Thread: India's Ancient Past - Mohenjo-daro

India's Ancient Past - Mohenjo-daro

Re: India's Ancient Past - Mohenjo-daro

Vannakkam Believer ... and here's another recent story in the same vein.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/44638220.cms

I personally believe the archeological finds will continue to go further back yet.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste to all.

Your answer is right here, Eastern Mind - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1768109.stm I've been trying to get detailed excavation reports on Mohenjo-Daro from time to time since the Internet got started. I don't know where to find it. Note that the excavations on the cemetery started in 2013. Wouldn't they have info on the DNA results of these people by now? I think all of us should follow up on this topic.

Namaste,

The above link from Jan 2002 ends with,

The Indian Minister for Human Resources and ocean development said a group had been formed to oversee further studies in the area.
    "We have to find out what happened then ... where and how this civilisation vanished," he said.

So, I was curious if the Federal Minister got the funds allocated for this project, put them in his overseas bank account and moved on, OR, did he actually get something done. Fourteen years after the first article about the submerged city appeared, this is all I could find in terms of progress made:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Khambhat

Regarding Mohenjo-daro, I believe it is located in Pakistan and anything non-islamic is not considered their heritage and gets a low priority for tests/studies/research. So, I am not holding my breath for the results of any DNA results. If any Westerners have an interest in learning more about it and have the funding to do so, we might find more details else it is a dead end.

Pranam.

Namaste,Not to be a buzzkill, but did anyone notice the anti-Hindu BBCian Slip: "Mohenjo Daro is the world's oldest surviving city and dates back to the pre-Hindu Indus Valley civilisation"? (emphasis mine)

Good catch, Sudas Paijavana! Man, this are tricky people we're dealing with!

Mohenjo-daro is an archaeological site in the province of Sindh, Pakistan. Built around 2500 BCE, it was one of the largest settlements of the ancient Indus Valley civilization, and one of the world's earliest major cities, contemporaneous with the civilizations of ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, Minoan Crete, and Norte Chico. Mohenjo-daro is located in Sindh, Pakistan.

Thread Information