wonder who really has any love for the other?

Some of the most intolerant people I've ever met were universalists. "I'm right and you're wrong!" is a statement that can be made by anyone at all.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information